PDA

View Full Version : First Cut

matrix5089
10-05-2004, 09:31 PM
Im Doing My First Cut I Started Bulking About 10 Months Ago Ive Gone From 5'10" 152 To 205 Pounds 13.6% Body Fat. I Was Just Wondering What You Guys Cutting Are Doing For Carbs I Was Figuring About 250g I Was Doing 600g Whats Everyone Else Doing?

Vido
10-05-2004, 10:16 PM
That's way too big an initial drop. Keeping protein and fat constant, that's a 1400 calorie drop all at once. Chances are you'll see a huge decrease in energy if you do this.

Alke
10-05-2004, 10:47 PM
my first cut I was over zealous in dropping carbs myself. ALl this does is give you a gigantic headache and you'll feel like your dying of starvation, thats if you stick to the drastic drop in carbs.

just weigh yourself once a week and cut carbs slow, only lose a pound or two a week.

if you find your energy dropping, get your hands on spree candy or some maltodextrin or dextrose and take 1/4 your bodyweight pre-workout or during the workout, or after workout...differetn people take it differetn times.

you can even mix malto dextrose and dextrose to refine the insulen spike. dextrose gives you a bigger spike than maltodextrose....maltodextros alone gives a lower spike.

I got ahead of myself = if you drop carbs slow enough you shouldnt experience an energy drop for quite a while into the cut....you be fine cutting 50-100 grams of carbs out of the day each week to lose weight slow enough to keep lean body mass.

my third time cutting (first successful cut) on the last 5 days I was only getting 50 grams of carbs a day, this was after 12 weeks of slowly lowering them and monitiring calrories very close. week one I was eating 4600 calories and ended up eating 2200 calories by week 12 and most of that was fats and protein, then two days of carb loading to see how I responded, everything is a learning experience.

since this is your first cut my advice is to go slow, check you weight each week (losing a pound a week), keep vitamin C high, get your multi, keep flax oils and salmon tuna a BIG part of the cut, monitor your re-feeds (once a week is normal, I go 2-3 times a week on refeeds depending on which week I am in while cutting)

dont get scared if you see different muscle groups losing some size...focus on burning the fat and take pictures = the best way to see the details coming out in a cut. Sometimes it is dismaying to see yourself getting smaller while cutting, espiecially the first cut, and pictures let you see the cuts and hard muscle better. looking in the mirror everyday is VERY deceptive.

dont expect to get it right the first time...learn from it, so after your next bulk you really dial it in, and each time you get bigger and more cut = it is an awesome feeling :D

matrix5089
10-06-2004, 11:15 AM
ok so i should try higher carbs at first and slowly lower them, i am still planning on doing two high carb days in there also. ive never had a problem losing weight even eating right and doing it ive had more problems trying to put it on so i dont want to loose too much too quick and loose muscle

Vido
10-06-2004, 11:29 AM
If you're only lowering carbs 50-100g/week, you're not going to need any "high" carb days for a while. In your first week, you will still be eating 500-550g/week...that's pretty damn high already.