PDA

View Full Version : 4 weeks out from elite/6 weeks out from Mt. Rogers

pentacent500
10-12-2004, 04:54 PM
i'm a rookie here, and figured it's time i dove in and introduced myself. why not start by posting a few pictures. i've been on www.beyondmass.com messing around, but this is such a bigger forum with more people...why not get some more experienced advice. i just did a show 2 weeks ago (mountaineer)...my first one...and i have one in 4 weeks (elite muscle classic) and one in 6 weeks (mt rogers--NGA show). instead of posting contest pics, i wanted to post my weekly pics from yesterday and see what you guys think i should do about diet and cardio.

now...let me figure out how to put a picture in here.

chris mason
10-12-2004, 05:32 PM
You look good! Good overall shape and thickness.

If you want any constructive criticism I would be happy to provide it.

pentacent500
10-12-2004, 05:45 PM
any constructive criticsm is welcome. sometimes hurt feelings lead to show victories. tell me what you think.

bill
10-12-2004, 06:18 PM
Doing great there, I leave the small amount of critic to Chris.

pentacent500
10-12-2004, 08:30 PM
Chris wants a better front double bi picture. so i'm posting it here. i only have two from that day. oh, and Chris...i was talking about something else in the PM. for some reason i thought i posted contest photos and not photos from yesterday. so in that regard, any diet, posing, or flaw-related advice would be great from anyone. (i'm still a rookie)

PS...you think i can get the belly in shape in the 25 days remaining?

Shark
10-12-2004, 08:41 PM
You definitly need to lean up before your next comp. I would suggest doing some sort of a pre-contest depletion to really get you leaned out but I am not the best person to provide you with info on that. I bet ST would have some good advice.

pentacent500
10-12-2004, 08:43 PM
You definitly need to lean up before your next comp. I would suggest doing some sort of a pre-contest depletion to really get you leaned out but I am not the best person to provide you with info on that. I bet ST would have some good advice.

i can only guess you're referring to carb depletion? or water? i'm on a carb cycle right now...roughly 75/day on Mon-Thurs and about 200-250/day on Fri-Sun.

fixationdarknes
10-12-2004, 09:11 PM
Do you work your lower back?

pentacent500
10-12-2004, 09:22 PM
lower back is definately holding water and skin is loose. i work it doing hyperextensions and whatnot. but i think that once i flush out the water for my show that will come in well. i think my back is my best feature.

GMCtrk
10-12-2004, 09:33 PM
I think you weakest point is your chest. Looks kinda small compared to most other major muscle groups...

pentacent500
10-12-2004, 09:36 PM
I think you weakest point is your chest. Looks kinda small compared to most other major muscle groups...

you mean in terms of mass or cuts?

it's funny b/c i agree it's a weakpoint...but the funny part is maybe 2 years ago i would have said it was my strongest point. wonder what happened there.

GMCtrk
10-12-2004, 10:25 PM
you mean in terms of mass or cuts?

it's funny b/c i agree it's a weakpoint...but the funny part is maybe 2 years ago i would have said it was my strongest point. wonder what happened there.

In terms of mass, not sure if that's genetics or just a lack of chest exercise, but the size is definitely lagging behind. Everything else looks good.

pentacent500
10-13-2004, 05:39 AM
definately not lack of exercise. possibly overtraining. maybe this offseason i'll go easier on chest but do it twice a week instead of every 5 or 6 days.

Mic Soloist
10-13-2004, 05:51 AM
I think you're looking thick man.

What are your stats?

Ht?
Wt?
Arm size
Chest size?
Waist size?
Quad size?
Ect?

pentacent500
10-13-2004, 06:31 AM
as of this morning...first thing in the AM, non/swoll...

5'10" 201
waist: 31 1/2 "
chest: 48 1/2 "
biceps: 19 3/4"
quads: 28 "
forearms: 16 "

i want to come into the last show of the season at 189 so i can make light-heavy. i don't care much about my weight for the first show.probably drop waist to about 30-30 1/2. hopefully the rest won't drop more than 1/4" in the next 5 1/2 weeks before the end of my contest season.

Relentless
10-13-2004, 09:35 AM
Overall you look pretty decent, I think.. great basic shape and decent symmetry

a bit hard to see in some of those pics but your legs look a little overshadowed by upper body.. actually you seem to have a larger man's arms which may account for the comments about the chest looking weak. ;)

hams & glutes look kinda soft as well as the low back and I can't really see the calves clearly but are they lagging?

