PDA

View Full Version : Starting out my diet to lose around 15 pounds...

JeReMy4024
10-19-2004, 08:43 PM
Alright.. before anyone posts that I should search the forums first, I have been doing that for about 3 weeks now. All of this dieting stuff seems so complicated to me when choosing what one and how to actually do it. I know about fitday and am getting ready to start using it. I weigh almost 190 and I am 6'3". Most all of my fat is on my chest/stomach. I am wanting to tone that down a lot. I have started running 1-2 miles a day and just want to know what to eat. My food intake has been pretty bad for a while now.. tons of junk food and all that. I already have the foods to eat list from that sticky at the top. This really helps out.
What if I did something like this: (this is where I need help setting it up)
Breakfast - Bowl of Special K cereal with skim milk
Run 1-2 miles
Post run snack - Low fat yogart with banana
Lunch - 1 boneless skinless chicken breast w/ lemon pepper
Another snack - maybe can of tuna and crackers??
Dinner - Give me some simple ideas to go with my diet
Another snack after dinner - Help me out again

I am also going to start a lifting program here in the next couple of weeks whenever I can get a membership..

JeReMy4024
10-20-2004, 11:19 PM
anyone help me out here?

SalahG
10-21-2004, 04:01 AM
Are you an endo, ecto, or mesomorph?(Hardgainer or a chubby naturally). What all are you willing to put in to this diet? Height, weight, age? How long have you been training? Are you involved in athletics? How much will power do you have to stay on a diet for the long term?

geoffgarcia
10-21-2004, 08:43 AM
most crackers are terrible for you. They are loaded with hydrogenated fat.
They shouldn't be in any healthy diet.

Your diet looks very low calorie
for dinner I'd add 3 chicken breasts and a cup of brown rice and a cup of mixed vegetables

for after dinner snack go for a blended protein shake + a cup of rolled oats +2tbsp of olive oil

Thunderwulf
10-21-2004, 10:13 AM
Stay away from the crackers.

Add more protein and try to get at least 6 meals a day to raise your metabolism.

Put some oatmeal in there. Its great mixed with some protein.

JeReMy4024
10-21-2004, 10:41 AM
thanks for the ideas guys! I am only 18 years old and I have never been like built muscular or anything. I played baseball all my life up until about 3 years ago and I was in pretty good shape with really no fat on my stomach. Im not involved in any athletics anymore. Now I am 6'3" almost 190 and have alot of noticible fat on my stomach and my chest. I just started wanting to do this last week and ran 1-2 miles everyday last week and have been trying to eat healthier. If I can just get on a set diet then I would be on my way.
So I should eat 6 small meals a day and this would speed up my metabolism and make me lose some pounds? How many calories should I start out eating?

JeReMy4024
10-24-2004, 06:53 PM
Anyone have more help for me?

JeReMy4024
11-08-2004, 07:18 PM
I'm still looking for some more help on my diet!! Anyone?!

Vampiro
11-08-2004, 07:44 PM
Your eating too little, your not going to lose weight but the muscle you have. As others said start eating 5-6 meals a day. Start your day with more protein, maybe some 5-minute oats, and your choice of whey (add whey after heating). Meat and veggies can fill any gap. Chciken breast, lean beef, tuna, salmon are all good choices. Pork tenderloin is also good.Try adding some protein before bed, maybe cottage cheese (good source of slow digesting protein). Dieting isn't hard when your accostomed to it. When i started my diet it was weird as hell to cook chicken breast with veggies, weigh food, and all that, after a while, its second nature.

abwowang
11-11-2004, 01:11 PM
buy those costco.. nut medleys..
before sleep those are good for u..
some almonds.. peanuts..
remember to always control urself..
drink lots and LOTS.. AND LOTS of water..
the skinless chicken is a good idea..