PDA

View Full Version : When Is The Best Time...

Shobe
10-07-2004, 08:51 PM
Could you guys tell me when the best time would be to eat breakfast. Before or after I lift weights? Because I lift first thing in the morning.

Adam
10-07-2004, 09:36 PM
as soon as you wake up get something in you. After working out eat something else. After that eat more:D

Saint Patrick
10-07-2004, 09:38 PM
x2

fixationdarknes
10-07-2004, 10:37 PM
Could you guys tell me when the best time would be to eat breakfast. Before or after I lift weights? Because I lift first thing in the morning.

By all means don't lift before you eat breakfast. That defeats the whole purpose of working out. If you're gonna workout as soon as you wake up, I 'd suggest eating a light-moderate sized breakfast before you do workout. After you workout, you should eat some more. The reason I say to eat breakfast before you workout is because your body needs energy to lift weights, right? And you don't have much energy if you haven't eaten anything.

Vido
10-07-2004, 11:20 PM

Don't think about it as breakfast/lunch/dinner...that's old school. You're just eating multiple meals throughout the day. Eat your first meal before you workout (or at least have a shake), have a post-workout shake right after the workout (that's basicaly meal #2) and then have meal 3 an hour or two after that.

Also, there's no reason you have to eat "breakfast" foods in the morning and "dinner" foods at night. That just seems to have become the norm in society over the years, but to me, it's completely baseless. If I want chicken and rice when I wake up in the morning, I'm going to eat it. Likewise, I'm always eating eggs at night. Why should it matter?