PDA

View Full Version : Calorie burning

Titanium_Jim
10-22-2004, 03:48 AM
How can you find out how many calories you burn in a day?

ryuage
10-22-2004, 09:19 AM
track how much you eat for a week or two thent rack how much weight you gain/lose or stay at... then you will have an estimate.

Titanium_Jim
10-22-2004, 02:50 PM
My weight never fluctuates, and I eat at least 4000 calories a day.

thecaptain
10-22-2004, 03:22 PM
So you're constantly in a bulking phase, unless you're ronnie coleman.

Vido
10-22-2004, 06:25 PM

so eat more

JSully
10-22-2004, 07:08 PM
There is actually a mathematical equation to it, but I can't remember it.

Titanium_Jim
10-24-2004, 02:57 AM
So you're constantly in a bulking phase, unless you're ronnie coleman.

That's the idea, I've been lifting for 3 years and I think from my incredibly high metabolism and from not eating enough initially, I've actually lost body fat because my weight stayed the same the whole time even though my body shape did not.

Vido
10-24-2004, 12:19 PM
I have to say you're doing an abysmal job of "bulking" if you haven't gained weight in 3 years.

ryuage
10-24-2004, 12:31 PM
:scratch: haha didn't you just stop to think hrmm oh sayyyy 2.9 years ago?

Titanium_Jim
10-24-2004, 04:04 PM
I don't have to stop to think. I kept adding more to my diet, slowly eating healthier and healthier, a few months ago cut caffeine completey out, and added more protein into the mix, gained 10lbs in about 3 weeks, then nothing again.

I have to say you're doing an abysmal job of "bulking" if you haven't gained weight in 3 years.
You think?

BlingMeter
10-24-2004, 04:32 PM
if u gainined 10lbs and nothin again then your doing something wrong. or slacking on your eating and convicing yourself your eating 4,000cals a day

Behemoth
10-24-2004, 06:00 PM
The 10 pounds was water. You likely did not stick with eating enough to put on any quality weight.

Titanium_Jim
10-25-2004, 12:26 AM
I eat at least 4000 calories a day.
I count. I don't just eat when I'm hungry and then assume it's at least 4000. It's been closer to 5000 the last week. I do believe the 10 lbs I gained a few months ago was water weight, I believed that since it happened, because you don't gain 10 lbs of muscle in 3 weeks, but since then I've gained muscle with no weight. I don't "convince" myself of anything.
*Edit: I did stick to the eating changes I made when I gained the 10 lbs. Before then I was taking in anywhere between 2000-2500 calories a day. I've been steadily eating more, healthier, and more protein since then, and it worked at first, then just stopped again. SO, back to the original subject, if my weight never changes, is there no way to find out how many calories I burn a day? If I could find that out for sure, I could know exactly how many calories I need to take in a day.

fen2zla
10-25-2004, 12:38 AM

Post your typical days diet. I would be interested in seeing it.

Vido
10-25-2004, 12:56 AM
SO, back to the original subject, if my weight never changes, is there no way to find out how many calories I burn a day? If I could find that out for sure, I could know exactly how many calories I need to take in a day.

It doesn't matter how many calories you burn per day. You're eating close to 5K cals now and not gaining. Well then, up that to 6K and see what happens. If you're not gaining weight you are simply not eating enough...it's really not rocket science.

Titanium_Jim
10-25-2004, 02:55 AM
A typical day is somewhat like I ate today. A couple nutty bars, some fruit and veggies, half a pizza, a bunch of fried chicken, a macho beef burrito from del taco, a corned beef and cheese sandwich, a turkey and mayo sandwich, and an egg, bacon, cheese and mayo sandwich. That was today.

*Edit: 3/4 gallon of water as well.

Max-Mex
10-25-2004, 09:48 AM
Not very healthy. Not even close to healthy. Lot's of calories however. I'd say you need to drink more of your calories (milk, protien shakes, smoothies). Eat more foods that will digest quickly (pasta, mashed potatoes, etc). You're less likely to feel full eating stuff like that. If you want healthy as well, stay away from the junk (del Taco, Corned beef, fried chicken, pizza).

Titanium_Jim
10-25-2004, 12:02 PM
No, I don't ever feel full. I eat constantly and still wake up every day feeling like I haven't eaten in days. I have an INCREDIBLY high metabolism so I don't need anything to digest any faster. I'm lactose intolerant but I do get rice milk, soy milk, and lactose free milk and whey powder to mix with it when I can. Funds are the only thing holding me back from eating what I want right now.

Vido
10-25-2004, 12:04 PM
Funds are the only thing holding me back from eating what I want right now.

Then why you are eating out so much?

ryuage
10-25-2004, 12:06 PM
:withstupi

it's cheaper to cook your own food

Frozenmoses
10-25-2004, 12:07 PM
:withstupi

Yeah, buying whole foods and preparing them yourself is much less expensive than eating fast food and such.

txterry
10-25-2004, 12:44 PM
:withstupi and :withstupi and :withstupi

T-Jim how do you afford to eat out on limited funds. :confused: Cooking n eating at home is cheaper n healthier. IF you cannot eat at home there are better choices for eating out.

geoffgarcia
10-25-2004, 12:49 PM
:withstupi :withstupi :withstupi :withstupi

and you might wanna get some blood work done...
there might be a reason your not gaining other than the assumption that you have a fast metabolism

Titanium_Jim
10-25-2004, 01:03 PM
The only thing I didn't cook myself was the burrito. I think eating all that food and only spending about $4 for one day was pretty good. If I had a problem synthesizing sugar or producing insulin I think I would have gone into a coma a long, long time ago.

