PDA

View Full Version : Can't think of one!

Football Girl
09-30-2004, 08:16 AM
Ok, I'm new to this thing. I read a couple to see what they were like. I got here by looking up "weightlifing joke" on google. I brought up the "Lame Joke of the Day!" and they're lame...but yet great! Anyways :offtopic: I started lifting last year in late October. Powerlifting season :thumbup: . I was the only eighth grader on the team (I'm 14, my name is Jade, harhar...just thought I'd let ya know). Needless to say (not really) I whooped everyone's ass! :clap: I made it to state, but because of the fact that I didn't have a high school transcript I couldn't go. I went to watch nationals with my friend Jece (who was in nationals and took first :thumbup: :clap: )and I watched my weight class, and I would have been third. So I guess you could say that's one heck of an achievement. But on with this thing.

My measurements right now are:
Chest=37''
Shoulders=43''
Waist=29''
Biceps=14''
Lower arm (like I know what that's called)=11''
Thighs (or whatever they're called)=my guess would be about maybe 22''? Forgot to measure them! And right now I'm in Computer Programming, and I don't think he would understand what measuring me thighs has to do with this class! :offtopic:
Calves=maybe uh...I think I'm off on my thighs..oh well... maybe 18-20''
well, if I knew more info I saw people writing down I forgot it. So that's all that I have.

My lifts are measly for what I want...but they're good for any girl my age..and compare to most guys my age. (oh yeah, I'm also in football, hence the name...and I can outlift most of them..sadly!) But here are my lifts:
Bench=135 lbs (yuck, I want more...but I'm the first girl to ever do that in this high school...of 1500...so it's not huge, but not too tiny)
Deadlift=240lbs (315lbs this season, you watch)
Squat=185lbs (225lbs by the end of powerlifting season)
Hipsled/Hipslide (call me pathetic, I don't know what it's called, I don't like it, but they get mad when I do squats in football)=290lbs
Clean=125lbs (I've only competed with them once, so I'm not all too worked up over them. I got first and Best lifter...) (Oh yeah, I've gotten first everywhere I've went)
Incline Dumbell Press=25 lbers. (lame, I know)
Decline Cambred Bar=75 lbs
Skull Crushers=45lbs
Calf Raises=135lbs (both legs, not just one)
Safety Squat=160lbs (somewhere in there...I usually just add weights)

EIKS! If only I put this much effort into my homework! (nah, kidding, I'm a straight "A" student!)

Ok, so if anyones got any tips on how to raise those, I'd greatly appreciate it! Or maybe some tips on helping me with being the only girl on the football team!! Any chicks on here that are/were in football?

Football Girl
09-30-2004, 08:20 AM
Me again (oh yay!) forgot this= I'm 5'3'' and weigh around 150lbs :omg:

Frozenmoses
09-30-2004, 08:30 AM
Woohoo, weightlifting chicks are hot! Haha, good luck with your goals. You seem very strong already.

BigNic
09-30-2004, 08:37 AM
damn girl your definetly stronger than any girl i know. If you get into it you could make it big. Are you on a p lifting routine? If so outline it for us,.

JustinF
09-30-2004, 08:40 AM
omg! If you have 18" calves I'm going to kill myself!!

Welcome to WBB, good luck with your goals.

Football Girl
09-30-2004, 08:46 AM
I don't know what my calves are...16 maybe, I'll measure them tonight...have to go...computer programming is over...I think I suck at guesstimating..and yeah, I'll get the powerlifting workout for ya'll asap! bye

ElPietro
09-30-2004, 11:54 AM
Lol, I'm 245 lbs and my calves are 18.5"!

Great lifts, you are only 14 and already stronger than 97% of the women on the planet. Hard work and dedication will carry you far if you stick with it. Good luck!

:thumbup:

ericg
09-30-2004, 12:00 PM
Nice lifts. That is awesome. Good luck with your goals.

Shane
09-30-2004, 12:43 PM
omg! If you have 18" calves I'm going to kill myself!!

Welcome to WBB, good luck with your goals.

Me too. :cry:

Your lifts are impressive. Especially for your age. Just keep it up or we'll send Mystic Eric after you.

John0101
09-30-2004, 01:17 PM
wow a girl whose into powerlifting at the age of 14, how did you get into it?

