PDA

View Full Version : Food timing + workout

Jane
11-05-2001, 06:03 PM
I have a sucky situation where my lunch period is right before my only available workout time. I am not sure how long stuff would take to digest, but I *hope* that if I finish lunch around 12:15 and my workout is from 12:25-1:05, that some of that food is still there to refuel my muscles? The next available time for me to eat is 2:45 at the earliest. Do you think this is really not a big deal, that I'm not getting high GI carb+protein immediately after my workout? Any suggestions for what the makeup of my lunch and my 2:45 meal should be?

syntekz
11-05-2001, 07:26 PM
Maybe just bring some sort of quick snack for after your workout.

I personally wouldn't be able to eat and than 20 minutes later workout, I'd end up getting sick.

YatesNightBlade
11-06-2001, 02:50 AM
I have some whey and Malto after a workout. But something like White rice or potatos with some tuna would be good.

Wizard
11-06-2001, 03:09 AM
You can have some sweets (rolls etc) as well.
However malto is maybe the optimum type of carb and whey the optimum type of protein.

Spiderman
11-06-2001, 05:40 AM
Like Yates said, for lunch have some quick acting carbs. Then after your workout have your shake already made up and drink it on the way to class. That should work good for ya. ;)