PDA

View Full Version : working up to daily recomended calories

AzBboy
09-28-2004, 02:59 PM
hi, can somone help me out? after figuring out my calorie tally of 2917 a day to bulk, i have realized that this is incredibly too much. i know, to most of u think that aint crap, but to me it is very hard. i have to get 38g protein per meal and 48g a carbs a meal, the fats are easy, only 15. Over the last few days, i been tryin to eat that much every meal for six meals, and was only able to make it through four meals with tremendous effort and feelin like im gonna kill over from a heart attack, LITERALLY. i then read it is not wise to bump calories up to extremes over nite, so that is probly partialy why its so hard. my question is, should i just count my normal eating habbit calories for the week then next week increase it by a few hundred cals? and work my way up to my AMR? if so, by how many cals a week should i increase? and also if so, should i just totally even forget about lifting, since i obviously aint gonna gain nothing until i can exceed my AMR? sorry if this is long posts its just im really frustrated and willing to learn, thanks alot any reply is very appreciated.

geoffgarcia
09-28-2004, 03:03 PM
dont worry so much about having 6 meals. If you can fit 3k calories into 3 meals then go for it. Its much much more important to get the right number of calories then to worry about the timing of them.

If your having a hard time with food then try taking more calories in the form of protein shakes and fat oils. These should be easy as pie to get down both AM and PM
I'd ramp your calories up by about 4-500 a week

Vido
09-28-2004, 03:05 PM
Yes, just add 200-300 calories/week until you are eating enough.

In addition, you don't HAVE to get 38g protein, 48g carbs, and 15g fat every meal. Ratios are overall guidelines (more for a daily or weekly basis than meal by meal), and basically useless anyway.

geoffgarcia
09-28-2004, 03:08 PM
Obsessed is just a word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated Lazy is a just a word that the obsessed use to describe the disinterested ;)

Max-Mex
09-28-2004, 04:06 PM
If your having a hard time with food then try taking more calories in the form of protein shakes and fat oils. These should be easy as pie to get down both AM and PM
I'd ramp your calories up by about 4-500 a week

Best advice. 2 tablespoons of olive oil can have almost 300 cals (more like 240, come to think of it). 2 cups of milk (skim or fat free type), 2 scoops of any protien powder, 2 eggs, and 2 tablespoons on olive oil will get you around 500 or more cals.

mattburns
09-28-2004, 04:36 PM
you'll soon adjust to it, when i started i struggled 3000 but now i reckon i could hit 4500 easy. you'll learn what foods will help add up, also i always have a pretty big breakfast of about 800 cals i find this helps a fair bit.

AzBboy
09-28-2004, 10:08 PM
thanx alot of the tips, very helpful!