PDA

View Full Version : Diet Help Appreciated...

Irongame
10-20-2004, 09:40 PM
Hello all:

Without boring all of you in too much detail, I am a newbie that is struggling to add mass with my current diet. I have educated myself fairly well on both the training and diet aspects of bodybuilding and for the most part, have been following a clean diet. Since my workouts seem to be strong, I believe the problem must obviously lie within my diet. I have been following this diet (posted below) for about a month now, and I don't seem to be seeing much success or progess in the way of muscle mass gains, only slight bodyfat increases it seems. How is that possible? Please critique my meal plan so that I may figure what I'm doing incorrectly. Thank you to all in advance.

Basic Stats: 6'0/188 pds.

Diet Breakdown:

Total Daily Calories- 2800-3000
Protien: 220-240g
Carbs-300g
Fats: 70g

Meal Plan:

M1- 4 eggs (eggbeaters)
1/2-3/4 cup oatmeal
1 slice ww bread
1 scoop whey
1 tbsp flax

M2- 4 scoops Nlarge/Water

M3- 1-2 chicken Breast(s)
40 grams wheat pasta
1 tbsp flax
Veggie

M4- 3 scoops Nlarge/Water

M5- NPB sandwich on ww bread
2 scoops whey

M6- Chicken, Turkey, or Lean Pork
1 cup rice
Veggie

M7- 2 scoops whey or cottage ch w light yogart
1 tbsp flax

TTT
10-24-2004, 02:45 AM
Go to McDonald's more :)

Titanium_Jim
10-24-2004, 05:04 AM
It looks like you're getting enough protein. A way to stack your calories is have you seen those fruit pies at convenience stores? they're around 99 cents for one, there's a couple different brands, and the chocolate ones have 530 calories, the fruit ones have 470-480 cals. Also, one whopper from burger king has 700 calories, a macho beef burrito from del taco has over 1100 calories. The whopper and burrito are also very high in protein, but for the most part with some moderation of things like that you should bring your caloric intake to at least 4000/day. You should start gaining with a diet like that. Also, do you regularly have caffeine or alcohol?

Vido
10-24-2004, 12:17 PM
If you're not gaining, eat more, simple as that.

ryuage
10-24-2004, 12:30 PM
:withstupi

no need to fill in calories with junk... it's up to you. simply eat more.