PDA

View Full Version : monster shake for wannabebiggers

JSully
10-21-2004, 08:32 PM
I was just thinking about how to make a protein shake that is monstrous and would be great for bulking. The Ultimate Mass Shake in the pic is made by Optimum Nutrition and can be found in your local supplement store or online many different supp stores.

Just like to share with everyone. I think it tastes wonderful. :) You'll hafta add water to get it actually blended right. 24oz of milk and it will still be too thick.

Anyways, for hardgainers I suppose 2 of these per day along with regular eating will work wonders!

Frozenmoses
10-21-2004, 09:07 PM
2600 cals? Jesus, that's more cals than I take in all day.

JSully
10-21-2004, 09:13 PM
Yeah, that's twice as many as mine in one day. LMAO!!

But I'll be having this every day when I start bulking again. Along with a whole bunch of other foods. I cant wait till January. :)

JSully
10-22-2004, 08:23 AM
Hmmmm, as I look at this now, if you cut the shake in half, that would take the stats down to:

55.5g protein - 225g carb - 28g fat

Now, add 2 scoops of ON whey protein - 46g protein, 2g carb, 1g fat, that would yeild:

101.5g protein - 227g carb - 29g fat = 1575kcals

In which, that would be the IDEAL Post-Workout Shake for a person weighing approximately 225lbs.

Is that a little more realistic for those of you didn't like the first shake?

GrumpyTX
10-22-2004, 08:31 AM
Wow. That is one serious shake. Might have to blend a few of those on my next bulk cycle. Thanks for the info.

matrix5089
10-22-2004, 09:30 AM
seems like alot for one meal!!!!!

emjlr3
10-22-2004, 10:27 AM
yea really can u do anything with all that in one meal? but damn that would be beast, i had one of those 2k cal shakes before that are sold, its like trying to drink paste, thick as all get out, and dont taste very good either, i couldnt imagine having one every day

the one
10-22-2004, 11:56 AM
i do something like that alot in the evenings, if im just hanging out watchin a moive or something, ill make a huge shake and just sip on it for a few hours.

matrix5089
10-22-2004, 12:10 PM
How big is your blender??/

JSully
10-22-2004, 06:45 PM
yea really can u do anything with all that in one meal? but damn that would be beast, i had one of those 2k cal shakes before that are sold, its like trying to drink paste, thick as all get out, and dont taste very good either, i couldnt imagine having one every day

Well, this doesn't taste like past. And YES you will have to add about 8 oz of water to get it to all mix correctly, in which it will taste extremely good. It's pretty thick but it's more like a smoothie thickness. Instead of adding water just add a bunch of ice cubes and a little water. Tasty. MMmmmmm!!

Achille
10-23-2004, 04:40 AM
you've created a monster dude.. awesome shake, worth considering for my next bulking cycle starting december. By the way does anybody remember Cybergenics Infiniti 3000? It used to be the king of gainers some years ago. My big brother used it when I wasnt lifting yet and put on A LOT of mass. 3k calories and a ****load of other stuff in a great tasting shake. I wish I could find some but I think its been discontinued from production

massfreak
10-23-2004, 06:22 AM
I think I will try that since I'm 2 week into my bulking cycle.Thanks for the shake

shootermcgavin7
10-23-2004, 08:45 AM
Back when I was doing a serious bulk, I used to make one that was about 2000 Cal myself in a blender using Vanilla ON Whey, Milk, Natty PB, and ice.

It actually tasted pretty good.

JSully
10-23-2004, 01:15 PM
For me, I'm actually gonna add 2 scoops of ON whey to it then make it. From there I'll cut the shake in half and drink one of those post workout. That's a little more than 1g/lb LBM carbs and about a 1/3g/lb of protein. With the leftover half, I'll half that again and have one of those for a snack in the morning, and one for my snack in the afternoon(preworkout). Now I only have to eat 1800-2000 calories of regular food. I won't find myself stuffing my face every 5 minutes now. I'm going though and writing up all the foods: breakfast, lunch, dinner, that I will be able to eat on my bulk and I'm trying to get them all as nutritionally close as possible so that I'm not stuck eating the exact same thing every day and I'll have a little variation. So far I've got like 6 meals planned out that I can have and damn they're tasty too.

