PDA

View Full Version : Regular food post-workout

Y2A
10-22-2004, 06:20 PM
I thought I have read here that if you have a preworkout shake, that you can eat regular food post-workout (not a shake). Is that true? Can it be beef or does it need to be like chicken and rice (super lean meat with carbs)? Thanks :thumbup:

JSully
10-22-2004, 07:05 PM
Hi GI Carbs, a banana, some smarties (candy), orange juice.. etc

Manveet
10-22-2004, 10:14 PM
I thought I have read here that if you have a preworkout shake, that you can eat regular food post-workout (not a shake). Is that true? Can it be beef or does it need to be like chicken and rice (super lean meat with carbs)? Thanks :thumbup:

If you go to the wbb home page, and look under one of the round table discussions, blood&Iron actually talks about this. Essentially, if one were to have only one shake, a pre-workout shake would be better than post. At least if my memory serves me correct.

Post-workout, I would try to eat mostly carbs and protein, minimal fat. But to be quite honest, I doubt you will see any difference if you were to eat the beef, so long as you meet you daily nutritional goals.

fen2zla
10-22-2004, 11:07 PM
Post-workout, I would try to eat mostly carbs and protein, minimal fat. But to be quite honest, I doubt you will see any difference if you were to eat the beef, so long as you meet you daily nutritional goals.

Agreed. Post workout I would try to keep fat intake to a mimimum. But apart from that its not going to make a hell of a difference.

SalahG
10-22-2004, 11:23 PM
Dude dextrose is the anwser for a post workout shake. Banana's and stuff like that will refill liver glycogen, and have little effect on your muscle glycogen.

Vido
10-23-2004, 01:36 AM
You can do just fine eating oats (or other low GI carbs) post-workout, even without a pre-workout shake.

ryuage
10-23-2004, 04:05 AM
You can do just fine eating oats (or other low GI carbs) post-workout, even without a pre-workout shake.

:withstupi

in the big scheme of things I do not think it makes that big of a difference... as long as your nutritional requirements are met you should have no problem in the muscle building department... just take aka for example.