PDA

View Full Version : Difference between eggs?

Aoeteroa
10-14-2004, 05:30 AM
Is there any difference between normal eggs and free range eggs?. I mean quality wise?. I know free range means the chicken is not a battery hen couped up all day and an egg laying machine, does this matter to us though?.

Theres no more nutrional content in a Free range egg is there?. I buy free range but their more expensive than standard eggs and thinking of switching back to standard.

People say normal, standard eggs smell worse and dont taste as nice.

Any thoughts?

thecaptain
10-14-2004, 09:16 AM
Free range eggs mean that the chickens who lay them aren't caged up and don't recieve any hormones and such. Personally i don't care which I eat. Eggs are eggs in my opinion.

emjlr3
10-14-2004, 09:39 AM
yea it prolly dont matter at all....personally i use egg whites...and id reccomend those over regular eggs any day, jsut dont drink em raw unless you dont mind nose burning gas

geoffgarcia
10-14-2004, 10:21 AM
eggs make ur gas stink because of a reaction it causes in your colon.
a carton of egg whites is like 8 servings and only about 150 total calories.
I wouldn't recommend having more than a carton at a time as ur gas will be quite noxious.
Personally I have a carton and throw in 3 jumbo eggs to up the calories significantly.
I also add about 6 ounces of milk and 2 slices of fat free cheese to improve the consistency and flavor.
give it a whizzo

Dirt
10-14-2004, 04:41 PM
eggs make ur gas stink because of a reaction it causes in your colon.
a carton of egg whites is like 8 servings and only about 150 total calories.
I wouldn't recommend having more than a carton at a time as ur gas will be quite noxious.
Personally I have a carton and throw in 3 jumbo eggs to up the calories significantly.
I also add about 6 ounces of milk and 2 slices of fat free cheese to improve the consistency and flavor.
give it a whizzo

You're eating raw eggs? If I read that correctly I'm wondering as to why you are doing that. As far as I know cooking egg protein significantly increases it's bioavailability and by eating raw eggs you're putting yourself at risk for a run in with salmonella

JTyrell710
10-14-2004, 04:59 PM
eggwhites are different, not raw

Aoeteroa
10-15-2004, 07:21 AM
You guys think its worth it to buy a replacements for eggs, liek this egg nation supplement, says 1 pump is equal to one egg white. If it has all the nutrional value then i'd go for it, hate cracking opening 6-8 eggs every morning, annoying

geoffgarcia
10-15-2004, 08:51 AM
Dirt, I cook the combo up.

Aoteroa, why not just buy egg protein powder then? you can get it from tons of places if thats all you want. Otherwise why not just cook your eggs at night, then heat em up in the AM? I do that sometimes with 3-4 days worth of eggs at a time. I do it with 6-7 days lunches at a time also.

emjlr3
10-15-2004, 02:58 PM
i get pasturized raw egg whites, so there is no isk of getting anything bad from em, and cooking them does nothing for the protein you get from em, and just drinking em raw seems to make the same amount go down much faster and easier, and takes up lots less space in my belly, that is why I do it

superdeathflame
10-16-2004, 12:45 AM
Free range eggs taste a lot better, especially fresh. Apparently humans can't digest the protein in raw egg whites, they have to be cooked. This has been known for a long time, stop watching Rocky.

ozzyman
10-16-2004, 01:16 AM
hard boiled eggs any good for you? bulking right now and was wondering if i should hard boil a bunch of eggs for in between meal snacks or something.

superdeathflame
10-16-2004, 06:01 AM
Hard boiled eggs are just as good.

Eddan
10-16-2004, 04:20 PM
I have read somewhere that eggs from free range hens who spend time outdoors are slightly more nutritious. This is because the hens then have a more varied diet since they can then have some earthworms, insects, whatnot.
If they are just “indoor” free range, I don’t see hove that could make a difference nutrition-wise.