Anyways nice lifts, im pretty sure your stronger then most guys in your age group, hell your MUCH stronger then me when I was 14.

Whats your routine and diet like?

Stephen Riddington
09-30-2004, 01:38 PM
14 years old, 5'3" and 150lbs....

You can beat me up :hide: :cry:

Football Girl
09-30-2004, 08:27 PM
Home at last! The football game seemed to take forever, we lost 16-8! Oh well, next week! Anyways, the moment we've all been waiting for....17'' calves and 24'' thighs. As for my powerlifting workout. It goes a little something like this...I'm going to post a different workout everyday...to make life easier on me.

BENCH:
week 1= 5*55 5*61 3*64 ??*67
week 2= 5*61 6*64 3*67 ??*70
week 3= 5*64 5*67 3*70 ??*76
week 4= 5*67 5*70 3*76 ??*82
week 5= 3*70 3*76 2*82 ??*85
week 6= 3*76 3*82 2*85 ??*88
week 7= 3*82 3*85 2*88 ??*92
week 8= 3*85 3*88 2*92 ??*94

(I'm not sure what to do when you run out of weeks, last year in powerlifting when we got done with the first meet [8 weeks] we remaxed and started at week 4)

Bench Day Auxiliaries:
Chest:
Heavy Close Grips
3*5
Incline D-bell Bench
3*6
Triceps:
Skull Crushers
3*8
Tri-pushdowns
3*8
Heavy Dumbell Extentions
3*8

There is a twice a week ab workout. I always did this on squat day (because it took the least time) and my day off (because I had nothing else to do)

Ab workout:
Crunches
3*12
Incline Board Twists (w/ medium med. ball)
3*12-15
Straight Leg Raises
3*12-15
Platforms
2-1 minute interval

For some reason there is another Ab workout stapled to the back of the pack, I will copy that another day, I'm tired, played almost the whole game. See ya later! and Peach out! :drooling:

BigNic
09-30-2004, 08:30 PM
what position do you play? Good bench day

Football Girl
09-30-2004, 08:38 PM
Here's a lovely list! haha...well I've been moved around so many times!

Currently the coach'll put me in any given game at these positions. (I come from a small team with not too many backups [a team of 20]) I play starting left tackles (on offense of course) starting strong safety (defense) and when I'm out he'll occasionally put me in as nose tackle, contained tackle, right and left guard, and right guard. I have played a little at Full back and one play at center and one play at tight end. So basically, I know what everone does!

To answer someone else's question of how I got into powerlifting, well...my dad's friend's step-son was in powerlifting and mentioned that they didn't have very many girls. So Joe (my dad's friend) mentioned it to me. And I've been the person that was in every single sport (which usually meant two a season) just to keep myself fit. And I did enjoy lifting weights, and powerlifting is our big school sport I guess, so I got into it in eighth grade. Outlifted most my competition (I say most because of Miss Katie Van Dusen, a friend of mine, who could double me almost anyday) by about 150 lbs! It was great. There's no going back. :strong: I guess that's how I got into it! And one last thing to say before I really go to bed! Nationals/Texas! HERE I COME!!

Football Girl
10-01-2004, 08:12 AM
Uh, back in computer programming once again. Well, no lifting in school tonight and no football tonight (varsity game...I'll probably go watch, catch up on the gossip...all that ****) The game doesn't start until 7:00. I might have pep band, but either way that'll still give me enough time to run/walk/jog home (3 miles). I'll probably lift tonight after I get home. Who knows, go downstairs (the weightroom) and probably work on some cleans, and Bowflex's version of bench press (Even though I can do 310 for 12 reps and then hold it for thirty seconds and repeat that three times) Then I'll probably do some v bar pull downs, and end it with some military presses (at about 100 [99 to be exact] lbs). Then hit the hay, because I have to get up at about 3-4 in the morning to go help my mom with a craft show (what she does for a living). So I'll get my workout there carrying 75 fire rings in and out of the trailer and to the cars of people who buy them. I'm not sure if I'll lift that night. It'll all depend on who's online most likely. Or if I have to work. :scratch: The neighboring town's homecoming is tonight, so I'm sure there'll be no one online to talk to. They'll all be at the dance (most of the people I talk to online are from that town). Well, before my teacher starts walking around I'm going to go. Talk at ya later!

dissipate
10-01-2004, 08:27 AM
wow.

