PDA

View Full Version : To Many Carbs

POPS
09-25-2004, 09:03 PM
Is it possible to have to many carbs when bulking. Is this why my waist line is increasing along with everything else.
Example of my diet
4000 cal's
450 gr of carbs, mostly rice and pinto beans
375 gr of protein
80 gr of fat

Vido
09-25-2004, 09:10 PM
You should expect to gain "some" fat while bulking. It has more (and perhaps all) to do with your caloric surplus, as opposed to where you are getting those calories from. So, your best bet would be to lower the calories slightly if you are gaining more fat than you desire (keep in mind that avoiding fat gain altogether probably isn't going to happen).

As for your current breakdown, I'd try to up the fat intake to at least 120g. To do this, I would personally lower the carbs, but you could also lower the protein if you wish.

TheGimp
09-26-2004, 03:42 AM
I'm with Vido. At 18% of calories your daily fat intake is too low. 20% is a bare minimum to maintain healthy hormone (testosterone) production.

Personally I ensure I eat at least 1g/lb of bodyweight in protein, at least 20% fat and make the rest up in carbs.

SalahG
09-26-2004, 04:04 AM
I'm with Vido. At 18% of calories your daily fat intake is too low. 20% is a bare minimum to maintain healthy hormone (testosterone) production.

Personally I ensure I eat at least 1g/lb of bodyweight in protein, at least 20% fat and make the rest up in carbs.
He's using AAS, fat intake is therefore less important, because he is applying testosterone exogeneously.

ryuage
09-26-2004, 12:35 PM
and honestly, can your body really tell the difference of 2 percent haha... uh oh Im 1 gram short of fat... better lower my test production :P