PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to make a Mon/Wed/Fri routine into a Tue/Wed/Fri?

Mikael
10-10-2004, 03:08 PM
What do you guys think... I have always gone the Mon/Wed/Fri way with my split because until now I could always afford it. However this semester it looks like I won't be able to work out on Mondays.

My split goes like this: Chest/Bi, Shoulders/Legs/Abs, and Back/Tri.

If I move my Chest/Bi workout from Monday to Tuesday, I'm concerned my front delts will take too much of a beating from working hard two consecutive days.

Any ideas on how to handle this unexpected change?

thetopdog
10-10-2004, 03:17 PM
What's wrong with working out on weekends? Your body doesn't know what day of the week it is

Mikael
10-10-2004, 03:22 PM
The gym I go to (university's gym) is closed on Sundays and Saturday afternoons... and no, I'm not willing to wake up early every Saturday morning...

Rik-s
10-10-2004, 03:31 PM
Why not just change your routine to Chest/Shoulders, Bi/Legs/Abs, and Back/Tri ?

Saint Patrick
10-10-2004, 04:24 PM
Cut out the direct shoulder work and do it like this:

Tues-Chest/Bi
Wed-Legs/Abs
Fri-Back/Tri

Maybe do a few sets for delts on Tues or Fri if you feel the need.

BigNic
10-10-2004, 04:33 PM
id cut the arm work out over the delt work. Or technically you could cut both i suppose

fixationdarknes
10-10-2004, 05:38 PM
I'd say do this-

Tues- Chest/Bi
Wed- Legs/Abs
Fri- Back/Shoulder/Tri

Titanium_Jim
10-10-2004, 10:33 PM
It might work better with compound exercises to switch to Tues: Back/bis, Wed: legs/abs, and Fri: Chest/tris/shoulders. Exercises like pulldowns, pullups, and rows use lats and biceps, then after the back exercises your biceps would already be warmed up and you could move straight to curls, and pushups/presses, etc work chest and triceps together so after the chest work you could do your tricep routine. That's how I do my workouts.

Mikael
10-11-2004, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the suggestions everybody!

Nito
10-11-2004, 02:55 PM
Or you can try Chest/Tri Leg/Shoulder/Abs Back/Bi OR Chest/Bi Leg/Shoulder Back/tri these 2 work well i thik