PDA

View Full Version : Bulking While Losing Fat?

usertim
10-07-2004, 09:35 PM
Hi,
I've been training for, perhaps 1 year, consistantly. Through that time, I haven't made much gains physically, but increased my understanding on body building. I pinpointed my problem with the lack of success to the nutritional catagory, since I think I train pretty well, and rest well.

For the last month or so, I have been increasing my caloric consumption. How much? I'm not really sure, because I basically eat whats available, and thats that. As more of a health conscious consumer, I reduce the intake of junk food, and fatty food to virtually none.

After that long introduction, heres my questions:
- How does one manage to 'eat more', even though he stuffs himself each meal? (If real food is the only choice, not supplements)
-During the bulking process, should I abandon the, 'eating clean', and just intake the fatty foods to add on to the calories?
-As the title states, Is it actually possible to, "Bulk Up" while trying to burn the fat like the magazines actually say?
-Finally, would doing cardio be eliminating the calories needed for muscle and bone growth?

Thanks in advance for anyone who replies. Tim.

Saint Patrick
10-07-2004, 09:44 PM
- How does one manage to 'eat more', even though he stuffs himself each meal? (If real food is the only choice, not supplements)

Some people wake up in the middle of the night for a snack. Are you actually tracking your calories?

-During the bulking process, should I abandon the, 'eating clean', and just intake the fatty foods to add on to the calories?

I've done that before. It'll help you gain weight for sure. It'll probably lead to extra fat gain though.

-As the title states, Is it actually possible to, "Bulk Up" while trying to burn the fat like the magazines actually say?

You're the bazillionth person to ask this question. I won't flame you for it since you're new to the forum.

Short answer: It's POSSIBLE, but hard to do. If you're bulking, concentrate on gaining muscle and save the fat loss for your next cut. Read aka23's journal to learn how to do a lean bulk without gaining fat.

-Finally, would doing cardio be eliminating the calories needed for muscle and bone growth?

Cardio will burn more calories, causing you to EAT more calories to gain weight. I wouldn't recommend Cardio for your current situation.

Welcome to the board.

Frozenmoses
10-07-2004, 09:54 PM
Start tracking your calories. Up your daily calorie intake by 200 or so until you start gaining 1/2 - 1 lbs per week.

usertim
10-09-2004, 06:02 PM
Thanks Sant Patrick, and Frozenmoses for your advice, greatly appreciated.

BlingMeter
10-09-2004, 06:38 PM
tim i am currently eating 3,000cals a day and taking atlarges THERMOCIN. i run for about 20mins 4 times a week. my top of my abs are starting to show a little bit. i hate fat by a passion so i tryed this. iv got about 2" to lose around the waste til im pretty sure 6pack is visable..

iv got before pics right when i started taking thermocin and atlarges opticen. so im about month or soill be takin pics again to see how the termocin did while bulking.. i have put on 8lbs in about 6weeks and i still look like i did before i bulked. so we will see. but it is possible to limit fat gains and ill be visable proof i hope!

usertim
10-09-2004, 08:41 PM
Alright, thanks man. Another who hates fat with passion :D