PDA

View Full Version : 259@18-19% vs. 243@13%

JSully
10-04-2004, 08:46 PM
Well, my 6 week dieting marker has hit, and I decided to take some pictures. First I'll post the old ones then I'll post the newer ones. I would really appreciate any comments good OR bad. Tell me if my posing is off, how my leaning out is doing and so forth. Also could you take a guess as to what my bf% is? I got it measured last week when I was carb depleted and dehydrated from glycogen depletion and the guy told me 12.5% via caliper. He also grabs quite a bit of skin and squeezes it to get the most accurate. But I want you guys' opinions anyways. I'm also switching my diet. I'm tired of doing those full body workouts 4 times a week. I was on the UD2 and I'll tell you it works but I spend SO much time in the gym its ridiculous. I dont have a life outside of it because the gym takes up so much time. So I'm switching back to my old workout with low carbs mon-fri then mediocre saturday and sunday. Combined with a good 45-60mins of cardio a day after my workout will be ideal. (I'm a endomorph so its terribly hard for me to lose weight hence all the cardio and extreme dieting). If anyone wants to know my new diet I'll post it, just ask. But right now all I'm looking for is feedback on my progress.

Again, any comments, good OR bad are greatly appreciated!! Tear me up with criticism!

Here's all the old first:

JSully
10-04-2004, 08:47 PM
More old:

JSully
10-04-2004, 08:48 PM
OK, here's the new ones, let me have it!!

JSully
10-04-2004, 08:49 PM
The rest of the new pics:

Frozenmoses
10-04-2004, 09:09 PM
Your arms are crazy awesome. You have definitely leaned out. Your new lat spread looks VERY awesome, as well. How low you plan on dieting down?

Den Fisher
10-04-2004, 09:15 PM
More like BigJake

Great pics, after pics look super.

Good job! :thumbup:

chris mason
10-04-2004, 09:16 PM
You have definitely gotten leaner!

Where do you train? I will be coming to Phoenix sometime in late Nov. or early December. Maybe we could get together and train.

JSully
10-04-2004, 09:18 PM
Your arms are crazy awesome. You have definitely leaned out. Your new lat spread looks VERY awesome, as well. How low you plan on dieting down?

8% by HOPEFULLY mid november!

Den Fisher
10-04-2004, 09:20 PM
I thought of chris as soon as I saw that reare lat spread.

JSully
10-04-2004, 09:21 PM
You have definitely gotten leaner!

Where do you train? I will be coming to Phoenix sometime in late Nov. or early December. Maybe we could get together and train.

I train @ 24 Hour Fitness, when you get here or a week before you get here... let me know and I'll give you my phone # so we can get together. I'll probably be able to get ya in there for a little while for free as well. That'd be awesome man, even though you'd demolish me on all my lifts. LOL

Jabberwocky
10-04-2004, 09:32 PM
Nice pics, awesome progress, you are definately a monster.

geoffgarcia
10-04-2004, 09:35 PM
good progress!
If I were to guess I'd put you a bit higher than 12% though. I'm thinking 15-17 on the bf range.

I think your shoulders, forearms and tricep are your strength
I think your weak spots are calves

next time try to get better lighting to accentuate your cuts. General bright light + flash tend to wash things out. Overhead lighting is good as is having a cam VERY close to you so there isn't background light for it to lose perspective on.

BigNic
10-04-2004, 09:35 PM
you look awesome man. The kinda build that i aim for. If you brought up your chest and legs some youd be ridiculous. Good work

GMCtrk
10-04-2004, 09:50 PM
umm you should change your name to "bigoaf" immediately!

JSully
10-04-2004, 09:52 PM
you look awesome man. The kinda build that i aim for. If you brought up your chest and legs some youd be ridiculous. Good work

Funny, my chest seems to not want to get any bigger, but I also hold alot of fat on the sides so that probably doesn't help any. I am benching 405 so I must be doing something right. As far as my legs, I already hafta buy larger jeans so they'll fit right, and I'm squatting 500 for 4 reps right now too. But yeah, I agree I definately need a bigger chest and all I want is more cuts. More cuts more cuts more cuts dammit!! lol I want to keep slowly dropping until I get to 8% then do a super slow bulk so as to not add much more fat, so that it's easier getting cut again.

next time try to get better lighting to accentuate your cuts. General bright light + flash tend to wash things out. Overhead lighting is good as is having a cam VERY close to you so there isn't background light for it to lose perspective on.

How should I get that perfect lighting? I don't have a digital cam, just a regular 35mm. Should I have turned the flash off for those? I tried taking a few pics of me working out doing some exercises and I had the flash off for those because the lighting was really good but they turned out HORRIBLE and you cant see anything. What do you think?

geoffgarcia
10-04-2004, 10:02 PM
ahhh! 35mm's are tough, sorry no advice with those! digital cams are so easy, I just click a few with a certain setting then change the setting and click a few more and see which looks better.

Southern Beast
10-05-2004, 12:52 AM
How tall are you? You're huge.

SalahG
10-05-2004, 01:02 AM
Nice cut man. Just don't get too small, cause in football, you'll get pushed around if you get tee tiny :)

JSully
10-05-2004, 01:56 AM
I'm 6'0 240lbs today after doing all my cardio and starting the depletion of my carbs. I want to get down to 225-ish or so ... whatever I can be between 6-8%bf. Then once I get that low I'll do a slow bulk and gain another 10-15 lbs over 3-6 months.

iLUDEd
10-05-2004, 02:50 AM
lookin big dude. bodyfat% wise id say about 16%

mattburns
10-05-2004, 06:47 AM
looking great :thumbup:

i reckon the reason why your chest and calves dont look as big is the fact your so huge every where else lol.

good job

chris mason
10-05-2004, 11:02 AM
I wouldn't be demolishing you in any of your lifts!