Overall it seems like dialing in the diet and coming in nice and dry for the show will sort out most of what I mention here.

pentacent500
10-13-2004, 09:52 AM
callahan: interesting. i've always thought i've had big legs. some have said that they overshadow my upper body. and there is definately some softness in those areas. a lot of that is water that i'm holding...in the process of flushing it out. the rest should come by showtime, i hope. keep in mind that this is done with the worst possible lighting to show muscularity, and i'm about as white as i can get (even though i tan a lot--go figure).

anybody have any ideas on dropping the water? i'm getting 2 gallons/day now. gonna go to 3 gallons/day for the wed/thurs/fri before the show, but cut water at, say, noon (so it's ok not to get 3 gallons that day). diuretics = taraxatone, dandelion root, and uva ursi. i'll get probably 20 oz of water around 6 friday night so that the carbs get saturated and allow me to bulk more. also intend to use some wheat thins to suck some of the water out. cutting sodium on wed, and am toying with the idea of sitting in a sauna for 20 min on mon/tues/wed.

any other ideas?

Relentless
10-13-2004, 10:03 AM
could just be the angle of the photographs making the legs look smaller... those are definitely not flattering pix

I don't know that I'd bother with saunas

controlling your carbs and sodium are usually the way to go to dry up, no?

as far as diuretics, why no EC stack action? or did you not stockpile some ephedrine before all that stupid FDA nonsense? :)

Manveet
10-13-2004, 10:12 AM
as of this morning...first thing in the AM, non/swoll...

5'10" 201
waist: 31 1/2 "
chest: 48 1/2 "
biceps: 19 3/4"
quads: 28 "
forearms: 16 "

i want to come into the last show of the season at 189 so i can make light-heavy. i don't care much about my weight for the first show.probably drop waist to about 30-30 1/2. hopefully the rest won't drop more than 1/4" in the next 5 1/2 weeks before the end of my contest season.

I'm not trying to be an ass or anything, but judging from the pictures, and your weight, I'm having a hard time believing those stats. I dunno, I could be completely wrong though.

pentacent500
10-13-2004, 10:12 AM
as far as diuretics, why no EC stack action? or did you not stockpile some ephedrine before all that stupid FDA nonsense? :)

no ephedrine for me. i use hot rox for a thermogenic...works much better than any ephedrine product ever did.

pentacent500
10-13-2004, 10:14 AM
I'm not trying to be an ass or anything, but judging from the pictures, and your weight, I'm having a hard time believing those stats. I dunno, I could be completely wrong though.

lol. which stats in particular don't you believe? sorry if your insecurity made you feel small. was only answering the dude's question. i have nothing to gain from posting false stats. especially precontest right now where i feel smaller than ever.

BigNic
10-13-2004, 10:35 AM
your arms are definetly your strongest point. 19 3/4, that is VERY big. Id say you look pretty great. Maybe bring up your lagging chest and legs and youll be extremely impressive.

pentacent500
10-13-2004, 10:47 AM
wow. if everyone thinks the chest is lagging it must be lagging more than i thought. glad i posted here. once offseason hits i'll have a strategy in place to bring that back up. i thought about it...and my strength used to be my chest (back when i did everything once a week). i switched to doing everything BUT chest and legs twice/week and suddenly what was my strength is now my weakness. it could either be that, or the fact that my chest was my strength BEFORE i had open heart surgery. makes me wonder if the that had anything to do with it.

HahnB
10-13-2004, 10:50 AM
lol. which stats in particular don't you believe? sorry if your insecurity made you feel small. was only answering the dude's question. i have nothing to gain from posting false stats. especially precontest right now where i feel smaller than ever.

You look great in the pics, don't get me wrong. But it just doesn't look like you have damn near 20" arms. I don't think he was being insecure, it's just the way some of the pictures came out. To me you look about 15lbs heavier in some than others-the camera can do that. For instance, in picture 025, you look much smaller due to lighting and the pic being taken further away.

pentacent500
10-13-2004, 10:57 AM
arms were over 21 in the offseason. i was mad i dropped an inch and a half in precontest. i was thinking 19 3/4 was small. and pic 025 is bad. wonder if i can take that off, b/c i posted one with better lighting a few posts higher.

oh yeah...hahn...go buckeyes.

Shark
10-13-2004, 11:03 AM
Another suggestion for you would be that you need to work on your posing =). I know that these are just some basic shots to post your physique but you have to nail you poses in the contest. I agree that in the pictures it does not look like you have a 19 3/4 inch arm but I have no reason to not believe your measurments. Its hard to tell in pictures though.

pentacent500
10-13-2004, 11:10 AM
Another suggestion for you would be that you need to work on your posing =). I know that these are just some basic shots to post your physique but you have to nail you poses in the contest. I agree that in the pictures it does not look like you have a 19 3/4 inch arm but I have no reason to not believe your measurments. Its hard to tell in pictures though.

man, you're more right than you know. my posing at my last show was terrible...terrible. i think it cost me the show b/c i hid way too much. i'm working on it, but need pointers. after all, i'm still a rookie.