Football Girl
10-01-2004, 08:57 AM
I couldn't help but notice Elpietro's Jack Handey's things! I love those. LOL :offtopic: But in our pass books in school they have little quotes at the bottom to give you "inspiration" and there was only one good one in my mind (Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work--Thomas Edison [smart, smart man!]). So I took the book Deepest Thoughts--So Deep They Squeak and wrote those in below every other one :evillaugh Ok, now that I got that out of my system, class is about 15 minutes from being over and I suppose I ought to get something done. Later

ElPietro
10-01-2004, 09:31 AM
Lol!

Football Girl
10-01-2004, 02:57 PM
Ok, so the walk home didn't go so good, weather in WI is terrible...rain, rain, and heavy rain. There is a bad accident 15 miles north of us. Football is still on, so it'll have to be that and lifting later, peace out! *thunder*

Beast
10-01-2004, 03:03 PM
Pics.

Football Girl
10-01-2004, 04:42 PM
http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OYAYK8H&key=FNG

That's a link to my hotornot pic. Which I'll admit...I'm not 18 :omg: But either way, the pic is 2 years old. I still basically look the same with those clothes on. I'm stonger than in the pic, but you wouldn't be able to tell, and my hair is about an inch longer. I finally decided to start growing it out again. I think that is about it. I'll get one on my profile when I find one. My powerlifting/football coach just got the pictures back from the powerlifting meet this June, so maybe I'll see if those are any good. Peace out...football game...GO PHILLIPS LOGGERS

Football Girl
10-01-2004, 09:32 PM
Back from the game! I think we lost. LOL...I don't know...my friends and I were in the school. I took a Saturday off paintballing tomorrow to help my mom out at a craft show. Came home from the game and dad will be able to go to the craft show, so I don't have to. But I mine as well go, because it's too late to make any arrangements for rides now. Oh well, next time! I probably won't lift at all tonight. I carried enough people on my back, that's enough of a workout! Plus, I ran reps around the track, not sure how fast/slow I was going, but I made it 14 times around the track. :thumbup: Uh, so, I supposed I could sent ya'll another workout. How tonight I send you the "other" ab workout (this is the one we're supposed to do...I think)

Ab Workout:

3 sets to failure

Lower Abs (pick 2)
Partner Pushes
Hanging Leg Ups (straight or bent)
L-sits (straight or bent)
6'' Leg Holds

Upper Abs (pick 2)
Platforms
Decline Bench Crunches
Med Ball Crunches
Butterfly Crunch
Cable Crunches
Swiss Ball Crunches

Obliques (pick 1)
Swiss Ball-Med Ball Twists (w/partner)
Dumbell Side Crunches
Decline Med Ball Twists
Side Hypers

There ya go! The ab workout!

Anyone got any advice on how to pull 150lbs up a towel! Haha, how can I improve my towel pull-ups. Or just pull ups for that matter! I can do the most Tricep pull-ups out of any girl in our school (we had a contest start of the year..all girls and all guys) I can do 2!! Nice Huh!
Peace out!

BIG C
10-02-2004, 09:25 AM
Nice Workout!

Looking strong! Keep at it!

Max-Mex
10-02-2004, 11:34 AM
Damn, 60 pounds shy of a 2x deadlift! Very strong. Welcome aboard and good luck with the goals. :thumbup:

Shane
10-02-2004, 11:50 AM
Anyone got any advice on how to pull 150lbs up a towel! Haha, how can I improve my towel pull-ups. Or just pull ups for that matter! I can do the most Tricep pull-ups out of any girl in our school (we had a contest start of the year..all girls and all guys) I can do 2!! Nice Huh!
Peace out!

The best way to improve towel pull ups is to do towel pull ups. Do some ladders and maybe end with a long slow (like 20 second) negative from the hang.

Football Girl
10-02-2004, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the advice. I'll be on later and put another workout on here. Probably Deadlift. Seeing as though that would leave squat, which is by far the shortest workout. It's pretty funny because in my personal fitness class everyone knows I'm the strongest person in it. Of the girls and guys. Yet I can't compare to all the guys pull ups. But my arms aren't strong enough to pull 150lbs up yet I guess! :(

Football Girl
10-02-2004, 08:13 PM
Here is the dealift day workout I promised ya'll!