In any event, I will let you know when I am coming.

Hickory
10-06-2004, 09:01 PM
damn you have got some massive wings, nice job :)

fixationdarknes
10-06-2004, 09:16 PM
Dood, I agree- I thought of chris as soon as I saw the lats also. Dang, what kind of lat exercises you do?

JSully
10-06-2004, 10:28 PM
Dood, I agree- I thought of chris as soon as I saw the lats also. Dang, what kind of lat exercises you do?

Funny. I hate working my back. But I do tons of Pullups and Hammerstrength Low Rows & Hi Rows. As well as BB Bent-over rows and Deadlifts. I dislike back almost as much as I dislike legs but I do them both anyways.

fixationdarknes
10-06-2004, 11:07 PM
Funny. I hate working my back. But I do tons of Pullups and Hammerstrength Low Rows & Hi Rows. As well as BB Bent-over rows and Deadlifts. I dislike back almost as much as I dislike legs but I do them both anyways.

What's Hammerstrength?

And when doing pullups, do you do them overhand (palms facing away) ?

JSully
10-07-2004, 01:52 AM
What's Hammerstrength?

And when doing pullups, do you do them overhand (palms facing away) ?

Hammerstrength are machines.

And when I do pullups I do them overhand. Sometimes with weight if it's my heavy day, with a fairly wide grip.

savdout209
10-10-2004, 02:24 AM

i second that..not the aiming for your build part..i could never get that big :cry: you're a ****ing monster bro..but your chest and calves look tiny in comparison..
:hide:

Rastaman
10-10-2004, 03:09 PM
Rear double bicep looks insane Jake. Very impressive. :strong:

JSully
10-12-2004, 06:25 PM
OK everyone, I gotta work on chest and calves. Now, any suggestions for a good chest and calves workout? Calves just plain won't grow, I've tried everything. As far as my chest, I thought I had good size, but apparently not. Thanks for the criticism everybody. It's strange how my strength multiplies on a bulk cycle but my chest won't grow. I can manage 80lb DB Flyes strict (6-8 reps) and 405lb bench (max) [365x4 (reps)]. Anyways, back to the main question, anyone gotta good chest workout for some decent growth?

If you'll check the WBB routines forum board I've been looking for a good periodization program so if anyone knows where I can find one it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for everyone's replies.

JTyrell710
10-12-2004, 07:02 PM
arms and lats are amazing, like den said- first thing that came to mind was 'the masonator'. but chest an legs.. first thing that came to mind was puny. Your a big guy- and your chest simply does not come close to sizing up with the rest of you.

get on that i/f/d(maybe widegrip if ur into that sorta thing) bench an flys..

JSully
10-12-2004, 11:36 PM
arms and lats are amazing, like den said- first thing that came to mind was 'the masonator'. but chest an legs.. first thing that came to mind was puny. Your a big guy- and your chest simply does not come close to sizing up with the rest of you.

get on that i/f/d(maybe widegrip if ur into that sorta thing) bench an flys..

i/f/d???

What's that?

Jezmason
10-14-2004, 09:49 AM
Looking good bro. Why dontcha try rep targetting for calves, completely owns them, and hurts like hell, y'know, start with a weight you can do 15 with(and NO more) rest till the burning go's away(about 7 seconds) do about 8 more(shouldnt be able to do more than 8), rest again and repeat till you hit about 80 reps.

JSully
10-18-2004, 12:02 AM
Looking good bro. Why dontcha try rep targetting for calves, completely owns them, and hurts like hell, y'know, start with a weight you can do 15 with(and NO more) rest till the burning go's away(about 7 seconds) do about 8 more(shouldnt be able to do more than 8), rest again and repeat till you hit about 80 reps.

I tried this yesterday and cried like a school girl getting her period in the shower after gym class. :(

Jezmason
10-18-2004, 06:42 AM
Feels good eh' hombre? Mwahahaha

JSully
10-18-2004, 08:18 PM
Still sore :cry:

Jezmason
10-19-2004, 02:48 AM
I told you about this ages ago but no, no-one listens to uncle Jez

JSully
10-20-2004, 09:37 PM
unc unc anything else you want to tell me...

smartass! lol

Jezmason
10-21-2004, 06:15 AM
Yeah, your a bitch! mwahaha. Your only supposed to do that workout once a week, i shoulda mentioned that.

Relentless
10-21-2004, 08:04 AM
Yeah, your a bitch! mwahaha. Your only supposed to do that workout once a week, i shoulda mentioned that.

that rest-pause thing sounds totally like doggcrapp's workout

I hit calves twice a week with rest-pause... it's doable 2x a week for sure.

Jezmason
10-21-2004, 09:21 AM
I cant remember who suggested it to me, i think it was Geoffgarcia, but it's damn good.

Turboboy
10-23-2004, 08:50 AM
Wow, dude you look like a completely different person! Awesome work!

JSully
10-23-2004, 02:16 PM
Thanks, Turboboy, and I'm looking way more shredded now. I've lost another 5lbs, well 10 if you include water weight, and I have another week before I carb load so I should lose another 2-3lbs.