PDA

View Full Version : Craving the sweet stuff

Psychotron
10-07-2004, 11:52 PM
I haven't had any chocolate or sweet stuff in about a month, a long time for me! but now every time I eat I'm craving it :( why? is my body asking for something it's not getting anywhere else? Do I need more carbs?
I'm probably gonna cave this weekend.
Question though - what is the best thing to eat in copious quantities? sometimes I get *really* hungry and need to eat a LOT of food... unfortunately in the past I've always found calorie-dense foods to be the answer, but I want to stay away from that, yet still feel full. :help:

thajeepster
10-08-2004, 09:46 AM
I usually get my protein source, chicken, beef, tuna, eggs, etc. and pile it on top of a mountain of salad veggies, lettuce, tons of mushrooms, cucumbers, peppers, onions, etc and top it off with some sort of vinegar/mustard combo or just some hot sauce and pepper, mmmm.... dont skimp on the size, even though it seems like a lot a huge salad has maybe 50+ cals, add in some broccoli if you like.

thajeepster
10-08-2004, 09:47 AM
that 50+ is without the protein source of course :)

AllUp
10-08-2004, 09:55 AM
:thumbup: to the salad. toss in diced chickenbreast or turkey. :)

waynis
10-08-2004, 06:08 PM
once your away from it for awhile you will no longer even think of it. THa'ts where i'am at. Just fight the temptation. Will power man!

Trojan
10-09-2004, 09:19 AM
Having a candy bar once in awhile won't kill you. All in moderation.

Max-Mex
10-09-2004, 10:09 AM
I haven't had any chocolate or sweet stuff in about a month, a long time for me! but now every time I eat I'm craving it :( why? is my body asking for something it's not getting anywhere else? Do I need more carbs?
I'm probably gonna cave this weekend.
Question though - what is the best thing to eat in copious quantities? sometimes I get *really* hungry and need to eat a LOT of food... unfortunately in the past I've always found calorie-dense foods to be the answer, but I want to stay away from that, yet still feel full. :help:

Sugar free jello!!!

ryuage
10-09-2004, 10:25 AM
once your away from it for awhile you will no longer even think of it. THa'ts where i'am at. Just fight the temptation. Will power man!

I agree, but if you introduce it all of a sudden like I did you'll go hogwild... had so much of it I dont want anymore haha... the alternative is to eat so much of it you make yourself sick of sweets lol. :) sugar free jello also gets my vote! you can also find some nifty recipes using sugar substitute.. etc..