PDA

View Full Version : Is there such a thing??? If so, what?

Timastyle
09-29-2004, 06:07 PM
Is there such a thing as eating healthy when bulking? If so, what would it be?

Its very hard for me to put on weight, so I feed my stomach anything I can get my hands on. Whether it be pizza, fast food, whatever. I don't put on fat, yet still seem to put on muscle. If there's a healthier way to go about this, what should I eat to keep the fat low yet the muscle high?

In a thread I started in the bodybuilding section, I said that I seem to run out of energy by the time I get home from work. Could the lack of a healthier diet be a cause? If so, how can I improve this?

Thanks guys

Dirt
09-29-2004, 06:22 PM
Read the "what a bodybuilder eats thread", but to simplify, yes you can and should eat better when bulking. Focus on foods like milk, eggs, brown rice, whole grain bread, oats, cottage cheese, chicken, steak, yams/baked potatoes, ground beef should all be staples of your diet. Add in fish oils, olive oil, flax oil, natural peanut butter, nuts, etc for healthy fats. Those are the foods you should build your diet around and throw in some vegetables where you feel neccessary.

waynis
09-29-2004, 06:35 PM
Of course.. UNlike some views on this thread I don't think you should sacrifice health while bulking. If your gonna eat meats.. get em lean. If your gonna eat fats.. make it good efa's and don't over due on them either. Look at bodybuilding diet like dirt said.