PDA

View Full Version : New To Forum...

Irongame
10-10-2004, 10:00 PM
Hello all:

I am new to the forum and I am somewhat new to the sport of bodybuilding. Although I've been lifting for about 4 years (off and on), I am recently developing an interest in getting more focused on the sport.

With that being said, I am currently on a bulk and have been so for about a month now. I am having great difficulty putting on mass. For some inexplicable reason I tend to see the fat (along with some muscle) accumulate soon after a starting bulking. However, it seems to be more fat gain than muscle. I realize that fat is a normal part of bulking, however this puzzles me because, in my mind, my diet is for the most part clean, no fast food, junk, etc...

Although I realize that may I have not given enough information to go on, I would nevertheless greatly appreciate a general understanding of what I might be doing incorrectly. Thank you in advance.

Here is my diet:

M1- 4 eggs (eggbeaters)
1/2 cup oatmeal
1-2 slice ww bread
1 scoop whey
1 tbsp flax

M2- 4 scoops Nlarge/Water

M3- 1-2 chicken Breast(s)
40 grams wheat pasta
1 tbsp flax
Veggie

M4- 3 scoops Nlarge/Water

M5- NPB sandwich on ww bread
2 scoops whey

M6- Chicken, Turkey, or Lean Pork
1 cup rice
Veggie

M7- 2 scoops whey or cottage ch w light yogart
1 tbsp flax

Vido
10-11-2004, 12:08 AM
How many calories is that? What is the macronutrient breakdown? What are your stats?

The food choices look good (except for the N Large, which should only be used pre and post-workout), but without knowing more detail about quantities there really isn't much to go on. There is no reason that you should be putting on more fat than muscle, or even a 50/50 ratio, no matter how poor your genetics are IF you are eating the right amount of calories. This is most likely your problem. It IS possible to eat too many calories even if they are coming from "clean" sources.

I suppose another possibility could be your workouts, but from my experience you don't need to do anything extraordinary in the gym to grow, if your diet is on track.

Irongame
10-11-2004, 08:26 AM
Hi Vido:

Thanks for the response and also not for flaming me...lol

I will try and provide you the best information that I can in order for you to assist me with my diet and routine. My routine is at its core primarily WBB1, with additional exercises incorporated into the existing schedule, i.e. more sets, reps, etc...

My Stats are as follows: 6'0/185/33waist/notsure of BF

Diet is somewhere around 2800-3000 calories daily. About 40/35/25 breakdown. You mentioned earlier that the culprit might be the Nlarge. Would it make a substantial difference if I reduced the amount consumed to 2-3 scoops per sitting as opposed to a full dosage, or as you suggested only take it post workout. In your experience, how much sugar becomes too much when your bulking, is there a a number that I should stay below to minimize fat gain? With that being said, If I limit this to reducing the quantity of the MRP, what would you recommend that I replace it with in the morning afternoon or order to keep the calories/macros in line? I seem to have trouble with the "filler" foods in between meals, especially If I have to cut out the Nlarge. However, I'm sure that there are probably more sound choices out there than that one that I hve chosen.

Vido
10-11-2004, 02:12 PM
Diet is somewhere around 2800-3000 calories daily. About 40/35/25 breakdown. You mentioned earlier that the culprit might be the Nlarge. Would it make a substantial difference if I reduced the amount consumed to 2-3 scoops per sitting as opposed to a full dosage, or as you suggested only take it post workout. In your experience, how much sugar becomes too much when your bulking, is there a a number that I should stay below to minimize fat gain? With that being said, If I limit this to reducing the quantity of the MRP, what would you recommend that I replace it with in the morning afternoon or order to keep the calories/macros in line?

The number of calories looks like it should be fine. There ARE people out there that can bulk on less calories than that, but at your stats, that really shouldn't be overkill at all. That's 15-16 calories/lb bodyweight. I usually recommend 20-25, so imo you shouldn't be dropping the calories at all. The breakdown also looks good.

N Large should be taken pre-workout and post-workout, or just post-workout. I don't think there is a set amount of sugar that is going to put you over the edge in terms of fat gain...I would just try to limit it to zero (aside from the times I mentioned). Regardless of the effects of sugar on body composition, it isn't good for you health-wise anyway.

If you can't replace the protein from the N Large with real food, then shakes (not meal replacements) are perfectly acceptable. I always find it easier to eat fats as snacks (nuts, peanut butter, oil, etc.), but if you want carbs, then go for some oats, brown rice, veggies, or fruit.

ryuage
10-11-2004, 03:18 PM
:withstupi

at 3000 calories I dont see how you could be puting on that much fat at all...

Irongame
10-11-2004, 03:24 PM
You may not relate to the situation, but it's there.

ryuage
10-11-2004, 04:28 PM
you may just be seeing what you want to see... try taking some measurements and see if you really are puting on fat.

Irongame
10-12-2004, 10:06 AM
100 views, 4 responses- pretty amazing...

ryuage
10-12-2004, 03:28 PM
do you want 100 different responses?

Irongame
10-13-2004, 09:44 AM
Sure, why not, what the hell.