PDA

View Full Version : I need help

MaN BoObES
10-06-2004, 10:06 PM
Ok since starting my new job at a police department doing dispatching i've put on some weight. Its a sit on your ass type job for 9 hours. There's really no reason to get up unless your going to the bathroom. Ontop of that we dont eat the best of foods working the midnight shifts. Our options are 2 diners, mcd's, white castle. There is nothing open during my shift (1030-0630am) to eat healthy. So its usually the same dam thing everyday, friggin diner burgers. My old job we had whatever we can order. So the food always was changing. And I was on my feet all day too.

But now im getting more self concious. My gut is getting bigger, my hips are huge, my man boobes friggin suck. I can't wear what I wanna wear, and it just sucks period.

Im 24, weigh between 225-232, 6' tall.

I need help finding a diet that can help me maintain and if possible loose some weight. I just started taking trex to help a bit and i need to hit the gym also.

Can anyone recommend something for me?

Jabberwocky
10-06-2004, 10:09 PM
pack your supper?

MaN BoObES
10-06-2004, 10:33 PM
What can I eat that isn't bad for you at such a late time of night? My diet consists of like only eating beef and pasta.

_-_v_-_
10-06-2004, 10:47 PM
Time is irrelevant.

If the meal is good, the meal is good, regardless of when it's eaten.

MaN BoObES
10-06-2004, 11:46 PM
ok so if time is not an issue. What can I eat that is good to eat but will not sit and just build up on my body?

Feminator
10-07-2004, 08:32 AM
Food doesn't 'build up' on your body just because you eat it late at night. The body doesn't store fat depending on how dark it is.

If you eat an energy deficit, i.e. less calories than your body uses, you'll lose weight.

At your weight, I'd say that around 2200 calories a day is a good starting point. You can lower or raise it as needs be if you're losing weight too slowly or too quickly.

As for availability of food, what I do when I'm working 12 hour night shifts is just bring in some sandwiches, fruit, bottle of water etc. No need to go out for food except for a rare treat.

A good start is reading here:
http://www.trygve.com/mfw_faq.html

MaN BoObES
10-07-2004, 09:03 PM
how do i count my calories? Like for fruits and what not?

sorry for the stupid question but i have no clue what most items will have

Jabberwocky
10-07-2004, 09:11 PM
fitday.com

Feminator
10-08-2004, 05:41 AM
http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/index.html