Deadlift:

week 1 5*55 3*61 ??*64
week 2 5*61 3*64 ??*67
week 3 5*64 3*67 ??*73
week 4 5*67 3*73 ??*76
week 5 3*73 2*76 ??*82
week 6 3*76 2*82 ??*85
week 7 3*82 2*85 ??*88
week 8 3*85 2*88 ??*94

Deadlift day auxiliaries:

Seated lat pulls
3*8
Wide bar lat pulls
3*8
Back hypers
4*12 w/ weight
high pulls
3*8

Tomorrow I will do both Shoulder/Bicep day, and Squat day. However, they are seperate workouts. Don't do them on the same day! I did all the workouts one day. Wow, you'll be sorry. But I missed powerlifting that whole week and coach really wanted me to get the lifts in, it was two weeks before a meet :nod:

dissipate
10-03-2004, 07:51 PM
what kind of football are you in.. like rugby football? or just kick the ball football? and do you have any goals?

Football Girl
10-03-2004, 09:13 PM
I'm in football football...like the kind you watch on TV. Just high school. Nope, there's no girl's team. And usually when I take off my helmet the other team goes, "You got whooped by a girl!" It's great!...Do I have have goals...well lifting wise yes. Bench-150, Squat-225, Deadlift-315, and Clean-135. Not sure if you meant lifting or football though. It's really hard to have football goals. There is no college or pro girl football team :whiner: :swear: Ok, I said I would have another workout up here. So here it goes.

Squat:

week 1 5*55 5*61 3*64 ??*67
week 2 5*61 5*64 3*67 ??*70
week 3 5*64 5*67 3*70 ??*76
week 4 5*67 5*70 3*76 ??*82
week 5 3*70 3*76 2*82 ??*85
week 6 3*76 3*82 2*85 ??*88
week 7 3*82 3*85 2*88 ??*92
week 8 3*85 3*88 2*92 ??*94

Squat Day Auxiliaries:

Leg Curls
4*8
Calf Raises (Safety Squat)
3*15
Leg Extensions
3*8

And...Shoulder/Bicep Day. (not the same day as squat...)

Shoulders

D-bell shoulder press
3*8
D-bell shrugs
3*8-10 (heavy)
Upright rows
3*8
Lateral Raises (3 way)
2*8 (Giant Set)

Biceps

Bar curls
3*8
Hammer curls
3*10
Preacher curls
3*8

Football Girl
10-04-2004, 05:44 PM
Had football today. Until Six. That's my work out. We went up to the weight room halfway through. We did 3*8 bench (115), 3*10 pushups, 3*10 inclined sit ups (level 2), 3*5 squats (135), 3*15 leg raises. I went around from the safety squat (couldn't tell ya the weight) and the preacher curls (35). I hope to lift more after work, but I'm on break and gots to get going!

Football Girl
10-05-2004, 08:27 AM
I started this thing two nights ago. I do it right before I go to bed. It's not much, but it's a cheap way, and I hope it helps a little in the long run. I do as many sit ups as I can (with my feet on a 20 lb. barbell). I usually do 10-11. They're actually more of a lowering/pushup. Because I got down really really slow and come up like a push up. Then I do wall sits (with my legs parallel). That usually lasts 30 seconds. Then I do Ab Endurace (where you get into push up position and hold yourself up with your forearms) that usually lasts 1 minute or more. And last I put the 20 lb. weight on my feet and do as many slow sit ups as I can. Anyone got any other things to do like that?

Football Girl
10-06-2004, 08:24 AM
Last night I did the ab endurace for 1:00. I did 8 push ups. 18 crunches. and 45 seconds of walls sits. Everytime I do a push up my shoulders and crack. And every time I do a sit up my lower back cracks. Is this bad? Can it be fixed?? It's feels different. It doesn't hurt, but I'm afraid that it will hurt if it keeps happening. I don't think that's normal :confused: Football practice tonight from 3:30 until 6. Work from when I get home to later LOL I have no clue when I'll get off. And I probably go home and just do some curls and maybe some cleans. What are some good tricep excersizes??

dissipate
10-06-2004, 08:35 AM
i haven't done ab stuff for a looong loooooong time :p for triceps, close grip benching will work them. also pushdowns, extensions, kickbacks and dips.

not sure if you know of this site, http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html but it's good and might help.

