PDA

View Full Version : i have NO SELF CONTROL

blaindsmith
10-21-2004, 12:13 PM
ive finally come to the conclusion that i have no self control to start a certain diet and stick with it for so long. i think i might be diving into the deep end when it comes to this stuff though. are there any ways to slowly move into a good diet.

currently ive comepletely cut out sweets and i have been drinking water about 90% of the time during the day. i have an opticen shake twice a day. i guess its hard for me to accept seeing diet that you guys have and eat the same thing for breakfast, lunch, snacks and supper for weeks at a time.

is that a good start for a beginner on on dieting? what should i try next?

currently i am 22 6'1 and 220lbs and i am on wbb2. ive beein training for about 7 months. i would like to get myself down to around 205 and still maintain some of my size. i just need to lose the gut and love handle. everthing i am somewhat satisfied with. i know i will look bigger too if i lose the fat. its just deceiving.

zen
10-21-2004, 12:25 PM
Last spring I went on a diet. I have a similar ht/wt as you.
I was 225 at 6'2", and I cut my calories down to between 1200-1800 per day, and over 2 months I dropped to 210lbs.
However, I hit that plateau that one usually gets when they diet too long. Your body's metabolisms tends to react by becomming more efficient and the weight loss stops.
So, I've gone back up to 220, and started a new diet 2 weeks ago. I dropped 6lbs so far.
Here's the thing. The best diet is a gradual one. You really just want to drop your calories by 300-600 from your normal diet under which you maintained a static weight. Eat just as often as you used to, but take slightly smaller portions.
If you do it gradually, you are less likely to shock your metabolism into compensating for the losses AND you are less likely to burn out and quit your diet because you feel hungry all the time.
So, do it gradually and don't go on a crash diet.

Adam
10-21-2004, 03:24 PM
The easiest thing that i came across is just eliminating sugar. After 2-3 weeks you usually have zero cravings for it anymore. Then the rest of your diet falls into place easier.

ichbinschneller
10-21-2004, 08:18 PM
The easiest thing that i came across is just eliminating sugar. After 2-3 weeks you usually have zero cravings for it anymore. Then the rest of your diet falls into place easier.

I completely agree. I am currently bulking but I just came off of a major cut down, and you reeally just have to avoid refined sugars and white bread and anything that falls into that group. After a few weeks your cravings for most super sweets go away. I dont drink soda or eat any candy junk food etc.. of any kind and no longer have a desire to.

matrix5089
10-22-2004, 09:46 AM
you dont have to eat the same things everyday go into recipes and look up some difrent meals theres alot of good ideas in there most of us just find things we somewhat like and are easy to make thats y eat the same stuff everyday if not you spend you whole day cooking meals,. plan to eat something you like but is good for you everyday so you have something to look forward to everyday when your drinking those shakes. And if your strict enough and find that your loosign weight put in some cheat meals in there to curb some cravings.

blaindsmith
10-22-2004, 01:00 PM
its also tough cause i dont prepare my own meals. i am livin at home and its a hassle to ask my mom to do it to make 2 different meals. i wouldnt mind doin it but she gets into "mother mode" and has me eat. same with my dad, "you gotta eat" and its like steak, potatoes and gravy. blech. i might just start food shoppin for myself to i can get into the swing of it. i was on a good track when i lived at school and prepared my own stuff but now that i dont have control over it with my mom in the house its a lot harder.

i am ok with sugars. i dont eat that anymore. should i start to move away from breads and grains now? cause ill have a bagel for breakfast and then a sandwich for lunch or a shake. have shakes throughout the day when i get hungry. should i start to replace meals with fruits and veggies like salads?

[[[----]]]
10-22-2004, 01:37 PM
Just eat Dark stuff, Whole Wheat Bread, Sweet potato instead of regular, and smaller portions of food so you don't overeat at meals. Throw in cardio a few times a week and you should start losing some weight.

txterry
10-22-2004, 02:31 PM
blaindsmith: Keep track of how many calories you eat, and how many calories you burn. A site popular with this forum is fitday. You will figure out what foods and quantities to eat.
I have been able to lose weight easily, as well as decrease my fat intake and increase my protein by keeping track like this.

blaindsmith
11-04-2004, 11:04 AM
ive been tryin to do the couting calorie thing but i am always running around doing something and i never have time to sit down and do that. its always work, class, gym and by the time i get home its like 10pm and i just want to go to bed so i never have the time to figure out a diet plan which is why i got opticen cause at least if i have that it fills me up and i know its good for me. during work i stay away from all the crap everyone else eats and i have a package of bagels and peanut butter to throw on them and eat.

i guess i will just have to start up some cardio somewhere during my busy week. i think i will do the eliptical machine cause i hate running and i get shin splints really easy.