PDA

View Full Version : Milk

usertim
10-17-2004, 05:24 PM
I was just reading the article about gaining mass in atlarge.com, and it was givnig a list about the types of foods it recommends. It states:

Fruits of all types
Skim or 1% milk
Soy milk

Two questions:

1) Isn't the HOMO milk more nutritious as compared to the Skim and 1%? Of course its more fattening, but in the context of this article (http://www.atlargenutrition.com/gainingmass.php), it doesn't seem to be arguing about the fat intake.

Which leads to the next question:

2) Stop me if im wrong, but soy milk is refined soy beans and refined sugar. Delicious and I absolutely love it, but doesn't sound very healthy to me. So how does that help in gaining mass any better than, lets say, a can of 7-up?

akomabutisakama
10-17-2004, 05:28 PM
1. milk is good i only drink it if bulking though but i dought the difference in 1% milk compared to skim will realy make a difference maybe just slow down absorbtion a little more

2. if im not mistaken soy reduces testoterone and thats not what your want if you are trying to gain muscle. and plz just stay away from soda its cheaper to just buy a bag of sugar and tmix it in water and you wouldnt do that woukld you

JTyrell710
10-17-2004, 05:48 PM
uhh.. ask Adam Mckinnon if he buys bags of sugar and mixes em in water.. as i recall he, and many other people do, nothing wrong with sugar. There IS something wrong with hi fructose corn syrup, and as far as i know, Soy contains estrogen like compounds but does not actually reduce testosterone. not sure what your asking about milk, most milk is homogonized.

_-_v_-_
10-17-2004, 06:50 PM
Soy does NOT reduce testosterone.

And you can buy low-carb soy milk -- some of it is quite good.

usertim
10-17-2004, 07:26 PM
Umm.. sorry maybe i was too vague on my question. Theres the four types of milk:
1%
2%
Skim
HOMO
I don't really know the story behind how milk works and stuff, but I think Skim is a diluted version of the other ones? So if thats true, whats the point of drinking Skim and 1% as compared to the 2% and homo?

Hope that kinda specifys the question~

RWalt
10-17-2004, 08:43 PM
Umm.. sorry maybe i was too vague on my question. Theres the four types of milk:
1%
2%
Skim
HOMO
I don't really know the story behind how milk works and stuff, but I think Skim is a diluted version of the other ones? So if thats true, whats the point of drinking Skim and 1% as compared to the 2% and homo?

5, you forgot whole milk

Woody_London
10-18-2004, 03:00 AM
1%
2%
Skim
HOMO

Skimmed milk isn't diluted. When milk is made all the cream settles at the top and they literaly "skim" off the fat from the top.