PDA

View Full Version : oatmeal a good source?

BlingMeter
09-21-2004, 05:43 PM
im finding ithard to get to the 3000cal iw ant everyday unless i go nuts at night time.. i find myself 500-700cals short by dinner time... i buy oatmeal from jewel and eat 4 packets inthe morning. (140cals per packet) and i was wondering if this is a good way for calories. and at night time can i eat a can of tuna and 2 more packets of oatmeal? i hope this much oatmeal is "empty" calories

Shao-LiN
09-21-2004, 07:01 PM
You want empty calories? Soda is empty calories. A whole bunch of sugar that doesn't really help you at all. Oatmeal is a good source of carbs, especially fiber.

Alke
09-21-2004, 08:29 PM
oatmeal is the best!

tuna is a bit rough for me at bedtime....gives me heartburn if I eat it before lying down. Cottage cheese is another good source before bedtime..

another thing to remember when you start eating 3000+ is that flax oil and natty peanut butter good to bump calories.

BlingMeter
09-21-2004, 09:05 PM
alright so 500calsof oatmeal in the mornin, then 500 at night! id eat tuna in the morning but sometimes the belly doesnt like things in the morning. and i spend the next half hour on the john dumpin it all out :swear: maybe once a month it happens haha.

i assume they sell flax oil at the supermarket. ill try to eat peanut butter. i just hate when it gets stuck in my throat. thanks alot.

RBC13
09-21-2004, 10:28 PM
Just do 6 meals of 500 calories that works for your schedule, make sure you get about 500 at each one and you'll be fine.

Digitised
09-22-2004, 04:40 AM
i totally agree with RBC.

its not rocket science, and really as a BB you shoul already have planned your diet and therefore you should know what you are getting per meal.

If you need some high cal foods i can recommend some essentials.

Beans on toast (1 tin beans and 4 toast) -1000 cals best breakfast ever!
200g of mackeral = 600 cals and 50g protein
100g of nuts - 500 cals 30g protein (i eat 200g a day - mixed nuts with some raisins delecious)

bananas = 150 cals each - a bunch of 5 a day = 750 easy cals

hope that gives you some ideas

BlingMeter
09-22-2004, 05:44 AM
ihave been calculating yes. but at the job right now i CANT squeeze in anything else besides breakfast and lunch. i cant slip in a snack. im working contsantly. no time for breaks. for breakfast im considering white hen roast beef sand and some metrx bars

Aspect
09-22-2004, 05:50 AM
There's nothing wrong with eating oatmeal for your calories - if that's what it takes for you to eat enough, then go for it! There are foods that would be better to eat, but if they don't fit into your lifestyle then it's pretty pointless recommending them.

Out of interest, aka23 gets a lot of his calories from simple oatmeal. If you've not checked out his journal, I'd suggest you do so - he's made phenomenal progress (something like 40lbs of lean mass gained, and body fat maintained at around 5%, over the last 15 or so months). Of course his success is down to more than eating oatmeal, but it shows that oatmeal can be part of a very successful diet.

BlingMeter
09-22-2004, 03:50 PM
thanks guys. ill check out aka23 journal