Too bad I'm not starting my bulk till January. :(

Titanium_Jim
10-24-2004, 03:00 AM
Did anyone else notice it says 334 servings of the ultimate mass shake?

JSully
10-24-2004, 03:09 AM
it says 334 GRAMS, not servings.

1 serving = 334g

Titanium_Jim
10-24-2004, 04:04 AM
My bad for reading it wrong, but DAMN DUDE! 334g per serving? That seems ridarculously huge. And I eat a LOT. And only 50 grams of protein in 334g of "mass" shake sounds like crap.

JSully
10-24-2004, 02:16 PM
It's a mass shake, not a protein shake, there is a difference. If you want JUST protein, then get ON 100% whey which has 23g protein, 2g carb, 1g fat per serving. Look at any mass gainer, they're alwas "low" in protein compared to the carbs. Stats:

www.optimumnutrition.com

Serious Mass Vanilla 12 lbs
Stock Number: 02 382

Serious Mass: the ULTIMATE in weight gain formulas. Serious Mass supplies you with the tools you need to pack on the pounds and develop the physique you've always wanted.

Product Profile:

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories 1250
Calories from Fat 40
Total Fat 4.5 g 7%*
Saturated Fat 3 g 15%*
Cholesterol 75 mg 25%*
Total Carbohydrate 252 g 84%*
Sugars 40 g
Protein 50 g 100%*
Vitamin C 60 mg 100%*
Vitamin D 200 I.U. 50%*
Vitamin E 30 I.U. 100%*
Thiamin 5 mg 330%*
Riboflavin 5 mg 290%*
Niacin 50 mg 250%*
Vitamin B6 5 mg 250%*
Folic Acid 400 mcg 100%*
Vitamin B12 20 mcg 330%*
Biotin 300 mcg 100%*
Pantothenic Acid 100 mg 1000%*
Calcium 730 mg 70%*
Iron 6 mg 35%*
Phosphorus 350 mg 35%*
Iodine 75 mcg 50%*
Magnesium 186 mg 45%*
Zinc 30 mg 200%*
Selenium 200 mcg 290%*
Copper 1 mg 50%*
Manganese 10 mg 500%*
Chromium 600 mcg 500%*
Molybdenum 150 mcg 200%*
Sodium 600 mg 25%*
Potassium 1230 mg 35%*
Choline 250 mg
Inositol 250 mg
PABA 5 mg
Creatine Monohydrate 1 g
L-Glutamine 500 mg

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Ingredients:
Complex Carbohydrates, Proprietary Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Calcium Caseinate, Egg Albumen, L-Glutamine), Artificial Flavor, Serious Mass Vitamin & Mineral Blend (Potassium Phosphate, Choline Bitartrate, Magnesium Aspartate, Beta Carotene, Inositol, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Zinc Citrate, Ascorbic Acid, Boron Amino Acid Chelate, Niacinamide, Manganese Glycinate, Kelp, d-alpha Tocopherol Succinate, Ferrous Fumarate, Copper Gluconate, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Para-Aminobenzoic Acid, Chromium Picolinate, Selenium Glycinate, Molybdenum Glycinate, Vitamin D3, Folic Acid, Biotin, Cyanocobalamin), Medium Chain Triglycerides, Creatine Monohydrate, Acesulfame Potassium.

Suggested Use: Take 3 servings daily

Serving Size: 337g (2 Heaping Scoops)

Package Size: 12 lb

IMO Optimum Nutrition is VERY credible. One of the only supplement companies that I feel I truly get my money's worth.

Titanium_Jim
10-25-2004, 01:13 PM
Alright, I'm sold, where do you get it?

BigNic
10-25-2004, 01:19 PM
you could do that exact shake with most powders.

