PDA

View Full Version : digesting only a % of meal

AzBboy
10-25-2004, 07:48 PM
hi, so i was wondering, since our bod can only digest a certain amount of food at a time, and the rest is waste, do we have to discard a certain percentage off each meal since our body isnt gonna digest it all? for instance, its stated the bod can digest an average 30g protein at a time, does that mean if i ate 50g protein meal, that i mite as well only deduct 30 grams from my daily protein intake, cus the rest doesnt get digested? also, just for curiosity, what if i ate a 3000 calorie breakfast, and ate NOTHING the entire rest of the day? i made my daily cal requirement, shouldnt i be able to stop eating for the day? or does only a small percent of that meal get digested? if only a percentage gets digested, its gonna be dam near impossible to know exactly what our bodies took in from what we fed it, unless we can make like the magic schoolbus and enter our bodies and see what it digested and what it discarded. how can we ever know if our daily caloric intake was met, since we dono what percentage of each meal was actually digested? get what im tryin to say? any answers or comments?

BigRic
10-25-2004, 08:11 PM
The thing about the only 30g of protein isn't true. I'm not sure about the digesting but I'm going to say that your body, will digest all the calories that you give it, because if it only digested X% then how do all these people get so overweight.

Vido
10-25-2004, 09:16 PM
Your body is surprisingly efficient at processing what you give it.

As BigRic said, the 30g protein thing is a myth.