PDA

View Full Version : Cutting and Matintaing Weight

Draven_Fenix
10-06-2004, 04:33 PM
Hey all. I just had a few questions about cutting. I have been bulking for a while now on about a 4500 cal a day diet(more or less). I am about ready to start cutting cuz even though I wanna get bigger, I don't want this gut I am starting to form. Anyhoo, I wanted to know the best way to cut w/o losing any size as far as my muscles go. I put in the time to get em and I got em and I'm a little chunkier then when I started. Now I want to get ripped and still have the same volume of muscle. How many cals a day should I eat if I am lifting w/ high reps and enough weight to be tired as well as cardio 3-5 times a week. Please lemme know.

Max-Mex
10-06-2004, 04:40 PM
Best do to a slow cut. The faster the cut, the more likely you will lose muscle as well. I try not to lose more than a pound a week. Takes a long time but I feel I have kept a good amount of muscle and lost quite a bit of fat (strength has remained the same or gotten better). I've lost 23 lbs since June 1st.

Vido
10-06-2004, 06:06 PM
If you haven't been doing any cardio, just throwing that into the mix will probably lean you out a bit, keeping everything else constant.

Draven_Fenix
10-06-2004, 07:37 PM
If I do cardio, won't I have to eat more... I do a lot of physical activity besides lifting. I need all the energy I can get or I burn out. I am a construction worker and I take Karate twice a week(intense karate)

Vido
10-06-2004, 07:58 PM
I thought you were trying to cut. Keeping your calories how they are for your bulk, but adding cardio to the mix, should put you at a total caloric level that allows you to lose fat.