PDA

View Full Version : off the diet...rebound?

Beavereater
10-14-2004, 08:45 AM
I know it's not the end of the world, but lets say you have a couple bad days, or a week :burger: (Gym closed for repairs and cleaning, long weekend, mom filling up your plate for dinner not being able to control your food) does anyone know how long before the rebound hits, if you are dieting? I hope the terminology is right when I say rebound....

thecaptain
10-14-2004, 09:10 AM
Not sure I understand what you're saying about rebound. Explain a little more.

Beavereater
10-14-2004, 10:20 AM
When you are fat, and you want to loose weight, you cut calories. It's a lifestyle change. BUT, if you come off it, you end up gainning more than you were to start off with. So you rebound to your original weight. I workout 3 days a week, and cardio 5...I eat clean 2500 cals a day. I am trying to loose weight cause I am fat. BUT this last week has been a bit rough with work, the gym and other stuff where I came off my routine. I am back on tomorrow, but I already feel fat. SO, I just wondered how long a persons body would take to lose that rythme of losing weight, and back into just storing fat, at perhaps a greater rate (The whole rebound thing)..

Dirt
10-14-2004, 04:44 PM
Any sort of rebounding in weight gain will take longer than a week to occur so relax. The fact you're feeling fat is likely only psychological. Get back on track with your diet and you'll be fine.

Lance
10-14-2004, 06:25 PM
I notice significant changes in body fat within a week, sometimes within a day or two. And i'm not talking ultra low calories, but 10-12 cals x bodyweight in lbs.

RBC13
10-14-2004, 06:39 PM
Could this weight you regain be waterweight?

Regenvelc
10-14-2004, 10:45 PM
Could this weight you regain be waterweight?

I think it is, you arent burning off your stores so the waterweight build back up. I am off my diet for today and I feel like crap, but tomarrow I am back on it and it is all good.

Beavereater
10-14-2004, 11:27 PM
Any sort of rebounding in weight gain will take longer than a week to occur so relax. The fact you're feeling fat is likely only psychological. Get back on track with your diet and you'll be fine.

Yeah, I hope its psychological, and that it takes more than a week. I am back on it right now, and at the gym tonight.