BigNic
10-13-2004, 11:28 AM
ya to be honest its hard to believe theyre 19 3/4. Im not saying there not, they just dont appear to be that big. I have no reason to believe youd lie tho. If you wanna prove everyone wrong you could take a pic with them measured.

BCC
10-13-2004, 11:32 AM
While you look good, there's no reason for you to be bull****ting with those measurements.

At 5'10 and 200 pounds you do not have nearly 20 inch arms. You do not have 28 inch legs. Infact I almost have a hard time believing you have a 31 inch waist.

pentacent500
10-13-2004, 11:39 AM
lol. i find your skepticism flattering. you guys are funny.

BigNic
10-13-2004, 11:50 AM
hey man no one will be skeptical if you post a measuring pic, im trying to help you out.

BCC
10-13-2004, 11:54 AM
I find it funny that you gave pro-bodybuilder stats.

chris mason
10-13-2004, 11:54 AM
The criticism is in regards to how you hit your front double bicep. You need to draw your back out a bit more. Try arching your back and sticking out your chest while simultaneously drawing our your lats. You might also lower your upper arms a bit so they are more parallel with the ground.

Give this a go and post another shot if you can.

The measurement issue might be a misunderstanding. Are you measuring pumped?

The reason people are doubting you is that your weight and height do not add up to those measurements if they are cold (not pumped). For example, Mike Mentzer's upper arm was measured at 18 5/8" in shape and unpumped. Mike was similar in height to you and weighed in the 220-230 lb range with that measurement and his arms were absolutely huge.

One more example I can give is Joe Roark (the IFBB historian) just measured an off-season Lee Priest's arms at just over 21" cold. He had zero pump. He claimed to be about 5'5" and 235 lbs at the time of the measurement (the GNC SOS just last weekend). Joe is an absolute nut about accuracy so you know that is a 100% accurate measurement. I am sure you will admit your arms are not as big as Lee's. Therefore, I think you are either measuring incorrectly or are measuring incorrectly and pumping the arms during the measurement. To measure correctly you need to measure around the largest part of the biceps with the tape at a right angle to the bone of the upper arm.

chris mason
10-13-2004, 11:58 AM
Here it is in Joe's own words:

"Yesterday (Oct 9, 2004, Saturday) at 9:31am I chatted with Lee Priest at the GNC Show of Strength Expo Hall, and asked if I could measure his wrist, his forearm in two positions, and his flexed upper arm.

He said he weighed about 235 as we spoke and that he was about 5'5" tall.

Keep in mind he was cold, had not worked out that morning.

His wrist measured 7-3/8".

His forearm- with the entire arm straight- including the hand straight from the wrist, but with his fist clenched, but not goosenecked, measured 15-3/4" and is the most incredible forearm I have ever seen in person. So he has the magical ratio of his forearm being twice as large as his wrist PLUS ONE INCH! Manfred Hoerbel did not have the 2:1 ratio!

Then he goosenecked his hand, and put his forearm at a right angle to his upper arm, and in that position his forearm measured 17".

His upper arm was simply unbelieveable, and it is my personal opinion that from wrist to shoulder he has the best all-round development in the history of bodybuilding- I will not argue- that's just my opinion. His upper arm measured an unbelieveable 21-1/4".

He mentioned that when pumped, he can add an inch, which is of course likely. So pumped, his arm would be over 22" which would be triple his wrist size!

He allows people to believe what they wish in regard to his arm size, and he related this story. He was at a department store counter when the female clerk commented that he had large arms, but that her relative had arms 'about twice as big as yours'. Lee just smiled and said he must be a big guy!

Another time someone said to him, "What do your arms measure, I will guess 23""

"You got it", replied Lee, and smiled and walked away.

Thus misinformation is born."

BigNic
10-13-2004, 12:01 PM
lol, lotsa people talk **** about him, but lee seems like a cool guy to me.

pentacent500
10-13-2004, 12:09 PM
I find it funny that you gave pro-bodybuilder stats.

holy smokes...have you ever seen a pro BBer in person? i'm nowhere near that. lee priest looks like he has giant tumors off those short stubby arms. my measurements are not that great, folks. you'll also see why serious bodybuilders don't do measurements, nor rely on them. you guys sound like a bunch of little girls whining about measurements when you know that a bodybuilding stage is not based on inches. biceps last week measured just under 19 cold. 19 3/4 pumped. chest, legs, and everything else was measured relatively cold b/c it was measured after a biceps-only workout. no cardio, no warmups, nothing. weight was morning weight, pre-meal. if you want pro bodybuilder stats...add about 50 or 60 lbs, 4 inches to the thighs, 3-4" to the arms, and 8" to the chest. lol...you guys must really be tiny for these to look like big measurements to you.

