PDA

View Full Version : bulk/cut question

fixationdarknes
10-03-2004, 12:29 AM
I'm 14 years old, 5' 5", 138 lbs, 15% BF. Should I bulk right now? And at what weight do you think I should start cutting? Also, once I finish the cut phase, what happens after that? Do I just start another bulk? And is it always best to bulk first? Does anyone cut first and then bulk later?

I've been working out on and off for a couple of months now. I haven't been following any strict diet or anything. I just work out and then I eat whatever I want. I think I gained a little muscle, and lost a little fat. Because I got stronger and am a little bigger, yet I still weigh the same.

Vido
10-03-2004, 12:59 AM
Technically, you should cut first. It doesn't mean you have to get into competition-shape, but at least have some abs showing before you start to bulk. The reason for this is that you will inevitably gain some fat on your bulk, and you never want to be in a position where your bodyfat % is out of control.

I'd say this applies to more intermediate level bodybuilders though. If you're just starting out, then it's the one time that you have a good chance of building muscle and losing fat at the same time.

fixationdarknes
10-03-2004, 01:00 AM
Alright, teach me how to cut. What do I have to do?

Wait, if I eat less, won't it not promote growth? Like, height-wise? I don't wanna be short forever. I wanna grow.

Vido
10-03-2004, 01:02 AM
Read the diet section or find some people that are cutting and look at their journals.

hooligan_media
10-03-2004, 06:11 AM
Listen to Vido. I made the mistake of bulking first when i still was a lil chubby. I shoulda went cut route, but noooooooo Mr. I want Big Guns now had to go ahead with his freakin 4000 cal diet.