PDA

View Full Version : Low protein???

accuFLEX
10-18-2004, 04:29 PM
Im 6'3 220lbs and workout 5 times a week. Lets say I eat about 50g of protein per day. Would my body burn more fat? Would I burn more fat if I ate more protein? So what would happen if I ate little protein in a day?

Vido
10-18-2004, 05:08 PM
Why would you even be suggesting doing something like this? I honestly don't think this post warrants an actual response.

accuFLEX
10-18-2004, 06:19 PM
I never suggested anything. I was asking a question. Please read my post again before saying that it doesn't warrant a response. Im sorry im not a doctor, im 17 and just wanted to know some info...

My question should really be worded "If I dont eat very much protein and still workout, will I burn more fat than if I ate a lot of protein and workedout just as much?" Would I lose any fat? Does it make a difference?

Frozenmoses
10-18-2004, 06:22 PM
If you're lifting weights, you need significantly more protein than 50 g's a day. Protein intake does not really have an impact on fat gain/loss, overall caloric intake is the key to that.

RickTheDestroyer
10-18-2004, 06:22 PM
Go to the articles section. There is one about higher protein and why it's good for you. All the answers you seek are in there.

accuFLEX
10-18-2004, 06:26 PM
If you're lifting weights, you need significantly more protein than 50 g's a day. Protein intake does not really have an impact on fat gain/loss, overall caloric intake is the key to that.

Thats all I wanted to hear, thanks

accuFLEX
10-18-2004, 06:27 PM
Go to the articles section. There is one about higher protein and why it's good for you. All the answers you seek are in there.

Can you link me to it, I cant seem to find it :(

echo85
10-20-2004, 08:29 PM
yes, replacing other calories (fat and carbs) with more protein will help you lose fat, because protein requires more energy to digest and utilize.