PDA

View Full Version : trimming chicken breast fat

toughguywannabe
09-28-2004, 03:49 PM
when u guys cook chicken breast over the stove do u usually trim off the fat? my dad said to just leave it on there b/c it helps the chicken cook.. i usually trim the fat off and use 1 tbsp of olive oil to cook chicken breast.. my dad said i need more olive oil to help it cook and not dry out is this true??

Vido
09-28-2004, 03:58 PM
Your dad's tips are correct...if you're going for taste.

If you want to eat the chicken in the healthiest way possible you should be trimming any visible fat.

waynis
09-28-2004, 05:38 PM
haha.. my dad's the same way. This is why I try to make my own food. LIke vido said it will taste better but that fat can add up. They usually carry 99% fat free turkey or chicken strips in the stores. The fat is trimmed already. Another suggestion. Buy a whole chicken that you cook in the oven and pick off the white parts on the body of the chicken that is fat free.

Y2A
09-28-2004, 05:47 PM
I trim the fat off and cook it on a pan with cooking spray lol. Tastes fine to me...

waynis
09-28-2004, 06:16 PM
I usually spread a tablespoon of olive oil on the pan with a paper towel. Then add water when needed. I also add mrs. dash and tabasco seasoning. It gives it a lot of flavor and tastes great without all the fat.

Vido
09-28-2004, 06:30 PM
Lemon juice is also great to cook with. It's virtually calorie-free, but tastes quite good.

toughguywannabe
09-28-2004, 09:40 PM
when u grill chicken breast do u trim the fat off as well? my dad said it'll just burn off and in sake of time he said don't do it.. i usually do trim the fat off though.. the only thing i can grill are steaks.. chicken is somethin i try to grill but ends up super dry even when i maranate them overnight..

Vido
09-28-2004, 10:17 PM
Yes, still cut the fat off when grilling chicken.

waynis
09-29-2004, 03:57 PM
LOL- the fat disapears when you cook it... If that was the case mcdonald hamburgers would be fat free :burger: