PDA

View Full Version : Damn cutting, damn it to hell! (HELP)

Jezmason
09-22-2004, 04:20 AM
Gah, sick of trying. It's been my ambition for a while to cut from 231Ibs to 195Ibs but everytime i lose some the weightloss seems to stop, which in turn unmotivates me and ruins my eating habits. I've been cutting on 2000 calories and having VERY low carbs (like 230g protein and 40g carbs). I'm gonna restart properly with a higher deficit and drop it everytime weightloss slows. Heres what the new figures are
Protein 190g
Carbs 150g
Fat 40g
2400 Calories
At the moment my eating patterns are awful, one day i'll eat too much and the next i wont eat enough so i need to get back into an eating routine as i have just started a new routine at the gym. I will mostly be eating tuna and wholemeal bread, whey/casein blend shakes and egg whites/scrambled egg and supplementing with Creatine, fish oil capsules and a multivitamin.

galileo
09-22-2004, 06:04 AM
Have you been performing any refeeds? How lean are you? How long is "a while?"

Jezmason
09-22-2004, 07:12 AM
No refeeds, and i've been cutting on and off for a few months but just keep reverting to my starting weight due to becoming demotivated, and i'm not lean at all

geoffgarcia
09-22-2004, 07:53 AM
after 6-10 weeks at cutting levels ur metabolism and leptin levels will fall to the point where you just can't lose any more weight (assuming your not doing refeeds). At this point you need to reset your calorie load to maintenance+ before you can cut again.

Refeeds won't just enable you to cut for longer, they will also enable you to lose more at higher calorie levels (thanks to a higher metabolism/leptin levels)

I recommend tracking everything and leaving no margin for error in terms of meal sizes and composition. Its barely 2 months, so make the most of it.

galileo
09-22-2004, 09:46 AM
Refeeding is important as geoff said. A few months isn't very long, you should be fully dedicating yourself.

I would suggest starting out at 2750 calories, slightly more fat, same carbs, and more protein. You can lower calories slightly, but not too much. Use HIIT cardio to make up some more deficit later. You may find the more satiated you are, the less likely you'll be to binge.