PDA

View Full Version : 1 Week cut

Shark
10-19-2004, 01:42 AM
Hey guys, i'm going to a wedding on saturday night and I want to look my best. What suggestions would you make so i can come in looking my best. I'm realistic, i'm not trying to shed 20 pounds or anything, i just want to know if you have any suggestions about how i can clean up this week to look my best for saturday.

I will for sure be cutting out most of my salt and drinking plently of water up until friday night. Other than that i am eating very well, a bit low calorie and working out all week as I normally would. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
Chris

Vido
10-19-2004, 01:53 AM
Low sodium and lots of water are good ideas. If you wanted to do something more extreme you could eat very little (like 1000 calories) Tue-Thur, and then do a large carb-up on friday.

Shark
10-19-2004, 10:51 AM
How would that work for me? Can you give me a better idea of why I would want to do that?

Vido
10-19-2004, 12:40 PM
Well you should lose a bit of fat in 3 days of extremely low calories coupled with exercise, and then the carbload would make you "full-looking" for the wedding. The 1000 calories would be virtually all protein, with maybe some fish or flax oil.

ryan-
10-19-2004, 12:42 PM
Interesting, I too am in a wedding on Saturday, as the groom. I'm going to Jamaica for the honeymoon, maybe I'll do this. Considering I have a cold this shouldn't be too hard.

echo85
10-20-2004, 09:19 PM
congrats to ryan-

crussow: i'd go with a typical pre-competition diet. It sounds like you're trying to look a bit more cut ("i'm not trying to shed 20 pounds or anything"). Although you're not going to lose a noticeable amount of fat in a few day, but as a wrestler, i've shed close to that much in water weight for a weigh in. a ketogenic diet for a couple days should do the trick. don't make yourself sick.

abwowang
10-20-2004, 11:51 PM
"i've shed close to that much in water weight for a weigh in"-- HOW?!
"ketogenic diet "-- EXPLAIN..

ehehe i wanna learn :)

echo85
10-23-2004, 05:28 PM
CKD's were orginally intended to treat child epilepsy. The Initial phase of a CKD (Cyclical Ketogenic Diet) has dieuretic properties for several reasons. It's really not very good for you (and effectiveness wears off) to eat this way long term, but for losing water (and fat) very quickly, nothing touches it. When you go into ketosis, your body utilizes adipose (fat) cells to generate ketones for energy, which are excreted to a large extent in the urine. Make sure you read up on it, and drink lots of water if you're just trying to lose fat, and not trying to be exactly 174.999 lbs for a wrestling match.

there's a ton of stuff out there on the web. Here's an introductory page:

http://www.hardbodiessupplements.com/Ketogenicdieting.htm