PDA

View Full Version : how effective is cardio on an empty stomach?

Shad
10-03-2004, 12:30 PM
ive read about cardio on an empyt stomach:

ive read that it puts you in a catabolic state

some say it burns fat faster,

ive heard alot, any solid facts i can rely on?

thanks

BaamIce
10-03-2004, 08:10 PM
puts you in a catabolic state. if youre on an empty stomach you are already in a catabolic state. About the burning more fat im not too sure.

Shad
10-04-2004, 01:16 PM
k thanks already got the response in another thread

fixationdarknes
10-04-2004, 07:26 PM
I doubt it burns more fat. Because when you eat meals, your metabolism goes up. And when you don't eat, your metabolism stays low, so you're not burning very much fat. That's why it's important to get a good breakfast. It gets you started for the day.

Shad
10-05-2004, 12:55 PM
I already made sence of it thanks,

all it does it use the fat stores instead of whats in your intestines, but the food you later consume will msot likely replace that fat.

also it burns muscle, a high intensity cardio ends burning alot of protien, which will be coming from your muscle.

catabolic state in general. Burns lots of muscle and glycomeds get depleted quicker since there will be no replnishment..

thanks for the input though

Vapour Trails
10-05-2004, 02:38 PM
ive read that it puts you in a catabolic state

some say it burns fat faster,

Note: Catabolic metabolism does not refer just to the utilization of muscle tissue for energy. Catabolism means the break down of any macro molecule, wether it be protein, fat or carbohydrate (glycogen for instance). When you burn fat, you are in a catabolic state.