PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I gain weight??

John04Civic
10-26-2004, 10:13 AM
I've been hitting the gym for about 1 and 1/2 to 2 months now, and I haven't gained a single pound!!! I keep bouncing around from 167.5 to 169 lbs and never really gaining. I know I'm getting stronger, as I did seven chin ups for the first time yesterday, but I'd like to see some weight gain..

I know diet is key so let me explain what I eat:

Mainly meat, beef jerky, I gun for foods that have more protein and don't really pay attention to calorie count.

Usually everyday I eat a 6 inch or footlong sub from Subway, along with some beefjerky and some fruit cocktail on other nights. I also drink NO soda, only juices, V8 splash, powerade and gatorade, and of course water.

Last night I began to eat cottage cheese out of the tub for the first time :)

Any ideas? I was thinking maybe it was my genes/metabolism, but it seems kind of odd.. Seeing as I am the ONLY skinny member in my family.

geoffgarcia
10-26-2004, 11:00 AM
I've been hitting the gym for about 1 and 1/2 to 2 months now, and I haven't gained a single pound!!!

Everyday I eat a 6 inch or footlong sub from Subway, some beefjerky and some fruit cocktail

Any ideas?

I was thinking maybe it was my genes/metabolism, but it seems kind of odd
there is NOTHING odd about it.
Your not eating enough.

the only thing your 500 calorie diet is going to give you is an ulcer

Hatred
10-26-2004, 11:15 AM
Your Diet sucks.
and I am NOT a newbie and can't do 10 pullups.:P

Ğragons
10-26-2004, 11:17 AM
lol the keyword was "don't really pay attention to calorie count."

End of Chat :p

Vido
10-26-2004, 11:33 AM
Mainly meat, beef jerky, I gun for foods that have more protein and don't really pay attention to calorie count.

Protein doesn't matter if the total calories aren't there.

Ğragons
10-26-2004, 11:34 AM
whats basic start of bulking calories? 3000? then add them each week iff u aint gaining?

ryuage
10-26-2004, 12:36 PM
I've been hitting the gym for about 1 and 1/2 to 2 months now, and I haven't gained a single pound!!! I keep bouncing around from 167.5 to 169 lbs and never really gaining. I know I'm getting stronger, as I did seven chin ups for the first time yesterday, but I'd like to see some weight gain..

I know diet is key so let me explain what I eat:

Usually everyday I eat a 6 inch or footlong sub from Subway, along with some beefjerky and some fruit cocktail on other nights. I also drink NO soda, only juices, V8 splash, powerade and gatorade, and of course water.

Last night I began to eat cottage cheese out of the tub for the first time :)

Any ideas? I was thinking maybe it was my genes/metabolism, but it seems kind of odd.. Seeing as I am the ONLY skinny member in my family.

tuttut

txterry
10-26-2004, 12:47 PM
Pay attention to your calorie count... Increase it.

John04Civic
10-26-2004, 01:00 PM
Really? But I have been reading about how bad Saturated fat is and what not. Not to mention cholestorol, etc.

Also, should I just eat more and more often then?

ryuage
10-26-2004, 01:02 PM
noone said to eat junk, eat more..

John04Civic
10-26-2004, 01:13 PM
I see. Well, do you (or anyone) have any suggestions of some good healthy high calorie foods I could eat? (Mind you I live on a college campus)

EDIT: I also wanted to ask about what exactly a protein shake is or what does it do? (Please don't laugh) Any recommendations? I've read the nutrion facts when it comes to calories / protein and it is through the roof!

Thanks for the responses, this is really new info to me,

John

ryuage
10-26-2004, 01:58 PM
if you've read so much you'd know what to eat then eh??

look at the sticky on the top of the forum that says what a bodybuilder eats.

John04Civic
10-26-2004, 03:21 PM
Alrighty.. thanks for the tips.