PDA

View Full Version : chris6969 - journey from 130lbs to 195lbs to 180

chris6969
10-25-2004, 06:53 PM
Ok, I started working out right before I turned 19 years old, freshman year of college (pre- Spring Break 1993) I was 130lbs and 6' tall and probably benched about 135lbs max. Unfortunately I dont have any posing pictures from then...I do have other pics... but wont waste time with them.

So here are my pictures after 1 year of working out hard.... April 1994
Probably benching 190lbs

chris6969
10-25-2004, 06:55 PM
I continued putting on about 10lbs a year from 1993- 1998...
So by August 1998 I was about 180lbs... I dieted until Dec 1998 and lost about 10lbs... down to a fairly lean 170lbs....

Here are my pics at 170lbs after 5 years of working out... adding 50lbs and then losing 10lbs of mostly fat. At this time I was benching about 280 on flat.

chris6969
10-25-2004, 07:03 PM
Levelled out for a few years around 190-195lbs... just maintained and added a few lbs to my max bench... did 300x1 in 2000 I think

then Sept 2001 got in a bad accident and lost 25lbs (from 195 to 170lbs) in like 1 week in a hospital. Layed up for a month with a broken & dislocated femur. I lost SO MUCH strength EVERYWHERE, but especially in my legs... my left (broken leg) the most. SO anyway, it took a while to get back up. a cycle helped me get back to where I was naturally and then I stayed where I was when I got off. Been bulking eating anything I wanted for a while.

Peaked out again at about 198lbs... benched 325lbs in March... here's pics from then...

And a full body picture from Sept 2004 at 195lbs right before I started dieting seriously.

front & side... right after a chest work out.... (pumped!!)

chris6969
10-25-2004, 07:06 PM
Ok started gradually bringing my calories down this summer, and really got serious with the diet about 2 months ago... Lost about 15lbs down to 180lbs...

Here's a picture from Saturday... I was working out, legs... and just thought... damn the progress is starting to show.. so I took a few pics.

So my chest isnt pumped here... I will take another picture tomorrow when I work out Chest & Tris... until then here's me at 180lbs now. (non-pumped)

chris6969
10-25-2004, 07:16 PM
Ok, so looking at the pics... I think I've made very little progress from 1998 to 2004... but there's 3 reasons.
1 - I haven't tried too hard
2 - I had a major set back, which is still holding my legs back.
3 - I really dont want to get a lot bigger, I just want to mature my muscle and refine the shape.

I've done it with my chest (its matured a lot)... now I need to bring up my biceps and shoulders. And hopefully, can get my leg fully functional again. Currently I can only jog about 1/2 mile. My left leg is still ****ed from the accident. And my Dr. has recommended having a bone graft surgery since my femur never fully fused.

Looking in the mirror... its hard to believe I already lost 15lbs... (I thought I'd look leaner).... now I think I have to lose another 10lbs to be where I want to be. 170lbs is light, especially for my height 6'.

If I can get to 175lbs and bench 350lbs... that would be a great goal... 2x my BW bench.

Herc
10-25-2004, 08:13 PM
Nice record of your progress there.

I would work on balancing out your muscles. From your last pic it looks like your Tris, Chest and Front delts are dominating your frame. i.e. your bench press muscles. The look of maturity also comes from balance. Try adding some heavy back workouts and rear delts exercises to your routine.

:thumbup:

HahnB
10-25-2004, 08:17 PM
Great work bro. Which would you say took more discipline, your bulk or cut?

chris6969
10-25-2004, 08:44 PM
Bulk took consistancy AND PATIENCE.... years of working out helped mature the muscle... I've made gradual progress with gaining mass....
its just eating lots of calories and working out hard a few hours a week.
Keeping close written track of my work out weights has helped me keep site of my slow/gradual progress and helped me remain patient.

in the beginning gaining/bulking was hard... when I was like 130-150lbs at probably 11-12% BF, but lately its a lot easier (metabolism has slowed down in my old age... lol - 30 year old now)

Dieting is a lot harder... I want to eat all kinds of food.... but I cant.... thats takes 24 hour discipline... I'm mostly on a low fat diet (a little good fat, like olive oil)... eating as many protein grams as I want... ie... lean ham, skinless chicken breast, egg whites, some sushi & sashimi, beef jerky, protein bars, protein shakes... I get some carbs from Gatorade when I need some energy.

bulking... you just have to make sure you work out.. and put out a good effort a few hours/day.... a few days a week. The main thing is DONT skip your work outs.... doesnt matter what, where, why... do it. Even a shltty (hang over) work out is better than no work out. Keep written records... and always try to at least match your best... if not do better every week. You wont do all the time, but its a good goal.

Dieting takes 24/7 discipline with controlling cravings and diet.
(you need diet "fast foods"... like protein bars & beef jerky handy at all times)

Bulking takes time, effort & patience.

furious
10-26-2004, 05:40 AM
Your bulking has been quite successful, yet you havent been able to get really cut in my opinion. You will see all your progress once you melt away the layer of fat covering your muscular definition, perhaps that should be your next goal.

chris6969
10-26-2004, 08:04 AM
Your bulking has been quite successful, yet you havent been able to get really cut in my opinion. You will see all your progress once you melt away the layer of fat covering your muscular definition, perhaps that should be your next goal.

That is my goal right now. I lost 15lbs in the past month or 2. And I'm guessing that I need to lose another 10lbs to be ripped, like I want to be.

Ğragons
10-26-2004, 12:07 PM
dno after s long, id want to be a lot bigger than u r :p but good work none the less

ryuage
10-26-2004, 12:52 PM
dont you have a cycle or two under your belt?

chris6969
10-26-2004, 01:06 PM
yes, but very spread out... and basically just test., no big stacks or anything. I'm also thinking about doing Tren, got it & Clomid ready for a cycle. Just not sure, when & if I'm going to do it.

to give you a history:

Spring 1996
2 - short cycles (very low dose, like 6 weeks each... I wish I knew then what I know now, both cycles.... just when I started making gains I came down) - helped... but could have been so much better

Spring 2001
1 - 11 weel long cycle @ about 500mg week (slight pyramid up & down) took 3-4 win tabs a day also for part of the time, this was after my accident... and basically just put the 20lbs back on me that I had lost... and put my strength right back to where it was before the accident, but it helped with my leg rehab. - great cycle

Spring 2004
1 - did a 8 weeks of 2IU HGH/day a few months ago by itself for knee/joint rehab, and my tendenitice in my left knee finally went away after 2 years of having it, so I could train my leg and start jogging a little bit. (not really a "cycle", more like joint therapy)