PDA

View Full Version : fitday what the????/

akomabutisakama
10-12-2004, 08:32 PM
i totaled my cals for to day the way i usually do on a paper but i decided 2 try fitday and see if i got the same amount. but when i entered eevery thing in it came out to 600 more cals
i am recording the right macros and cals because i look at the nutrition label
so what is it

pentacent500
10-12-2004, 09:02 PM
ok first of all...never heard of fitday. but...it depends on how you're counting your calories. it will be different if you are counting your carbs, fats, and proteins, then multiplying protein and carbs by 4 and fat by 9 to get your calories b/c of fiber and sugar alcohols which are listed as carbs but have no calories. therefore, for instance, something can have 30 carbs but not have fewer calories for that reason.

Dirt
10-13-2004, 12:12 AM
It's highly likely fitday is using different nutritional information than your actual product labels. I don't actually use fitday myself but I presume they're providing their own information for things like "chicken breasts", "oats" etc. that are generic. On that note, your own calculations are more accurate if they are taken off actual product labels.

savdout209
10-13-2004, 10:43 AM
**** mang..professor pentacent! :p I definately believe fitday has got to be somewhat innacurate as well. However, if you have no life you can enter the nutritional values from what you eat into 'custom foods' on fitday.com and be sure? maybe? or not.

geoffgarcia
10-13-2004, 10:52 AM
if your going to bother using any diet tool you might as well take the .05 seconds to enter custom foods

dietorganizer>fitday
I'm gonnna go out on a limb and say that the errors your seeing are probably user input errors and not fitday errors

its a dumb client, it just regurgitates whatever you put into it.
bad data in = bad data out