BigNic
10-13-2004, 12:16 PM
LOL. Well i was trying tobe a nice guy. Number one both people that posted skepticism, chase and chris mason, are much larger than you. Number 2, we never said they "looked" like big measurements. WE said your numbers looked "too big" for your body.

Beast
10-13-2004, 12:19 PM
You look great. The only bad thing that stands out to me is your chest and leg development. They seem small compared to your traps and especially arms.

chris mason
10-13-2004, 12:24 PM
holy smokes...have you ever seen a pro BBer in person? i'm nowhere near that. lee priest looks like he has giant tumors off those short stubby arms. my measurements are not that great, folks. you'll also see why serious bodybuilders don't do measurements, nor rely on them. you guys sound like a bunch of little girls whining about measurements when you know that a bodybuilding stage is not based on inches. biceps last week measured just under 19 cold. 19 3/4 pumped. chest, legs, and everything else was measured relatively cold b/c it was measured after a biceps-only workout. no cardio, no warmups, nothing. weight was morning weight, pre-meal. if you want pro bodybuilder stats...add about 50 or 60 lbs, 4 inches to the thighs, 3-4" to the arms, and 8" to the chest. lol...you guys must really be tiny for these to look like big measurements to you.

Look, don't be so defensive. You did read what Lee Priest's arm measure in the off-season, correct? You said yourself that you are not as big as a professional bodybuilder yet you said your arms were 21" in the off-season.

Like I said, I just think you there is something wrong with how you are taking the measurement.

In any event, your arms are definitely one of your better bodyparts.

Can you retake the double bicep pic and post it here?

chris mason
10-13-2004, 12:26 PM
LOL. Well i was trying tobe a nice guy. Number one both people that posted skepticism, chase and chris mason, are much larger than you. Number 2, we never said they "looked" like big measurements. WE said your numbers looked "too big" for your body.

Well, I appreciate the comment but I am not really larger than him. He is leaner than me and weighs not much less than I do at an inch shorter in height. Chase is definitely much bigger.

GrumpyTX
10-13-2004, 12:26 PM
Looks pretty damn good.

I have to say that I agree with the chest being a little behind. Calves and lower back could use a little more work also based on the pics. How big around are the calves?

chris mason
10-13-2004, 12:29 PM
Heck, I can take care of this misunderstanding very easily. Pent, just stop by Brown Honda Dodge tomorrow (he lives pretty close to Charlottesville) and I can measure your arm and stop any and all skepticism. I will be there pretty much all day. Just let me know when you want to stop by.

Otherwise, let's all just forget the measurement thing and move on.

geoffgarcia
10-13-2004, 12:38 PM
rather than worry so much about water depletion I think you should concentrate on lowering your bodyfat a ways...you look like your around 10-14%?

usually when putting up stats it helps to have pics of the measurements.

ElPietro
10-13-2004, 12:43 PM
Lol, I think he should take a look at some of BCC's pics and competition work before he prejudges him much more.

Everyone measures a little differently though, some snap the tape so that it's really tight, others loose, others REALLY loose, then there is pump no pump, angle of the tape, area of the measure, yadda yadda. So very difficult to compare apples to apples.

pentacent500
10-13-2004, 12:55 PM
just had my BF done by the exercise physiology guy at lynchburg college (and former Mr FLorida). 8%. that was 2 weeks ago. closer to 6 now.

chris: can't tomorrow. maybe next week if it's that important. gotta find out when Jill is going home (it's over an hour away).

but ya know...i'm not going to answer about the measurements anymore. someone's gotta be the bigger man. might post a picture of the actual measurement. but no more comments. and, b/c this was about a bodybuilding show, who cares about them now anyway? i'm not going to get onstage and have the judges measure each bodypart to crown a winner. you are all diverting me from my original purpose. now i see why the vets on the other boards told me not to come over to the novice forums (WBB, bb.com, etc). seriously. if you don't have anything intelligent to say, don't bring the intelligence of the whole thread down with you.

chris mason
10-13-2004, 01:09 PM
It isn't that important to me. I was offering if you wished to quell the criticism.

This board is very solid and full of people with excellent knowledge on training. It is certainly not a novice forum. That said, there are fewer competitive bodybuilders here than on some other boards. More of the folks here just train for the sake of being bigger, stronger, or just looking better.

