PDA

View Full Version : How does this meal plan look?

BigBody85
10-01-2004, 03:44 PM
For the past couple of months, ive been researching on the internet for good meal plans to use everday. I am mostly trying to loose weight (fat), im 6'1" @ 270. Just wondering if I could get some feedback on this meal plan ive been following for the past month:

8 am - 1 smoothie
1 Smoothie 120 cal 10g protien total
9 am - Workout
10:30 am - Egg white omlete (3 egg whites), glass of milk
3 egg whites 51 cals 12g protien total
8oz. Milk 100 cals 8g protien
1:30 pm - 2 turkey breast sandwiches on wheat bread
6 Slices of turkey breast 125 cals, 78g protien total
4 Slices of bread 160 cals, 16g protien total
4:30 pm - Snack (apple or banana)
7:30 pm - 1 can (6oz) of tuna
1 can Tuna 210 cals, 45g protien
10:30 pm - Smoothie
Smoothie 120 cals, 10g protien

Total Calories: 886
Total Protien: 189g

I'm new to this, so any and all suggestions are welcome. I also weight train 3 days a week, and do cardio 5 days a week for 30-40 minutes with this diet. Thanks.

geoffgarcia
10-01-2004, 03:54 PM
whats your body fat level? how long do you plan on dieting? what are your goals?
900 calories is ridiculously low. It would work if your over 35% bf, for about 3-8 weeks. Its borderline VLCD (very low calorie diet) they work, but only for so long.
Unfortunately they have a HUGE psychological drawback in that they erroneously lead overweight people to believe that cutting calories so drastically is the only way to lose weight, when in fact its the worst way and least likely to allow you lose weight once your under a more normal body fat level (like 25%)

Rather than try a fad diet or a goof diet like this, I recommend you study nutrition and dieting.

You could probably safely lose weight at 5x that amount of calories assuming your eating the right things and exercising.

no matter what you gotta take in at least 35g of fat a day.

BigBody85
10-01-2004, 04:12 PM
whats your body fat level? how long do you plan on dieting? what are your goals?
900 calories is ridiculously low. It would work if your over 35% bf, for about 3-8 weeks. Its borderline VLCD (very low calorie diet) they work, but only for so long.
Unfortunately they have a HUGE psychological drawback in that they erroneously lead overweight people to believe that cutting calories so drastically is the only way to lose weight, when in fact its the worst way and least likely to allow you lose weight once your under a more normal body fat level (like 25%)

Rather than try a fad diet or a goof diet like this, I recommend you study nutrition and dieting.

You could probably safely lose weight at 5x that amount of calories assuming your eating the right things and exercising.

no matter what you gotta take in at least 35g of fat a day.

I have no idea what my body fat level is. I plan on dieting for atleast a year, or untill I get to my desired weight (around 200-210). Personally I cant affored a fad diet, I was told I need to atleast consume 10-12x my body weight in calories a day, but I thought I could "jump start" my diet by starting off with low calories, guess I was wrong. Pretty much, my doctor told me if I didnt start loosing weight, this is when I was 310, that I could expect to start seeing heart problems in my late 20's. My parents have a history of high cholestorol, and diabeties(sp?), so I decided to try to get my weight down as fast as possible.

So does 2700 calories a day sound more around what I should be consuming a day? Like I said im new at this, and im just trying to get as much info as I can to loose weight as healthy as possible.

Frozenmoses
10-01-2004, 04:29 PM
Calories are WAY too low. You're setting yourself up for disappointment if you start that low.

Stray
10-01-2004, 05:32 PM
Start at around 2700 and adjust until you're losing around 1.5-2lb's a week.

I agree with the above - it's bascially starvation.

Some of my breakfasts alone have totaled over 900 calories. :)

Mission
10-01-2004, 06:08 PM
Eat well balanced. Don't just get your proteins and fruits.

If I were dieting and trying to lose weight and be healthy, my mealplan would go something like:

breakfast- bowl of cornflakes, glass of orange juice
snack- water bottle
lunch- turkey sandwitch with lettuce, water
snack- water bottle, handful of pretzels
dinner- pasta with meat sauce, green beans

Jabberwocky
10-01-2004, 09:58 PM
Yeah man, at your weight you can eat around 3600 calories and still lose weight.

I am right taking 2500 ish a day and my meal plan looks like this

Breakfast
Oats
Milk
Nuts
Rasins

Meal 2 Lunch
Tuna
Brown Rice
Cottage Cheese

Meal 3
Protein Shake X2 scoops
String cheese
nuts

Meal four
Tuna
Cottage Cheese

Meal five
Chicken Breast
2 servings of Lentils

I eat like bananas and grapes through out the day as well.

That sniz right thar will fill you up brother!

Also might check out mine or Big Bri's journals, we are all in a similar situation!

Vido
10-01-2004, 10:09 PM
Start at around 2700 and adjust until you're losing around 1.5-2lb's a week.

I agree with the above - it's bascially starvation.

Some of my breakfasts alone have totaled over 900 calories. :)

:withstupi

Vido
10-01-2004, 10:09 PM
Eat well balanced. Don't just get your proteins and fruits.

If I were dieting and trying to lose weight and be healthy, my mealplan would go something like:

breakfast- bowl of cornflakes, glass of orange juice
snack- water bottle
lunch- turkey sandwitch with lettuce, water
snack- water bottle, handful of pretzels
dinner- pasta with meat sauce, green beans

That diet would be great...if you didn't care about your muscle at all.

Mission
10-02-2004, 09:38 AM
That diet would be great...if you didn't care about your muscle at all.

Well yeah, I thought the guy was trying to lose weight.

Vido
10-02-2004, 11:30 AM
Well yeah, I thought the guy was trying to lose weight.

This is a bodybuilding board. People are trying to lose fat, not weight...big difference.

Shark
10-02-2004, 12:19 PM
Hey, at one point I was 6'3" 260 and there was very little muscle under that. When your body fat is that high its relativly easy to lose weight by making a few simple changes. First off, you need to start lifting weights regularly. It will make a huge difference as you are burning calories and buidling musle which helps to burn calories. As far as cardio is concerned, most people will say not to do so much cardio as it hinders muscle gain but honestly when i was that fat i don't think it mattered and I don't think it matters for you. Do 20-30 minutes 4-5 days a week and eat around 2700-3000 cals a day. Make sure you're eating clean foods. Lean meats: chicken, fish, turkey, lean hamburger. Eat lots of veggies (non-starchy) like anything in a salad. Eat wheat bread instead of white, brown rice instead of white, yams instead of potatoes, try not to eat too much pasta. Over time the weight will really melt off.

PM if you need more help. I have a couple sample diets I can send you.