PDA

View Full Version : Types of Oats

migs
10-23-2004, 10:08 AM
Are there different types of oats ? I was at the supermarket and there were "white oats" the stuff you use to do oat meal, is there another type of oats ? Is there something else like "brown oats" or something like. Any difference ?

ryuage
10-23-2004, 10:12 AM
what does it say under ingredients?

echo85
10-23-2004, 02:07 PM
Unlike wheat and other grains, oats are nearly always sold in whole grain form. The only difference is how long they take to cook, which is determined by how much they have been pre-cooked or steamed. This arguably makes little or no nutritional difference. Oat bran, which even higher in fiber is available at many supermarkets as well.

Vido
10-23-2004, 02:10 PM
I think there is Quick Oats, regular oats, and steel-cut oats (and maybe more). Steel-cut is supposedly the best, but it's really not a big deal at all.

migs
10-24-2004, 06:47 AM
Its in a steel container 500gm, its quick oats just add water/milk and heat type of eats. The type u use for oat meal. But its got White oats on it, I dont think Ive ever tried any other type before but it got my attention this time that the oats you guys refer to might be different.