PDA

View Full Version : Question about working deep nights and dietary concerns

rray
10-02-2004, 08:33 PM
I am by definition a hardgainer. My problem i suspect is that i dont eat a normal daily diet because i dont live like a typical person. I work all night and sleep throughout most of the day. So i have breakfast usually around lunch time and so on. It's very difficult to prepare a good lunch/dinner for work that i can take with me and eat. I also find that i snack consistently throughout the night. (junk food) My day goes like this. Up by noonish; no breakfast because i simply dont crave it at "lunch time". I have a stacked sandwich, chips, pickle, glass of milk. Have a homemade whey shake around 3p and off to work at 5p scrambling to decide what im going to do for food for my workday. Anybody else struggle with this?

CiteCollegiale
10-02-2004, 08:42 PM
There's always a way if you want it bad enough

Vido
10-02-2004, 08:43 PM
You already know your problem, so fix it. You're not going to grow if you don't eat...pretty simple.

Beavereater
10-02-2004, 10:20 PM
I know what you mean...I work almost the same and it can be pretty rough at first, but all you have to do is look at it a different way. Your cycle is off a regular persons cycle by about 5 or 6 hours...so just prepare and eat like that. By this I mean, on your way home from work, get the stuff you need for the next day. Prepare it the night before, or when you get up around noonish. Ya might think it's hard, but it becomes routine. I do it...I get home around midnight and on my way home I stop at the store and get what I need. Cook it all up, have that for dinner, and then leave half for the next day.

Max-Mex
10-03-2004, 06:15 AM
My day goes like this. Up by noonish; no breakfast because i simply dont crave it at "lunch time".

So what if you aren't hungry? Make a shake and shove that sucker down your throat. Not eating when you wake up, whether it's morning, noon, or midnight is just a bad idea. You body needs the food.

I have a stacked sandwich, chips, pickle, glass of milk.

That's it? No wonder you don't gain weight.

Have a homemade whey shake around 3p and off to work at 5p scrambling to decide what im going to do for food for my workday. Anybody else struggle with this?

You really need to concentrate on the diet before work. During work can be solved just by getting high calorie foods.

meltedtime
10-03-2004, 08:29 AM
I work a three shift rotation. MAD (midnights, afternoons, days). I prepare three meals for every shift regardless of which one I'm on and I eat at scheduled breaks wether I'm hungry or not. Late night shifts can screw with your appetite and digestive tract but you still need to eat.

You definitely need to eat when you wake up. Choke down a shake, a bowl of cereal or a couple of yogurts. Your body needs the fuel when you wake up. Make and bring your lunch. Preplan and don't scramble around at the last minute.

melt