Football Girl
10-06-2004, 05:37 PM
thanks

Football Girl
10-07-2004, 07:33 AM
Did 3*8*310 bench (bowflex), 3*8*160 squat (bowflex) and 3*5*95 cleans (freeweights)

dissipate
10-10-2004, 04:13 AM
you bench and squat more than my weight. i'm scared...

Football Girl
10-10-2004, 11:30 AM
I don't like benching with the Bowflex though because it is so off from a free weight bench. I can barely do 135 with free weights, but with the bowflex I can do a full workout with 310. So I wouldn't be all to scared : :D last night I did a 3*8*75 clean workout.

Football Girl
10-12-2004, 08:33 AM
I didn't leave an entry yesterday due to my football game. However, I did lift. I did 3*8*115 cleans 3*8*190 deadlift and then did the auxilaries to go with them. (Ha, deadlift is an auxilary for cleans...but I didn't do it. Mainly cuz I kinda already did. Not on purpose though)

Ğragons
10-12-2004, 08:46 AM
are u big? pics? :p

dissipate
10-12-2004, 08:55 AM
what is bowflex? and clean workout = free weights?

Football Girl
10-12-2004, 07:04 PM
I have a bigger bone structure than almost everyone my age (it's not an excuse to be heavier...I promise :D ) But I don't know...I'm almost kind of average size now I guess. I didn't really keep in touch with too many (or any) of my friends over the summer...I just lifted basically...and when I came back to school they were all about my size :eek: But I'm still stronger. I'm 5'4'' ish...somewhere around there. I weigh about 147 although that varies with football. And I have a 29'' waist. www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OYAYK8H&key=FNG (i hope that worked) www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OYAYK8H&key=FNG (but if not that's the link) (Woops, I'm not 18..shouldn't be in there...but that hasn't stopped anyone else!) Bowflex is that WAY OVER ADVERTISED weight (actually it's the "up to 410 pounds of resistance" machine) on MTV/VH1/MTV2/FUSE if you watch any of them, chances are you know what I'm saying!

briancurran01
10-12-2004, 07:46 PM
nice lifts...welcome to the journal land.

Football Girl
10-13-2004, 07:37 AM
Last night my workout was a sad workout. Usually when lifting for football I get everything in, but due to hurting me knee I wasn't about to do anything that included putting pressure on my knee. So I could only do 3*10 push-ups. 3*8 leg raises. 3*15 incline (on the third thingy) sit ups. 3*10*85 bench. And last of all, 3*8*25 inclined dumb bell press. Oh, wait, I did 1 set of 8*65 decline cambred bar. And then I did a set of like elbow bend things with the 15 lbers. WOW!! haha

dissipate
10-13-2004, 10:54 PM
Bowflex is that WAY OVER ADVERTISED weight (actually it's the "up to 410 pounds of resistance" machine) on MTV/VH1/MTV2/FUSE if you watch any of them, chances are you know what I'm saying!
oh. errr i live in asia and i don't have cable :P

hope your knee is better now... do you know what caused it?

And then I did a set of like elbow bend things with the 15 lbers.
lol. triceps extensions?

Football Girl
10-14-2004, 08:05 AM
Yeah, tricep extensions...that's it! What I did to my knee was just come straight down on it in a football game. And it just jarred my knee cap back into my leg hard and that's all....it was just sore. They looked it over because they thought I might have had a muniscal tare. But good thing I didn't. Because my dad had surgery for that last year! Homecoming week Yay!! Today we get to play "powderpuff football" I think it's just gunna be touch football. But who knows with the girls in our school. But there is Boys volleyball and powderpuff football. So sounds like fun I guess. I kinda get the short end of the bargain though. The girls all play volleyball, so now they get a chance to play football. And the guys all play football so now they have a chance to play volleyball. Me, I play football, and I'm playing football :D oh well. :ninja:

Football Girl
10-16-2004, 09:47 PM
do inclined (or with ur feet on something) really help your pushups/make them harder

dissipate
10-18-2004, 08:02 AM
what is powderpuff football? (reminds me of powerpuff girls)

Football Girl
10-18-2004, 08:24 PM
powderpuff football is like flag football...cept it's still full contact....just tackling doesnt mean a thing...you can tackle someone all you want..but you still have to get that darn flag off! Real football is better...

dissipate
11-01-2004, 12:06 AM
update!! where are you?!?!