PDA

View Full Version : When to eat?

Dez
11-02-2001, 01:18 AM
If a person is Cutting, should he/she eat immediately after a workout or wait for a period of time? (excluding Protein Shake)

The_Chicken_Daddy
11-02-2001, 03:48 AM
Always immediately.

As far as what to eat, there's a few threads below this one - i'll let you make up your own mind.

YatesNightBlade
11-02-2001, 04:21 AM
Yeah ... Straight After.

CBates
11-30-2001, 05:40 PM
Why would you want to eat right after workout? I heard that you need to at least wait almost a hour before eating. That may be when bulking though...

Reinier
12-01-2001, 04:27 AM
i thought you should always have your post workout meal as fast aspossible after lifting so ur metabolism is highest?-

Budiak
12-01-2001, 05:05 AM
No, you eat your post-workout protein shake/whatever immediately after exercise beause the muscles are thirsting for the nutrients, and ready to recieve them.

You need to wait an hour after that to eat a real meal, usually beacuse the body is so receptive to food right after workout that if you eat too much, it may be stored as fat instead of put into repairing and feeding muscles. It also has to do with the fact that most post-workout meals contain large amounts of high-gi carbs, which spike insulin and would store any subsequently eaten meals as fat.

Or something.