Max-Mex
10-25-2004, 01:24 PM
I was just thinking about how to make a protein shake that is monstrous and would be great for bulking. The Ultimate Mass Shake in the pic is made by Optimum Nutrition and can be found in your local supplement store or online many different supp stores.

Just like to share with everyone. I think it tastes wonderful. :) You'll hafta add water to get it actually blended right. 24oz of milk and it will still be too thick.

Anyways, for hardgainers I suppose 2 of these per day along with regular eating will work wonders!

That is a great before bed shake. Take all night just to digest that stuff, evn if it is in liquid form.

geoffgarcia
10-25-2004, 01:36 PM
It's a mass shake, not a protein shake, there is a difference. If you want JUST protein, then get ON 100% whey which has 23g protein, 2g carb, 1g fat per serving. Look at any mass gainer, they're alwas "low" in protein compared to the carbs. Stats:

Serious Mass: the ULTIMATE in weight gain formulas. Serious Mass supplies
IMO Optimum Nutrition is VERY credible. One of the only supplement companies that I feel I truly get my money's worth.
252g of simple carbs is insane

Serious Mass:
2.70$ per pound
12 pounds: 4032g carbs, 800 protein (blend of unknown proportions)

Mix your own:
10$ = 11 pounds of dextrose = 4650g carbs = 0.91$ per pound
2.5 pounds of WPC = 862g protein = $4.25 per pound

mix them together and you get more protein, more dext, and the total price per pound is 1.5$ per pound

So, 36 pounds (3bags) of Serious Mass = 97.2$
Or 36 pounds of your own mixed shake = 54$
the extra vits/minerals and trace amounts of creatine might be and additional 3-4 cents per pound...

IMHO a better shake ingredient list would be
1 tbsp olive oil (mono)
1 tbsp grape seed/safflower oil (poly)
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup milk protein isolate

which would yield (using grape seed)
33g fat (3.5g sat, 12 poly, 13 mono)
54g carbs (4 dietary fiber, 0 sugar)
50.5g protein (casein/whey isolates)
which is 715 total calories

JSully
10-25-2004, 07:05 PM
Damn Geoff, that's a helluva mix. Aside that I'm too lazy to mix all that together, I prefer the massive amounts of carbs I get in the Serious Mass shake, but then again all I have to do is rearrange the ratio's that you have.

Where can I get dextrose and protein in bulk like that?

And where do you get simple carbs from? It states in the ingredients "complex carbohydrates":

Ingredients:
Complex Carbohydrates, Proprietary Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Calcium Caseinate, Egg Albumen, L-Glutamine), Artificial Flavor, Serious Mass Vitamin & Mineral Blend (Potassium Phosphate, Choline Bitartrate, Magnesium Aspartate, Beta Carotene, Inositol, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Zinc Citrate, Ascorbic Acid, Boron Amino Acid Chelate, Niacinamide, Manganese Glycinate, Kelp, d-alpha Tocopherol Succinate, Ferrous Fumarate, Copper Gluconate, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Para-Aminobenzoic Acid, Chromium Picolinate, Selenium Glycinate, Molybdenum Glycinate, Vitamin D3, Folic Acid, Biotin, Cyanocobalamin), Medium Chain Triglycerides, Creatine Monohydrate, Acesulfame Potassium.

I don't know what half that sh1t is so if you would care to enlighten me as to how you get simple carbs from that list???

geoffgarcia
10-25-2004, 08:40 PM
I'm too lazy to mix all that together
it takes all of 2 second to mix it together.

Where can I get dextrose and protein in bulk like that?I get mine at supplementdirect.com but there are tons of online and brick/mortar places

And where do you get simple carbs from?
It states in the ingredients "complex carbohydrates"I highly doubt they are complex carbs, they are getting fancy with maltodextrin which TECHNICALLY isn't a simple carb but for the most part it is

I don't know what half that sh1t is so if you would care to enlighten me as to how you get simple carbs from that list???
on the nutritional label under carbs, where it says sugars. Also I'm willing to bet that the complex carbs they talk about are just maltodextrin.

