PDA

View Full Version : Bulking/Cutting

thalakos84
09-24-2004, 02:00 PM
Alright. Been lifting for about 6 months now. Went from 133lbs to 147lbs. Here are my problem areas: I need a bigger chest, and my lower abs have gained size, but their covered by a thin layer of fat that hides definition. I've been trying to bulk for my chest, but lose fat for definition. I eat whatever the hell I want, and I eat a lot of it. But I get all of my nutrients; carbs, protein, and fat. My question is this, if I maybe clean up my diet (i.e. cutting out soda, cosmic brownies, Pizza Combos, chocolate milk, Taco Bell) will I still bulk, and at the same time manage to cut that little bit of fat? Or should I bulk first and continue eating the way I do, and then later clean my diet and cut? Also, what are the no-no's of clean eating?

Here's a link to my pics so you know what I'm talking about:
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=51973

Zearoth
09-24-2004, 09:57 PM
When you bulk, its inevitable that you will gain SOME fat, unless you're going to take the bulk slowly with marginal gains.

If you eat clean, you'll still gain some bodyfat, just not as much as you would eating whatever the hell you want. It also gives you health benefits and make cardio slightly easier when you do resort to cutting again.