PDA

View Full Version : Assess my diet

orbital
10-23-2004, 12:37 PM
I am 6'0 and I have bulked from 165lb to 180lb from mid July. I am trying to do a relatively clean and controlled bulk to 190-200lbs. Here is what I consume on average daily.

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=orbital

I would like some advice on the macronutrient breakdown. Also, ATM, for supplements I am only taking 5g of creatine daily. I ran out of whey about a month ago. I was thinking of ordering some more but it looks like I am getting enough protein already. Is my protein level inflated by lower quality bread and peanut proteins? Would a whey supplement help me? Lastly, I think I should be getting a multivitamin in me. What type and where to buy?

Thanks.

Vido
10-23-2004, 01:15 PM
If you count grams of protein the way I do, then yes, your protein count is inflated. I only bother counting the highest quality sources when I'm making sure I hit my 1g/lb bodyweight. However, you still have about 160-180g of "quality" protein in there as far as I'm concerned so you're probably fine.

I think your fat choices could be better. I see no fish/flax/olive oils...and when it comes to nuts, I don't think peanuts are one of the better choices as far as EFA's go (look into something like walnuts or macadamias).

Other than that, it looks pretty good, and if it's working then just keep at it.

ryuage
10-23-2004, 01:21 PM
Ill have to disagree with vido... I count all proteins from complete or incomplete sources..

Manveet
10-23-2004, 01:26 PM
Through in some EFA's (fish oil caps), maybe some olive oil instead of mayo as well.

Other than that, it looks fine to be quite honest. As long as you are eating enough for growth, you should do well on your bulk.

orbital
10-23-2004, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. I will look into fish oil caps, olive oil and different nuts. The mayo in my diet comes from sandwichs. Don't think I could handle a tuna sandwich w/o it. Are you saying that I should put olive oil in place of the mayo?

ryuage
10-23-2004, 02:53 PM
they were just saying there are better sources of fat then mayo you could incorporate it.. if you don't like tuna you dont have to eat it :) try some chicken or turkey or lean beef.

JSully
10-23-2004, 03:20 PM
Get some low fat mayo, and cut what you have in half. So that would be 1.5 tablespoons of lowfat mayo, now add in 10 fish oil caps a day (10g fat) and it'll look fine to me.

Or, for something quite tasty, cook your rice. When it's done and still steaming, add 2 cans of tuna to it, then 2 tablespoons of lowfat mayo. Good God that tastes good, and it's healthy too. I hate, rather DESPISE tuna straight out of a can so I have tons of things that taste good with tuna that are still pretty good for you. I would ditch some of the bread for some other stuff. Maybe a bagel? That replaces roughly 30g carbs depending on what kind of bread you're currently using. Also, get rid of one of the yokes and cook an extra 4-6 egg whites. So that would make it around 10 eggs total with only 4 yokes, that's 49g protein, 0carb, and 28g fat instead of 35. Now that will allow you to put some lowfat cream cheese on your bagel! :) [yes I know, I'm the king of loopholes for taste, LOL]. I agree with the peanuts as Vido specified, if you're going for fat calories then that's not the way to go. But if you're going for a little fat but mainly carbs and taste then go right ahead with reg peanuts (Personally, I'd get cashews, Mmmm tasty!) OK, well that's my $0.02.