PDA

View Full Version : getting smaller while getting bigger

bigzak2136
10-14-2004, 02:58 PM
Hey guys, for the last year and a half I've been workin out hard and also dieting hard. I used to weigh over 300 pounds and was weak. I've lost over 75 pounds and am down to 225, and have increased strength dramaticlly. Recently, my weight loss has leveled off and I can't seem to get over the hump. My goal is to get down to 200 pounds and then maintain. My diet isnt the greatest because I'm in college and cant afford to eat great all the time. Plus when your drinking you tend not to care as much. I normally have a bagel for breakfast, subway footlong roasted chicken for lunch, and lean cuisine for dinner. Basiclly I intake 1,500 calories a day. I'm also taking ephedra and do 20 mins of cardio 5 times a week, and lift those days too. Any suggestions for changing my diet? or any suggestions at all? maybe more cardio? thanks

Nito
10-14-2004, 03:07 PM
You either cut or bulk, you get to a certain point where you have to pick one or the other.

LC
10-14-2004, 03:34 PM
1500 calories is really really low for someone who weighs 225. You might want to do a "refeed". That will let you raise your calories up some and start losing weight again. Just do a search on "refeed" to find all the info you will need.

Max-Mex
10-14-2004, 04:50 PM
Refeed? Hell he needs a diet overhaul! 1500 cals just isn't enough. I weigh 195 and I eat at LEAST 2000 cals per day (and I'm still losing weight). I need to rethink you diet. Starving yourself will only work for so long and the chances of you gaining the weight back are greater. If you want to keep doing the ephedra, that's fine just rework the diet.

sublime99
10-14-2004, 04:56 PM
Yep try eating like 2200 to 2400 and refeed and no not on beer up to 4000 cals. I think your beer drinking could be part of the problem even once a week can screw things up.