PDA

View Full Version : Burn Fat/Gain Muscle Diet

CanadianBad
10-05-2004, 12:58 PM
most of you proboly want to shoot me after asking this

:shoot:

but Other then ketosis, Their has to be a nutrition plan to follow for me to get the results I want. IM sitting at about 210lbs, on a 6'2 frame. I worked out fairly well in the past my "prime" being about a year and a half ago I was about 190lbs with little fat. Now however I dont consider myself "fat" in any aspect and nobody would consider me that either, but I want to get back to my shape at 190lbs. Now I know the 2 options, lose weight and tone, or bulk up. However I want to go down to 190 and keep my muscles that I have while growing a couple muscles I have never really focused on (Back, neck, lats). Now Im thinking a high protien, low carb/sugar/fat diet. However I do not want to invest in protien powder ect.

The way my schedule is set up is i have 3 days off a week, and the 4 days i work I day bartend, so I can easily manage my diet. IM thinking of getting a weight watchers book and logging my food for everyday and make sure that I am following my diet. While doing that for my diet, have a routine of the gym to run (10-20 minutes) and a medium weight lifting routine 2-4 days a week. However im still skeptical, does anybody know
(a) where to get a weight watchers booklet
(b) if this plan of action will work, and any advice on it.

Please dont feel the need to be brief, I mean it is a fitness site, so dont be afraid to bust out the big words....

Thanx guys
:thumbup:

galileo
10-05-2004, 01:04 PM
Ketosis does not burn fat and add muscle. As a complete beginner or someone recovering from a layoff, it is possible to do something similar, but it is all too brief.

Weight watchers is for the obese. I think you need something better than points as a weight trainer.

First, try a basic caloric deficit. Go to wannabebig.com and read the articles on a basic cut. A simple approach should do you fine - 12 * bw calories, isocaloric (33% each macro). That will assure that you're getting 1g/lb protein and enough carbs to be content.

Try one of the WBB routines to start off. Instead of running 10-20 minutes, perform interval cardio (search for HIIT).

When starting off, stick to the basics - which can all be found on these forums and the parent site. Good luck!

CanadianBad
10-05-2004, 01:13 PM
Where can I find these WBB routines?

geoffgarcia
10-05-2004, 01:20 PM
Where can I find these WBB routines?
under the board called WBB Routines
here:http://www.wannabebigforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41

CanadianBad
10-05-2004, 01:24 PM
thank you!

CanadianBad
10-05-2004, 01:33 PM
Still looking for more advice diet wise?

geoffgarcia
10-05-2004, 01:50 PM
I do not want to invest in protien powderwhy not? you realize its just food right? we all need food... protein powders are natural and not synthetic

Im thinking of getting a weight watchers book and logging my food for everyday and make sure that I am following my diet.

While doing that for my diet, have a routine of the gym to run (10-20 minutes) and a medium weight lifting routine 2-4 days a week.
(a) where to get a weight watchers booklet
(b) if this plan of action will work, and any advice on itI wouldn't jump on any of these fad diets like weight watchers, south beach, atkins, etc
weight gain/loss is about calories, leptin and metabolism levels. Become familiar with these and you'll learn how to lower your weight.
In the meantime I recommend you start tracking your diet on a tool such as dietorganizer.com or fitday.com

CanadianBad
10-05-2004, 07:45 PM
40 bucks for that thing... thats not worth it...

anyone know where to get one for free?

Vido
10-05-2004, 08:17 PM
40 bucks for that thing... thats not worth it...

anyone know where to get one for free?

Yeah, take a piece of paper and a pencil and write down whatever you eat. That's what I do, I don't see how any computer tools are necessary.

wrestlemaniac
10-05-2004, 09:21 PM
I think if you count calories and picked a specific number and stick with it you could possibly squeeze your skin thinner and thinner while stretching it across the muscles growing into your diet. It would be a slow process though.

geoffgarcia
10-05-2004, 09:42 PM
Yeah, take a piece of paper and a pencil and write down whatever you eat. That's what I do, I don't see how any computer tools are necessary.to each their own.
They aren't necessary, but cutting and pasting is a hell-uva-lot easier than having to write and do math ;)

I'm a computer programmer and my dream job would be to be a database application designer or statistician. I love data and following trends and statistical analysis. I can't conceive of using a pen and pencil to track any type of trends.

Vido
10-05-2004, 10:04 PM
I can't conceive of using a pen and pencil to track any type of trends.

I definitely agree with you if you're needing that type of detail. I just don't think the majority of people do.