PDA

View Full Version : Sweets

Shobe
09-19-2004, 06:41 PM
What do you guys do when you crave like a sundae, ice cream, candy, etc. Because I have been craving sweets for weeks and weeks now, but I haven't given in. But I really need and want some.

waynis
09-19-2004, 06:43 PM
i've avoided them for so long I have no desire for sweets ;) If you want something sweet.. add stevia to it.

Zearoth
09-19-2004, 06:43 PM
Have a cheat day, it won't kill you.

mattburns
09-20-2004, 05:40 AM
i eat fruit or yogurt. raisins really hit the sweet spot for me.

scrutdada
09-20-2004, 07:12 AM
when im craving sweets i eat a protein bar. i eat the zone perfect bars because they have the best taste to me, and it tastes enough like chocolate or whatever to not bother me. but i honestly have almost stopped craving sweets altogther.

HemiVision
09-20-2004, 08:55 AM
If I'm craving sweets, I eat them. I don't find I "crave" anything unless my body needs what it contains - in this case sugar.

I typically don't even like junk food but I've noticed that on the days I've been highly active something like a chocolate bar starts to seem very apetizing. My body knows when it wants something calorie-dense, and I've learned to trust it.

Of course if you were having these cravings all the time, you'd have to learn to ignore them.

RBC13
09-20-2004, 03:58 PM
I used to crave sweets once i began to learn about food and exercize, a year ago, and would have a sweet every other day at first, then once a week after a couple of months, then once a month or two, and now, i never crave them. I just think of what's inside, and how i will be done eating them in such a short period of time, and try to keep a streak going of time without sweets.

So far 13 oz soda/coke in last 8 monts, 1 3000 calorie chocolate cookie cake in two days and one small piece of german chocolate coconut cake(no chocolate otherwise in 8 months), no butter or oil(except flax)for 30 days(current), had no salt for 4-5 month but decided that sodium isn't bad, no sugar added for 3 months(current), 30 grams of fiber for 4 months(current)

I look at eating as a competition to eat as healthy as possible. Anyone care to match my streaks/ give your own.

Brawl
09-20-2004, 04:55 PM
When I crave chocolate I eat it . I have about two candy bars a day down from about 5 . That is why I have no abs . Big ... but no abs .

Mercuryblade
09-21-2004, 12:15 AM
Don't "treat" yourself every once in awhile, just eliminate sweets from your diet, I don't even crave desserts anymore. Eat all natural peanut butter with a no sugar added jelly, not that nutra-sweet crap, but the 100% natural stuff on some wheat bread, with a cold glass of skim milk, good stuff. Fruit also is good when you want something sweet, bananas are good.

meltedtime
09-21-2004, 07:44 AM
If your just starting out and it is stressing you out that much give yourself a friggin' cheat day. You won't pack on pounds of fat by eating a bowl of ice cream or a piece of cake once a week. As you progress you might find that you no longer even need that. Lifes way too short to deprive yourself of the things you enjoy.

melt

chris mason
09-21-2004, 08:17 AM
I am with the majority. You should have a treat every so often. I will go to Starbucks twice a week sugary coffee treat. I pretty much avoid refined sugars at all other times.

galileo
09-21-2004, 10:38 AM
I am with the majority. You should have a treat every so often. I will go to Starbucks twice a week sugary coffee treat. I pretty much avoid refined sugars at all other times.

:drooling:

Seriously, Starbucks is my absolute weakness. Twice yesterday. :(

I'm such a good customer though, they gave me and my buddy a signed card with free coupons inside. :cool:

sublime99
09-21-2004, 10:51 AM
If you crave sweets avoid refined sugars eat honey or sugarfree icecream with honey on top.

ryuage
09-21-2004, 12:24 PM
i craved sweets last night here's how I combatted it...
pancakes with blueberry topping from dennys
chocolate peanut butter pie
3 mrs fields cookies (pb, oatmeal raisin, white chunk)
medium oreo cookie blizzard

PizDoff
09-22-2004, 12:51 AM
Heheheh ryuage.

Well I watch my diet well, and am semi-bulking/maintaining right now.
I usually get it after working out weights or martial arts, mainly because sugar is quickly digested (that's how my mind works now :) ) and hit it with some protein powder mix or fruit juices.

Sugar doesn't really appeal to me, knowing information about nutrition and the potential for diabetes...just doesn't get me off anymore. :D

Digitised
09-22-2004, 04:32 AM
up until i was nearly 21,

i ate 2 takeaways a day (maccy D's and fish 'n'chips) maybe a crap breakfast like beans on white toast.
i never drank anything that wasnt fizzy or black coffee, i ate too much chocolate and biscuits crisps etc.
i would drink 6-10 pints lager on a night out - given the oppourtunity.
i was a total mess of a kid, and so many ppl i knew were in the same boat.
but i was skinnier than them, where as they were naturally mesomorphs and i was a total ectomorph.

my weight was a around 110lbs @ 5'11

i was fed up and totally overhauled my lifestyle, i kicked drinking and all the junk food.
started learning about diet nutrition and weight training, and at times when i was too busy i was able to put it into practice.
i now weigh almost 130lbs and have some decent shape @ low bodyfat (8-9%) and im 23.
im doing a proper bulk now and heading for 160-170.

and btw i eat chocolate only @ xmas and easter, and i really cant eat much before i feel sick.

iLUDEd
09-26-2004, 04:09 AM
i brush my teeth.. who feels like eatin right after youve brushed?

J450n
09-26-2004, 04:59 AM
Don't "treat" yourself every once in awhile, just eliminate sweets from your diet, I don't even crave desserts anymore. Eat all natural peanut butter with a no sugar added jelly, not that nutra-sweet crap, but the 100% natural stuff on some wheat bread, with a cold glass of skim milk, good stuff. Fruit also is good when you want something sweet, bananas are good.

I disagree. I think you need a treat here and there otherwise the temptation could get too much to the point of giving up. Either that or when you finally do 'treat' yourself you over indulge to 'make up for it'. I've found this to be true for a couple of people i know.

J450n
09-26-2004, 05:01 AM
i brush my teeth.. who feels like eatin right after youve brushed?

I'll have to try that one.

Den Fisher
09-26-2004, 08:34 AM
I eat no sweets at all.. except for this JIF peanut butter I guess.. But I'll be going and getting natural PB today. But yeah, I haven't craved sweets for probably 3 years, because I was use to thinkin' chocolated caused acne, so I just stayed away from anything chocolate completely (I didn't even like the taste that much.) But now, you couldn't even pay me 5 dollars to eat a snickers bar.

Nitrean shake > banana > sweets