PDA

View Full Version : Tracking calories: What method to you use?

Mr Joshua
10-06-2004, 03:14 PM
I want to start tracking my calorie intake to start on a bulking then cutting routine.

What method to you guys use? Are there any recommended websites out there for counting calories? Do you use a notebook?

What do you do when you go out to eat; do you guesstimate?

And what about bodyfat calipers. I know that they're not entirely accurate but do you measure weekly, daily, monthly, etc...?

Thanks in advance.

Mr. J

Frozenmoses
10-06-2004, 03:23 PM
www.fitday.com

geoffgarcia
10-06-2004, 03:30 PM
the more data you collect the better.
whether that be caliper pinch data, measuring your weight, tracking your calories, etc.

the more serious you are about getting results the more serious your effort to track these things should be, especially in terms of eating things that your unfamiliar with (eating out)

AzBboy
10-06-2004, 04:01 PM
go to the diet and nutrition article section on the front page, then search for the dieting basics article, on the second page of the diet and nutrition article section. give that a read, it'll tell you how to figure out how much cals u should be eating to gain/lose weight. it is gonna take some math, so be prepared. i used the formula and have since had awesome weightgains, it is an excellent formula.

txterry
10-06-2004, 11:01 PM
I use a program on a Palmpilot (handheld PDA) that syncs to a desktop program on my PC as well. Its has a database of thousands on foods and their nutritional values. Also keeps track of your BMR, weight, and activity. No guessing involved. The PDA allows me to not miss any food I consume since I have it with me most all the time.

If you set a goal (lose 15 lbs by December 30) the software will tell you how how many calories you can consume a day based on how many you burn. Entries take seconds, and weekly and monthly histograms are available.

Teh BDK
10-07-2004, 12:37 AM
Notepad. One page per day.

Ironman_1964
10-12-2004, 11:35 AM
I use a scale for the food and a tape measure for my measurements.

Max-Mex
10-12-2004, 12:54 PM
I use a program called DietPower. That and my trusty food scale.