They make the list look complex to make people think they are getting a bigger bang for their buck. They also make a ridiculous serving size to make you think its 4x greater than any other formula, when the fact is its just 4x the servings of a normal formula.

JSully
10-25-2004, 11:46 PM
Alright, well if I were to make my own blend of Protein/Dextrose, can I still use that high of a ratio? I like being able to pack that many carbs into a single drink then split that drink in half or whatever.

As far as flavor, would some vanilla extract be to bad? I like a vanilla/peanutbutter/banana taste to mine. With the protein and dextrose you "prescribe" there's no flavor.

And now I will bow down to you for releasing that site to me, I will now make all my own shakes from that.

One other thing, Rolled Oats... why? I prefer granola for the taste and fat content, and I've never had "rolled oats". Is that similar to Quaker Oatmeal? If it is similar to Quaker Oatmeal, would that really taste good in a shake like I'm trying to achieve? To tell you the truth, I'm thinking about making the EXACT same shake as I've come up with but with what you've said instead of the ON Serious Mass. Same protein-carb ratio and everything. I'll use the fat like you said with the olive oil & grape seed. And if you say it'll taste good with oatmeal then I suppose I'll try it like that. Let me know man!

the one
10-26-2004, 08:47 AM
so how many servintgs do you get in 12lbs of serious mass???

thanks

geoffgarcia
10-26-2004, 08:49 AM
I never said it would taste good.
I just said it would be better for you.

PowerManDL
10-26-2004, 09:39 AM
Who cares about it being good for you when you're bulking?

the one
10-26-2004, 12:16 PM
how many servings?

JSully
10-26-2004, 07:11 PM
how many servings?

18 servings..

LOL @ PowerManDL..my sediments exactly. I was just looking at the difference in price. But I figure its more convenient to just get the ON Serious Mass!

Beholder
10-26-2004, 11:47 PM
How much does it cost for the ON Serious Mass for the 12lb, and where can I get it from a Canadian Distributor.
And whats everyones thoughts on Mammoth 2500??

AstronautJones
10-27-2004, 12:32 AM
Ahh yes, Serious Mass. A year ago when I was hardcore bulking I would have 3 servings of serious mass a day mixed in with ~2 cups of whole milk, a splash or two of half & half, and 1-2 scoops of Carbo Hit (225 cals/52g Carbs per scoop). I will say that I probably put on more fat than would be desirable by most, but hey it got me up to 245. :D

Monkey
10-27-2004, 03:07 AM
Hmmmm, as I look at this now, if you cut the shake in half, that would take the stats down to:

55.5g protein - 225g carb - 28g fat

Now, add 2 scoops of ON whey protein - 46g protein, 2g carb, 1g fat, that would yeild:

101.5g protein - 227g carb - 29g fat = 1575kcals

In which, that would be the IDEAL Post-Workout Shake for a person weighing approximately 225lbs.

Is that a little more realistic for those of you didn't like the first shake?

i would love to take that everday :thumbup: :nod:

JSully
10-27-2004, 03:57 AM
Ahh yes, Serious Mass. A year ago when I was hardcore bulking I would have 3 servings of serious mass a day mixed in with ~2 cups of whole milk, a splash or two of half & half, and 1-2 scoops of Carbo Hit (225 cals/52g Carbs per scoop). I will say that I probably put on more fat than would be desirable by most, but hey it got me up to 245. :D

I will probably add an extra 4-6 scoops of ON protein to bump the overall total protein up to 150-200g then I'll cut it in 3rds and have 1 shake 3 times a day. Dunno yet, gotta design my ratio's for bulking. I'm not sure if I'm going to do a 50/30/20 -> protein/carb/fat or a 60/20/20 -> protein/carb/fat. What's eveyone else's opinion for optimal muscle gain and minimal fat gain. I WILL be doing this clean. I have plenty of time to design a diet too because I won't start bulking again until January.

i would love to take that everday :thumbup: :nod: