PDA

View Full Version : Ive got a problem here :(

thajeepster
10-19-2004, 10:32 PM
So im stuck here on ship and they finally ran out of oatmeal. I have very limited choices now. heres what they serve for breakfast:

Eggs to order ( i usually had about 3 whole eggs scrambled, lots of veggies)

Home Fries

Biscuits and Gravy

Pancakes, Waffles, or French Toast with syrup and butter

Bacon or sausage

Cold Cereals (Cheerios, Total, Raisin Bran, Golden Grahams, or Corn Flakes)

Milk

Muffins (Chocolate Chip Today)

Fruits (Pears, Oranges, Apples, Grapefruit)

White Bread, Reg Wheat Bread, Onion Bagels

These are my choices :(

I used to have 3 whole eggs with veggies, 2 packets oatmeal, with a whole apple mixed in. This was a good breakfast for me because it left me very full.

What would you guys recommend now? I guess i could just have eggs, but I dont think that i would get that same full feeling as with the oatmeal. I should also point out that the chefs onboard wont make egg white omelets.

Any thoughts? id like to keep my cals around 500 and dont want to go overboard with the sugars. ???

Vido
10-19-2004, 10:46 PM
You can just eat more eggs if you want. 7 eggs or so is probably around 500 calories.

Dirt
10-19-2004, 10:57 PM
No offense, but your question is impossible to answer because you left out what your goal is. Are you cutting? bulking? maintaining? In general, if I were you I'd keep eating your eggs and add in bacon/sausage and whole wheat toast for your meal, but leave the options open to perhaps rotate in a muffin in lieu of toast etc. Basically the more I look at the list, the more I see countless combinations that would make a quality breakfast for any situation you're involved in. Post what your goal is and perhaps I can help more.

thajeepster
10-19-2004, 11:06 PM
im bulking

Dirt
10-19-2004, 11:29 PM
I don't want to go through the cals and plan out the meals exactly, so I'll leave that up to you, but here are some examples.

1. Raisin bran, milk, eggs
2. Eggs, WW toast, bacon/sausage
3. French toast, milk, grapefruit
4. Eggs, muffin, apple/pear

In all honesty, I think other than the biscuits and the homefries as well as some of those cereals most of those foods are clean enough to eat on your bulk. As long as you get a decent macro breakdown I don't see why you can't mix up your diet with a couple different options for breakfast. I liked your original breakfast, but you definitely have more options than you think.