Max-Mex
10-25-2004, 01:20 PM
I have an INCREDIBLY high metabolism so I don't need anything to digest any faster.

You're missing my point. Quick digestion of food and having a fast metabolism doesn't equate to burning calories more quickly. Getting your calories from whole foods, while a good thing, is not the best solution for you. Eating whole foods means your body takes longer to digest the food, which in turn means you'll feel less hungry as the day goes on. If you eat foods that are digested quickly, then your will feel hungrier earlier.

IMO, drinking your calories (weight gainer of some kind) is the best way to increase calories for the day.

Titanium_Jim
10-25-2004, 01:42 PM
No, I don't ever feel full. I eat constantly and still wake up every day feeling like I haven't eaten in days.

BlingMeter
10-25-2004, 03:34 PM
:withstupi :withstupi :withstupi :withstupi :withstupi

the past year i have spent more than 800$ in fast food. cookin your own does cost a **** load less

u can get like 12 chicken legs and breasts for like 7$ out here at the store

when i was in pittsburgh i bought those 32 eggs in a carton thing for like 6$

Behemoth
10-25-2004, 06:06 PM
:withstupi :withstupi :withstupi :whip: :withstupi :withstupi :withstupi

You have it all in front of you, it's incredibly easy to see. Take the advice that has been given to you if you're serious about changing yourself. There's two decisions you have to make here. Whether or not you're going to correct your diet to accomodate for gaining weight. And whether or not you're going to stick with it.

Dirt
10-25-2004, 09:12 PM
No offense, but I find it unlikely that is a "typical" day with regard to your diet. If it is then I would advise you to see a doctor as someone else has suggested as something is definitely not right. I don't know off hand what your stats are because the other thread was deleted, but I recall you saying you stand about 6'5" in height (but should be 6'7"-6'8", but aren't because of curvature of your spine) and were around 160-165 lbs. That is underweight/borderline for being underweight if you use the BMI (not that, that is reliable for bodybuilding) depending on what numbers you use. My point is that if you are attempting to take bodybuilding even remotely seriously your first consideration should be a) getting your diet in shape by finding out the actual number of calories you consume in a day over a period of no less than a week and/or b) going to a doctor and getting yourself checked out.

txterry
10-25-2004, 09:34 PM
Some good advice here T-Jim from people seriously trying to help you with your challenges.
Just for a second stop thinking that you know everything about your body and that you have all the answers ... then you could make a positive change in yourself.

fen2zla
10-25-2004, 10:32 PM
Its like talking to a brick wall.

Titanium_Jim
10-25-2004, 10:41 PM
No offense, but I find it unlikely that is a "typical" day with regard to your diet. If it is then I would advise you to see a doctor as someone else has suggested as something is definitely not right. I don't know off hand what your stats are because the other thread was deleted, but I recall you saying you stand about 6'5" in height (but should be 6'7"-6'8", but aren't because of curvature of your spine) and were around 160-165 lbs. That is underweight/borderline for being underweight if you use the BMI

That is close to my typical diet, some things substituted with pasta, burgers, hot dogs, peanut butter, ham, protein shakes, etc. sometimes. I'm not unhealthily underweight, I have incredibly thin bones, and my frame makes me lighter. I don't assume to know everything about my body, but I'm pretty sure if I had diabetes, I would have died a while ago, the way I eat.

Its like talking to a brick wall.
Is that like constructive criticism?

fen2zla
10-25-2004, 10:49 PM
Is that like constructive criticism?

No, its just criticism.

BlingMeter
10-26-2004, 05:45 AM
ur underweight dude stop denying it. get ur diet straight and come back. between u and the other guy from hawaii its like watching a train wreck (i think thats how u say it lol)

Titanium_Jim
10-26-2004, 01:45 PM
Bling, you're gay dude stop denying it. Go get your **** pushed in and don't come back.

BlingMeter
10-26-2004, 01:47 PM
:thumbup: :nod: :birthday: :angel: :whiner: :read: :hello: :moon: :scratch: :bash: :hump: :birthday: :windup:

show that picture of u again, oh thats right.

Titanium_Jim
10-26-2004, 01:53 PM
LOL you can't read. That pic was of me 4 years ago. My card reader won't work and my digi is so old it uses a serial port to connect (or rather NOT connect) to computers, so without my card reader being functional, I have no way to get new pics posted. And just for ****s and giggles, http://www.geocities.com/tupac_shakur_23/poopstyx.html

BlingMeter
10-26-2004, 02:23 PM
everyone makes exuses. my scanners broke, my camera wont work. i ran outta batteries. i highly doubt u have changed much in muscle over the 4 yrs. as of now ur hiding behind your computer, be a man and post a pic even if u will be the smallest one here

Titanium_Jim
10-26-2004, 03:15 PM
Be a man like you bling?

is there anyway to pull my ass in? im paranoid it sticks out to far even though everyone says i have no ass. i hate being so paranoid over the tinniest thing, its either im to skinny, my ass hangs out or my bellys to big after i eat. UGH im like a girl!

BlingMeter
10-26-2004, 03:24 PM
hey man i dont have a problem gaining weight. last time i looked i was benching 285 for reps of 5. what r U at?

_-_v_-_
10-26-2004, 03:27 PM
Time to thread closure and bannage:

T-10 seconds and counting.

BlingMeter
10-26-2004, 03:28 PM
T-9

Behemoth
10-26-2004, 06:59 PM
Reminds me of the days of Rodent500...

Isaac Wilkins
10-26-2004, 07:01 PM