In any event, post the new pics if you can.

savdout209
10-13-2004, 01:13 PM
pent, get over to masons' work asap and prove em wrong. :thumbup:

HahnB
10-13-2004, 01:25 PM
just had my BF done by the exercise physiology guy at lynchburg college (and former Mr FLorida). 8%. that was 2 weeks ago. closer to 6 now.

chris: can't tomorrow. maybe next week if it's that important. gotta find out when Jill is going home (it's over an hour away).

but ya know...i'm not going to answer about the measurements anymore. someone's gotta be the bigger man. might post a picture of the actual measurement. but no more comments. and, b/c this was about a bodybuilding show, who cares about them now anyway? i'm not going to get onstage and have the judges measure each bodypart to crown a winner. you are all diverting me from my original purpose. now i see why the vets on the other boards told me not to come over to the novice forums (WBB, bb.com, etc). seriously. if you don't have anything intelligent to say, don't bring the intelligence of the whole thread down with you.

Any forum you would post the numbers you did here and not have people atleast question them is a novice forum.

pentacent500
10-13-2004, 01:32 PM
hahn...learned my lesson, didn't i? won't do that again. well...just once. i'll try it on another forum. gotta be scientific about it. see if the whining is for real. i mean, some of the guys were legit. it was just a few ignorant a-holes, probably 12 years old, messing up the whole thing. but yeah...like i said, i've never put much stock in measurements, and neither does anyone who knows what they're doing.

Big J
10-13-2004, 02:39 PM
You look good. I can see where the doubt is coming from just because you said you have 19 3/4" arms and you only weigh 200 pounds standing 5'10" tall. I was 5'11" 205 pounds w/ just a tad higher body fat than you, and my arms barely taped 17" And that was if I was pumped. Now that I'm closer to 240 I'm a good bit bigger, but my body fat isnt as low either. Either way, I'm not doubting what you said. Looks like you've been lifting for a while. I will give you a handy lil tip though, just look at Chase's avatar. That's actually him.

With that out of the way. You definately need to drop your body fat leveland as other's have touched on, your chest is laggin. My main critique would just be your overall body fat level. You need to drop that a good bit. Looks to me like you have a good bit around your stomach, lower back, and ass areas.

Good luck w/ your competitions.

sublime99
10-13-2004, 03:02 PM
Forget measurements constructive citisism here it is:

Chest is lagging and you need to drop bf% lower and do a depletion, poses could use some work. The biggest thing i noticed is that your bf% is high for being 6 weeks out i think if you dropped a couple % you would look alot better and stage rdy. Considering the long road you had you look fabulous, glad to see everything is working out for you.

ElPietro
10-13-2004, 03:05 PM
It could be lower, but if he's 6 or 7% now, with 6 weeks left and still has to deplete he'll probably be fine. Once the water goes all the cuts and striations will show better. Add to that more time to learn posing and there could be a really big difference. Oh and let's not forget dream tan, or whatever that gunk is they need to start slathering on a week or so out.

Did you ever try and get a posing coach? Or get as many tips from your last comp as you could to help with that?

pentacent500
10-13-2004, 03:35 PM
um let's see...i'm 3 1/2 weeks out now at 6% even. that's just about where i want to be if i drop 1%/week. my first show (mountaineer) was a practice show b/c it was my first, and i came in at about 7%. i was amazed at how quickly i began to look better as i dried out. i'm still holding a lot of water in a few regions that i just can't seem to get rid of. sublime...when you say depletion...depletion of what? carbs? and no. i haven't gotten a posing coach yet, but i'm hoping to get a guy at the gym to help me. if you thought those poses were bad, you should have seen me at the mountaineer. i'll cry myself to sleep over shame of how bad those poses were.

oh, and the high bodyfat. keep in mind i was 275 just 4 months ago. here's a "before" picture.

chris mason
10-13-2004, 04:11 PM
Wow! You have definitely transformed yourself very nicely!

Very impressive stuff! I assume you will not let yourself get to that position again?

JSully
10-13-2004, 04:14 PM
That's a diesel drop in 4 months, did you lose alot of muscle? Hit up a super strict UD2 and that'll cut 1-1.5% a week, with VERY minimal muscle loss. Then do youre depletion as well (pre-comp) and when you come in for the competition you should be looking VERY good. If you're about 6-7% now then in 3 1/2 weeks you should be between the 3-4% range all dried up and prune looking.. lmao.. j/k Good luck bro!

HahnB
10-13-2004, 04:17 PM
That's crazy for only 4 months time.

Big J
10-13-2004, 04:28 PM
70-75 pounds in 4 months... not bad at all. That would come out to be about 4.3 pounds per week. Nice job.

BigNic
10-13-2004, 04:51 PM
damn bro, youve come along a lot. Congrats

pentacent500
10-13-2004, 07:22 PM
Chris: you really seem like a class act on these boards. that's a compliment from a forum rookie. but no, i don't intend to get that bad again. my thinking all along (from the day i got back into the gym--4 weeks after getting released from the hospital) was to put on as much weight as possible. i hated being 200 lbs and being so grossly skinny. and even at 200 lbs i had a waist of like 36 (if i remember right). so i spent all last fall eating everything in site just to get weight--any kind of weight. the idea was to spend the first half of spring semester cutting fat and the second half maintaining weight while cutting fat, then cutting in the summer. i didn't intend to do shows so soon, but even in the hospital i had resolved to both do bodybuilding and football. i didn't think i would ever bench 500 again (still not sure if i will), but i just wanted some freakin weight on my bones. it's funny, b/c i've made a lot of new friends that i didn't know before i got sick. i would talk about bodybuilding and whatnot and they would just humor me b/c they just knew me as that fat guy.

on my journal today i basically did the math. i want to compete 20 lbs heavier at the end of next year than i do this year. i know that's huge...but what that means is in the offseason i want to weigh about 235 at 10% BF. big goals, i'm aware. but you gotta know me. in the hospital they considered it a big goal to even walk again.

pentacent500
10-13-2004, 07:30 PM
sorry. didn't mean to leave some of you out.

Little Jake: what is a UD2? remember...this is my first training season. that's one reason i'm doing 3 shows in 8 weeks. i want to get the precontest part down and learn as much as i can through experience. and the experience i've got so far, lol, is 1) i've already lost 10-15 lbs of muscle in that 12 weeks, and 2) show tan sucks.

big J: it was definately a lot of weight...a lot more than i thought i would drop, too. but from 10-9 weeks out i spent a week in the hospital with something called "cellulitis" (a precursor to the same staph infection i had before). i think i dropped 11 lbs that week alone. stayed as close to the diet as i could. heh...figured out how to special order chicken breasts and oatmeal from the cafeteria.

ironically went back to ohio soon after i got out of the hospital, got off the diet and training for 4 days, ate cinnabon and chipotle, and lost like 7 more that week. go figure. probably b/c my carbs were way too low and my cardio was way too intense and long that my metabolism needed a kickstart. i guess that hospital stay was God's way of saying "you idiot. eat something".

Saint Patrick
10-13-2004, 08:58 PM
I agree w/ Chase.

You look good in those pics, but those measurements seem a little high.

pentacent500
10-13-2004, 09:00 PM
old news, folks. even saying i'm 5'10" seems high based on the pictures. try to keep up with the latest stuff on here.

JSully
10-13-2004, 10:03 PM
Little Jake: what is a UD2? remember...this is my first training season. that's one reason i'm doing 3 shows in 8 weeks. i want to get the precontest part down and learn as much as i can through experience. and the experience i've got so far, lol, is 1) i've already lost 10-15 lbs of muscle in that 12 weeks, and 2) show tan sucks.

UD2 is a basically carb cycling but a more 'revved' up version. Low carbs mon-thursday with full body workouts each workout. mon-tues 6 sets 15 per bodypart each day each bodypart. Thursday is a tension workout with 6 sets 6-12 per bodypart. Carb load on friday with 7-8xLBM in carbs, then Saturday is Power workout 2 sets 3-6 per bodypart and moderate carbs. That will keep most muscle if not add muscle while dieting. Depending on your goals you can play with the diet and change the way the carbs are cycled when it comes to how much carbs and such. You can bulk with gaining very little if any fat and you can lose fat while gaining muscle or you can target it towards the most fat loss with zero muscle gain. From my experience it's great. I dropped 16lbs in 6 weeks with no muscle loss. I started the diet benching 390 or so and last week I hit 405 again. This would have been the 8th week I've been on the diet but I just get bored with things too easily and took a couple weeks off the diet to arrange my new diet which I'm starting tomorrow. If you need more details PM me on AIM, I've talked to you on there before so just message me again. If you've already deleted me my nick is "xtra0t". I'll talk to ya later man. Take it easy.

Mic Soloist
10-14-2004, 12:13 AM
While you look good, there's no reason for you to be bull****ting with those measurements.

At 5'10 and 200 pounds you do not have nearly 20 inch arms. You do not have 28 inch legs. Infact I almost have a hard time believing you have a 31 inch waist.

Sorry but I agree. I was also looking at the waist to chest difference. There is NO WAY his chest is 48 inches if his waist is 31.

the bodybuilders in the mags have 20 inch arms(sometimes)

Until I see some pics with tape around you I refuse to believe it

sorry if i'm a hater...

pentacent500
10-14-2004, 05:47 AM
old news, folks. even saying i'm 5'10" seems high based on the pictures. try to keep up with the latest stuff on here.

pentacent500
10-14-2004, 05:52 AM
i didn't know that was called UDT. i'm going low carb (75-90) on Mon-Thurs and higher carb (250-300) on Fri-Sun. those are lower figures than most people say i should get for my weight, but what can i say? i'm paranoid. i've been doing it for 2 weeks now and even though i don't drop much in poundage, the mirror looks better everyday. lost 2%BF in the first 9 or so days, but only lost 1 lb. somewhere in there that means i either gained a lb of water or a lb of muscle. ultra light cardio seems like a bizarre concept to me. but walking for 30 or 45 minutes seems to do just as much fat burning and tons less muscle burning. i'm just wary, though. i'm 200 even as of this morning at 6%. ordinarily that doesn't sound bad, but in 5 weeks i want to be 189 so i can make light-heavyweight. factor in maybe 5 lbs for water and maybe a pound of muscle, i still have 5 lbs of fat to lose to get to 189. i don't know if that is a lot or not. factor in also that i have another show 2 weeks before that (which i'm not worried about weight but purely appearance). man, i still plan on pigging out after the show and maybe even the next day. would still have 12 days for the next show.

JSully
10-14-2004, 08:17 AM
i didn't know that was called UDT. i'm going low carb (75-90) on Mon-Thurs and higher carb (250-300) on Fri-Sun. those are lower figures than most people say i should get for my weight, but what can i say? i'm paranoid. i've been doing it for 2 weeks now and even though i don't drop much in poundage, the mirror looks better everyday. lost 2%BF in the first 9 or so days, but only lost 1 lb. somewhere in there that means i either gained a lb of water or a lb of muscle. ultra light cardio seems like a bizarre concept to me. but walking for 30 or 45 minutes seems to do just as much fat burning and tons less muscle burning. i'm just wary, though. i'm 200 even as of this morning at 6%. ordinarily that doesn't sound bad, but in 5 weeks i want to be 189 so i can make light-heavyweight. factor in maybe 5 lbs for water and maybe a pound of muscle, i still have 5 lbs of fat to lose to get to 189. i don't know if that is a lot or not. factor in also that i have another show 2 weeks before that (which i'm not worried about weight but purely appearance). man, i still plan on pigging out after the show and maybe even the next day. would still have 12 days for the next show.

It's called UD2 and what you're doing compared to the UD2 will hinder your results. I used to be paranoid about the carbs too until I got super strict on the UD2 and I started losing 2-3lbs a week while my strength gained. For more details head over to www.bodyrecomposition.com.

/plug

pentacent500
10-14-2004, 08:42 AM
so, what, i should get more carbs? is that what you're saying?

GrumpyTX
10-14-2004, 10:08 AM
I am saving some pennies to try and get a copy of the UD2 book to try out. I have heard some great things about it.

geoffgarcia
10-14-2004, 10:18 AM
I am saving some pennies to try and get a copy of the UD2 book to try out. I have heard some great things about it.
same here.
its basically a leptin sparing routine.
I wonder how if it would be even better coupled with a leptin boostin supplement

pentacent500
10-14-2004, 10:43 AM
whoa. now i really am going to sound like a rookie. leptin sparing? sounds like something i should already know. gonna have to do some research on this...sounds like a good book, though. talk to me about this leptin sparing thing.

geoffgarcia
10-14-2004, 11:02 AM
leptin is related to fat loss and is said to be partially (mostly) responsible for why we stop losing weight after 7-10 weeks of cutting.
Carb cycling and slow desents prevent leptin from crashing.
There is a ton of information on this
start here: http://www.avantlabs.com/page.php?pageID=51&issueID=3
avant has a series of about 10 articles that get progressively more involved in the issue. just search avant for them

X-force24
10-15-2004, 09:56 AM
Huge man; your legs look like tree trunks. Good luck at your comp.

pentacent500
10-15-2004, 10:56 AM
aight geoff. well i'm 3 weeks out right now, which means that for the next 2 weeks, based on this info, i'll carb cycle with more than i was intending to use...instead of 60-70 it should be more like 80-90 on the low carb, and instead of 200 more like 300 on the high carb. still need to research this thing called leptin some more.

JSully
10-15-2004, 06:50 PM
aight geoff. well i'm 3 weeks out right now, which means that for the next 2 weeks, based on this info, i'll carb cycle with more than i was intending to use...instead of 60-70 it should be more like 80-90 on the low carb, and instead of 200 more like 300 on the high carb. still need to research this thing called leptin some more.

Check out www.mindandmuscle.net and look for the carb cycling articles. I haven't tried it yet because I'm trying the PSMF diet from over at bodyrecomposition.com first and then I'll probably try this sometime next year. I like to try all kinds of different diets so that I know more of what I am talking about when I tell people to get on certain diets. (I train friends on the side) I've read all the articles and it looks quite interesting. I would suggest trying it for a precomp on your next show (not this one coming up). And as far as how you're carb cycling, it's hard to determine how many carbs you should be taking in for your low and high days when you dont state how many days low and how many days high you do. If you were doing 3 days low - 2 days high then it looks like that may work well. Or possibly a little longer, you'd have to play with it a little to get it just right for your bodytype. Which is another reason why I try lots of different diets. Good luck man and keep me posted.

pentacent500
10-15-2004, 10:33 PM
i'm doing 4 days low (mon-thurs) and 3 days high (fri-sun). this "precontest" (between shows) was too short to really have any time to play with the number of days or anything...only 5 weeks plus a week off at the beginning.

Majestic
10-16-2004, 07:24 PM
This thread is hilarious.

I'm trying to imagine......somehow....some way.....that Pent has even 18 inch arms cold, let alone 19+, especially with those weak peaks.

Dude.....NO.

Not even on Krypton.

That said, you seem dedicated and serious, so I see no reason why you can't improve on your already mildly impressive pictures. You'll probably be a beast 24 months from now. Just chill-out on the measurement reports.

pentacent500
10-16-2004, 09:48 PM
hey somebody go get majestic an attention span.

i think we're all dumber for reading that. i put the same stuff on a hardcore BB forum. the real bodybuilders had no problem believing it. had a lot of nice things to say about some of the idiot posts. (though we've crossed this bridge, haven't we?)

orbital
10-16-2004, 11:03 PM
Listen Pent, obviously there is a little controversy in this thread about your stats. This happens from time to time here, especially with newer members. But whats the deal with your constantly slagging this board like in this last post? If you think we are all a bunch of amateurs who don't know anything, why do you keep posting here?

pentacent500
10-16-2004, 11:33 PM
i wasn't thragging the board. i was thragging the last post. it's no secret that this board isn't full of hardcore BBers. that's not the focus of it. that's by no means a bad thing. i just think it's funny that everyone was cool until someone asked me what the stats were. and even after i said "aight you guys are being idiots, let's get back to the purpose of this thread", there were still shmucks with malicious posts. it just shows me the true heart and intent of a lot of you guys on this board. but if it makes you feel good to tear other people down, well by all means.

Saint Patrick
10-16-2004, 11:36 PM
leptin is related to fat loss and is said to be partially (mostly) responsible for why we stop losing weight after 7-10 weeks of cutting.
Carb cycling and slow desents prevent leptin from crashing.
There is a ton of information on this
start here: http://www.avantlabs.com/page.php?pageID=51&issueID=3
avant has a series of about 10 articles that get progressively more involved in the issue. just search avant for them

Here's another: http://www.theministryoffitness.com/mof/library/articles/article18.htm

pentacent500
10-17-2004, 12:38 AM
great article. nearly identical to what i'm doing now, but now i know more why i do it. also, plenty of added info (i.e. fructose with each meal on refeeding days). it makes me want to do another show sooner so i can try it out for a full precontest instead of just 5 weeks. but that's what the rookie season is for i suppose. now i know.

bill
10-17-2004, 08:09 AM
I think your arms look, much bigger than the rest of you. I have 18 arms and his look bigger than mine? Oh and Frank Zane had smaller than 18, but won something so really just improve as much to get that symmetrical look.
Pent did you train before that huge fat loss? Thought so, but never read it.

orbital
10-17-2004, 12:13 PM
i wasn't thragging the board. i was thragging the last post. it's no secret that this board isn't full of hardcore BBers. that's not the focus of it. that's by no means a bad thing. i just think it's funny that everyone was cool until someone asked me what the stats were. and even after i said "aight you guys are being idiots, let's get back to the purpose of this thread", there were still shmucks with malicious posts. it just shows me the true heart and intent of a lot of you guys on this board. but if it makes you feel good to tear other people down, well by all means.

Again. I can't understand why you don't just go back to your "hardcore" boards where the "real bodybuilders" hang out since we are just a bunch of idiots and shmucks who are out to get you.

HahnB
10-17-2004, 12:15 PM
I'd be interested in seeing a link to your pics on another board where you claim to have 19 3/4" arms.

Majestic
10-17-2004, 07:02 PM
He posts something on a Tuesday, and expects everyone to forget it by Saturday.

You'll find that people respond to messages here more than a week after they're posted, depending on their schedules. That doesn't mean you have to like what I said, but it does mean I'm entitled to comment when you post your stats publicly.

I don't believe your measurements, but it could be that you just have less than optimal arm proportions, which is creating the illusion that you're smaller than you really are.

pentacent500
10-17-2004, 08:10 PM
there is a certain etiquette that you guys are breaking with the malicious and slanderous talk. you know it's stupid and you're being poor ambassadors for the sport. therefore i won't comment on this thread anymore. no more thread babysitting for me. but you can post away. i won't read it, though.

lilmase1153
10-17-2004, 09:27 PM
well i was gonna tell you that you looked good. big arms, big quads, but the arms make your chest look small. as with your quads make your hams look small. but all in all looks good.