PDA

View Full Version : Cutting experts READ

dualman7
10-04-2004, 02:56 PM
I have been cuttung for about 2 months. I had cut out all the bad carbs, soda and etc. I have lost about 20 pounds of fat. I'd love to lose more, but lately it's not coming off. Anyway, should I stop cutting for a week or two? Not really sure how this works. Should I just keep doing this "diet" which consists of mostly meat/chicken/protein shakes/ and most of myc arbs came from fruit. Or is a break recommended?

Vido
10-04-2004, 02:59 PM
How many calories did you start your diet at? How many are you eating now?

dualman7
10-04-2004, 03:46 PM
about 2400. Used to eat about the same, just in three meals instead of 5-6.

geoffgarcia
10-04-2004, 03:52 PM
dual, what your experiencing is very typical.

Most people can only lose weight for about 8-12 weeks before leptin and metabolic levels drop and weight loss is no longer possible. Your choices are to either lower calories, burn more calories by doing more exercise, or prime your metabolism/leptin levels by boosting calories.

You can increase the duration of your cuts by dabbling in refeeds, carb cycling, leptin boosters and other metabolic/leptin enhancing products.

Its a very broad subject but there is plenty of info out there on these subjects.
I recommend a break from your diet for 4-6 weeks where you should try to raise your calorie levels nice and slowly so that after 6 weeks your slightly above maintenance. This will prime your system for another cut where you can experiment with some of the more advanced techniques.

Frozenmoses
10-04-2004, 04:03 PM
Would it be too late for him to incorporate refeeds? It sounds to me he'd rather keep losing weight rather than upping cals for an extended period of time and starting again.

geoffgarcia
10-04-2004, 04:35 PM
Would it be too late for him to incorporate refeeds? It sounds to me he'd rather keep losing weight rather than upping cals for an extended period of time and starting again.yes its to late to start doing carb cycling or refeeds. They need to be planned out and executed from day 1.

If all we had to do was lower calories to lose bodyfat we'd have a LOT more fit people. Rather we have a ton of obese people that never figure it out, and a ton of skinny people that lower and lower and lower their calories (aka anorexia)

Just because you raise your calories doesn't mean you'll gain much weight.
Just raise them slowly and controlled and this should give you a good amount of time to read up on leptin/metabolism. Avant Labs forum has some great articles on it, also there is the UD2 diet and a few others which can all be successful with proper planning and tracking

Vido
10-04-2004, 05:28 PM
about 2400. Used to eat about the same, just in three meals instead of 5-6.

So you haven't lowered calories in 2 months? Of course, you're not going to lose anymore weight.