PDA

View Full Version : Two cheat days instead of one?

Regenvelc
09-30-2004, 07:14 PM
I am in college and I like to drink. I am thinking that having two cheat days wont be horrible on friday/saturday as long as I dont over do them. I eat clean on Sunday - Thrusday and workout 6 days a week(including friday). What are your views on this?

fixationdarknes
09-30-2004, 07:44 PM
What's a cheat day?

Vido
09-30-2004, 07:52 PM
Two cheat days is better than three, but worse than one...I don't know what you want people to post here.

Vido
09-30-2004, 07:53 PM
What's a cheat day?

A cheat day means you can eat some of the stuff you like so much, but have been depriving yourself of because it isn't good for you.

Meat Axe
09-30-2004, 08:08 PM
my whole life is one big cheat
are you trying to lose weight or gain weight?

Regenvelc
09-30-2004, 08:09 PM
Lose, but I only want to lose 14 more lbs and build while doing it. So basically I want to lose a little bit of fat.

Edit - or would it be a good idea to bulk a bit and build muscle before toning it? Cuz is being on a strict low cal diet good for building muscle?

Vido
09-30-2004, 08:11 PM
Cuz is being on a strict low cal diet good for building muscle?

Obviously not

Regenvelc
09-30-2004, 08:14 PM
Obviously not
What?

Vido
09-30-2004, 09:32 PM
Obviously being on a low calorie diet isn't good for building muscle.

toughguywannabe
09-30-2004, 10:05 PM
u can't do both.. u gotta pick one or the other even if u were juiced.. i do have a cheat day once a week but it's never an all out binge.. i'll go pretty strict for most of the day but i'll substitute one of my meals and get a chicken mcgrill instead.. but sometimes i do cheat a lot worse on my cheat day..

Regenvelc
09-30-2004, 10:16 PM
Obviously being on a low calorie diet isn't good for building muscle.

Yeah, good call, I am going to go on a bulking diet then, around 3000 calories or so and lift lift lift.

sublime99
10-01-2004, 07:44 AM
I will first start by saying look at your measurements if you want to grow you have to dedicate yourself to eating right and give up drinking for the most part. You will never grow or reach your goals if you give it a half ass try, you have to give it a whole hearted go at it and once you reach your goal then you can relax a little and have some brews. I am not saying it is not possible for you to do it the wayyou are going about it now i am just saying there is a good chance you will get un motivated to continue on with your progress and one chest night can roll right into the next day very easily.

Forearms 12.25, Biceps 14, Chest 40.5, Thighs - 24, Calves 16.5, Waist 36 - At Bellybutton, Neck 16.5

Regenvelc
10-01-2004, 10:09 AM
I am going to stick to my original plan and eat clean for 6 days and have saturdays as my cheat days.

Regenvelc
10-01-2004, 10:10 AM
But on my clean days I usually eat around 1300 - 1400 calories a day, should I up that to around 2000 calories a day(it is real easy for me to gain weight and I dont want to go too high).

Vido
10-01-2004, 11:11 AM
so are you cutting or bulking now? :confused:

ElPietro
10-01-2004, 11:12 AM
I stick to no more than 7 cheat days a week.

toughguywannabe
10-01-2004, 11:20 AM
this is how it goes ur either cutting or bulking u can't do both.. u either cut for a few months or bulk for a few months.. i think u should bulk first if ur new to bb.. once u have a good base it'll be a lot easier for u to cut off the remaining fat..

Regenvelc
10-01-2004, 11:24 AM
this is how it goes ur either cutting or bulking u can't do both.. u either cut for a few months or bulk for a few months.. i think u should bulk first if ur new to bb.. once u have a good base it'll be a lot easier for u to cut off the remaining fat..

That was what I was thinking, what kind of calories should I shoot for then?

Vido
10-01-2004, 11:29 AM
3000 seems a good starting point. Do that for a week or two and then adjust accordingly.

Regenvelc
10-01-2004, 11:45 AM
Thanks, but it is really easy for me to gain weight, is that a problem and I should eat less than 3000 or does it not matter?

Vido
10-01-2004, 12:05 PM
Actually, scrap what I said, sorry about that. How many calories are you currently eating? Take this number and begin adding 200-300/week. Just monitor what you look like and adjust accordingly. For someone your size though, 3000 calories really isn't that much, so I would make sure I was at least working up to this number, potentially higher.

Regenvelc
10-01-2004, 12:13 PM
I am currently eating around 1500 or so a day, most days it is mostly protein, but like yesterday I had a bagel at night so I had quite a few carbs also included(more than protein all day).

Vido
10-01-2004, 12:21 PM
Well, if you've been eating that number of calories for any appreciable amount of time, then your metabolism is probably working at a snail's pace. Slowly start adding calories like I suggested, so that your metabolism can get going again before you start really pounding back the food.

Regenvelc
10-01-2004, 02:45 PM
Yeah, I am going to eat 1800 next week then move up to around 2100 the following week, I dont want to eat too much over that because I can gain weight extremely quickly.

sublime99
10-02-2004, 08:22 AM
Listen there is no such thing as "I gain weight very easily" everyone has caloric requirments and for you to sustain the weight you are at you have to eat around 2200 if you want to bulk then you take lbm weight and multiply by around 15-20 calories per pound of lean body mass. You probably yo yo on your weight because you have unhealthy eating habits, like not eating breakfast, or only eating once a day on some days or eating alot after you drink.

You 70 inches tall at 194 your rmr is 2000 to 2200 depend on how you calculate it. so to maintain you have to eat around like i said 2200 to gain you eat 3to 5 hundred more calories to loose you eat 3to 500 hundred less add cardio and light weight training if you are not training for size. BUT the more you lift and the more lean body mass you but on th emore cals you burn . But you have to create a deficit in your calorie intake, so of you are going to be lifting or doing cardio and you want to bulk you have to eat more and for a cut keep it the same just add cardio.

Vido
10-02-2004, 11:28 AM
Listen there is no such thing as "I gain weight very easily" everyone has caloric requirments and for you to sustain the weight you are at you have to eat around 2200 if you want to bulk then you take lbm weight and multiply by around 15-20 calories per pound of lean body mass. You probably yo yo on your weight because you have unhealthy eating habits, like not eating breakfast, or only eating once a day on some days or eating alot after you drink.

You 70 inches tall at 194 your rmr is 2000 to 2200 depend on how you calculate it. so to maintain you have to eat around like i said 2200 to gain you eat 3to 5 hundred more calories to loose you eat 3to 500 hundred less add cardio and light weight training if you are not training for size. BUT the more you lift and the more lean body mass you but on th emore cals you burn . But you have to create a deficit in your calorie intake, so of you are going to be lifting or doing cardio and you want to bulk you have to eat more and for a cut keep it the same just add cardio.

You're completely ignorning metabolism, which happens to probably be the most important factor. Lots of guys around his size would dwindle away to nothing eating only 2200 calories, while others could probably gain a fair amount of fat eating the same amount.

Regenvelc
10-02-2004, 05:21 PM
You're completely ignorning metabolism, which happens to probably be the most important factor. Lots of guys around his size would dwindle away to nothing eating only 2200 calories, while others could probably gain a fair amount of fat eating the same amount.

Yeah it is extremely easy for me to gain weight as I said. So I have to slowly work up to that, I am going to eat around 1800 for 2 weeks, then move up to 2100 and stay around there because I dont feel comfortable eating much more than that. I have already lost 50 lbs and I dont want to gain that back.

GMCtrk
10-02-2004, 10:08 PM
No Cheat Days!