PDA

View Full Version : Another "Am I doing this Right" Question

Mannequin
10-19-2004, 11:56 AM
Ok, I am about 5 weeks into my CKD and my BW is relatively the same. I drop weight at the end of the week but by the end of the carb up, I am back at square one. I know its just me filling up with glycogen, but its like I am taking two steps forward and at least one and a half steps back. I started at 2400 cals a day. Two weeks in, dropped to 2300 cals. Now I am looking to drop again because i'm not seeing change. My diet is 100% during the week and 80% during the weekend. Meaning on weekends I eat right just dont weigh out everything. I do the full body workouts. I do the depletion workouts. and I run. What more can I do? The link to my journal is provided

kolanut
10-21-2004, 05:45 PM
I'm new to CKD as well, and had the same problem. I'm now losing 1 lb/week, right on schedule. Try to get into Ketosis by Tuesday Night by the latest. Drugs/Supplements definitely help, but try not to eat any carbs until that ketostix registers.

The beauty of CKD is you can tinker with it every week. Learn from your mistakes and make adjustments the following week. I ****ed up by eating too much fat on the carb up, and generally overeating. The more experienced CKD'ers just know when they overdue the carb up, they go by how they feel.

Stick to it, once you dial it in it's the best i've done. Week 8 and I'm down 10 lbs and strength is up (BP 275X5 to BP 275X8).

ryuage
10-21-2004, 06:05 PM
get bodyfat measurements

raniali
10-21-2004, 07:22 PM
how much weight are u dropping during the 5 days in keto? and i would consider shortening your carb-up as one alternative to dropping daily calories. i found that the carb-up is just as important as the period in keto. a full 48 hours may be too much - so try cutting back to somewhere between 24 - 36 hours instead. and try to get your simple carbs early on in the carb up and moving towards the more complex sources mid to end.