PDA

View Full Version : What does your diet look like?

NYMets Fan
10-01-2004, 05:27 PM
I've been trying to eat as best as I can for the past week now. I even started a Fitday (http://fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=seib3184) account to keep track of everything. As best as I try, I'm still eating mostly fat. I was hoping you guys could look at what I'm eating and then post what you eat during the day.

Today:
9AM - small portion of scrambled eggs, 1 segment of a grapefruit, a small biscuit w/ gravy*, and water
11AM - 3 small chicken wings w/o skin, a few strawberries, and water.
11:30AM - Lifted
12:45PM - Protein shake
3PM - Powerbar
5:30PM - pasta w/ meat sauce and a glass of iced tea
7:30PM - a medium sized apple

Thats about it. Today was the first day that my breakfast was something other then eggs & fruit. *I only splurged because I kept reading about cheat-days and its my favorite food. It might seem like a lot of unhealthy food but its significantly less then what I used to eat. I gave as an example in another topic what I used to eat for breakfast: 2 fried eggs, bacon, cheese, and potatoes on a bagel washed down with a Snapple. I'm working hard to eat less and I haven't been hungry but my diet is mostly fat.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

HahnB
10-01-2004, 05:29 PM
What are your goals and stats? ARe you trying to add mass, or slim down?

Stray
10-01-2004, 05:46 PM
There's a whole Diet forum on stuff like this..

I'd clean up the diet some by dropping the biscuits and gravy,powerbar (too much sugar) and chicken wings and include more clean foods with emphasis on protein and complex carbs.

There's numerous good nutrition articles on the main site:

http://www.wannabebig.com/archive.php?catid=2

Don't compare your current diet in relation to how it USED to be....compare it to what it CAN be.

RBC13
10-01-2004, 07:26 PM
After a year of studying nutrition here is my diet: http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=RBC13

I eat at 6:10,9:20,11:30,1:30,5:00,8:00

Rik-s
10-01-2004, 10:32 PM
Breakfast :- Creatine, L-glutamine/protien shake 2 x wholemeal bread with peanut butter + apple

Snak :- Muller lf yogurt + banana/apple + half sandwitch (full fat cheese and ham or tuna mayox 1 can) + lf biscuit

Lunch :- ful sandwhich +Lf biscuit

Snak :- Muller lf yogurt + banana/apple + half sandwitch (full fat cheese and ham or tuna mayo) + lf biscuit

Snak :- Muller lf yogurt + banana/apple + half sandwitch (full fat cheese and ham or tuna mayo) + lf biscuit, pre workout snak+ protien shake

Main meal (post wo) :- Creatine, L-glutamine/protien, 200g of chicken with some carbs....<<varries but generally go for tuna or chicken with a **** load of carbs + some nice fats :D

Bed ; + protein shake / 1 slice peanutt butter toast b4 bed, washed down with some ZMA

P.s: Im sorta bulking so at the moment i dont bother to much with specifics :)

HahnB
10-01-2004, 11:21 PM
My diet varies daily depending on what foods I eat, but this was the routine today..

Shake: 3 scoops whey, 2 tbsp peanut butter, 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp flax oil, 4 cups milk

3 Chicken Legs w/skin, 2 pieces of bread w/butter

Shake: 3 scoops whey, 1 tbsp peanut butter, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp flax oil, 1/2 cup oats, 3 cups milk

workout

Shake: 2 scoops whey, tbsp peanut butter, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp flax oil, 1/2 cup oats, bananna,3 cups milk

Rack of Damons ribs, garlic biscuit

2 scoops of whey before bed with peanut butter and milk added

A little over a gallon of water throughout the day. I usually eat 5-7 meals a day, depending on what I eat that day. I would estimate anywhere from 4000-5000 calories for today. Hard to say how many calories are in a rack of ribs, or the chicken legs. I need to include a few more vegtables, but other than that it's working pretty well for me.

Feminator
10-02-2004, 09:27 AM
I don't have any specific foods, I just try for around 1900-2100 calories a day, 40% from protein and the rest around half-way between fat and carbs. I also try for 25-30g of fibre, but it doesn't always work out depending on what I'm eating. I'd go mad eating exactly the same stuff every day.

I don't use Fitday, I just add it up in a simple Excel spreadsheet.

Feminator
10-02-2004, 09:29 AM
Hey nymets, I had a look at your fitday thing, looks alright, but you might want to increase the protein a touch. say to 170g a day.

Ironman_1964
10-02-2004, 09:46 AM
Meals

Myoplex / Protein 42 grams / Fat 3grams / Carbohydrates 23 grams / Calories 270

White Tuna / Protein 75 grams / Fat 5 grams /Calories 350
Brown Rice / Protein 3 grams / Fat 5 grams / Carbohydrates 29 grams /
Calories 140

Almonds 100grams / Protein 21grams / Fats 50grams / Carbohydrates 19 grams / Calories 578

Chicken Breast 75 grams / Protein 23 grams / 2 grams / Carbohydrates 0 / Calories 124

Chicken Breast 150 grams / 47 grams / 5 grams / Calories 248

1 table spoon Flax Seed Oil / Fat 14 grams / Calories 130

ryuage
10-02-2004, 10:18 AM
yesterday... hrmm

oatmeal with some whey
sushi pieces for lunch
dinner chinese buffet
snack after buffet :) 3 slices cpk pizza
dessert = cold stones

Max-Mex
10-02-2004, 10:42 AM
I don't have a set menu everyday. I have enough knowledge now that I can pretty tell how calories are in any meal. I track everything and I try to stay away from bad foods (junk, high saturated fat, high sugar). So far this has worked for me and I never feel like I'm missing out on anything.